IPL - Ass New Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't just tear up a contract :sarcasm That would land you in jail. If the Pakistani players are 'in doubt' The Franchises would have to buy them out, as in pay what they promised.

You sure? Cuz the Pakistani players didnt get any compensation for the IPL-2 iirc. I shouldnt have mentioned tearing the contract, but my meaning was that it should be similar to what happened in season 2

hello guyz this is my first post on planetcricket
well i quite agree with the fact that pakistan players not being a part of IPL season 3 is a big let down for all the cricket fans.Though Lalit Modi always stress on the fact that he want to globalise the game but he has forgot that he is not allowing the best team of T20 cricket to play.He will be loosing on viewers not just from pakistan but also pakistanis staying in other parts of the world.
Guys like afridi,aamer and akmal(s) are great T20 players and they have done very well in both the world cups.
If Mr Modi and other BCCI officals continue to do shameful acts like this then the IPL will certainly loose its magic in the future.

Hope to see the PAK players in IPL 4....

@ dare(for the post, posted by him quoting my post): its not gta game. After the total marraige arrangements, if you want to change the bridegroom or the bride, is it possible.? They were too late.

What the fearsome tweak are you talking about? Aint making any sense.

The got their applications and visas on time.

You say that Pakistani players have been insulted just because they have not been bought.
If you agree on this , i say that all players except the selected 13 have been insulted,
and in my opinion IPL should allow only 1-2 overseas player per team..
The teams are just using overseas players to win and the indian bowlers are smashed in international cricket ( Sreesanth, I.Sharma, R.P.singh)
I think it would be better if they would make youngsters learn what 150 km/h is
so that Indian future bowlers will be better than today.(Even Harbhajan, last year(start of 2009) his economy was 4.16 something and now it is 4.30)

Pakistani minister wants to respond to India in same way :laugh

Obviously he has plans to create PPL and snubs Indian players.

You say that Pakistani players have been insulted just because they have not been bought.
If you agree on this , i say that all players except the selected 13 have been insulted,

umm not really.... the rest of the players are not the current world champions and part of the team which has a winning percentage of more than 70 and their personal records being one of the best in that format

If you agree on this , i say that all players except the selected 13 have been insulted

God, we have to break it down for some of you idiots...

Okay imagine, the Big Bash or whatever is having some Auction for players and Sachin is up for bidding (along with Dhoni, Yuvraj, Gambhir and Sehwag), but nobody bids for any of them, even though they were short listed because at least one of the franchises had shown interest in them, when the list was being finalized. So instead of taking Sachin (and the rest of the Indians) at a base price of let's say $100,000, the Tigers take Daniel Flynn for $150,000 instead! So lets recap... the Indian players were available for the whole season (As are the Pakistani's) and they have their Visa's cleared (As do the Pakistani's), but next year they have a test series during the Big Bash and might not be available. and that's why Daniel Flynn was chosen, because he was a certainty for next year, unlike Sachin, who might not be available, due to the test series. And the owner's say that is why they couldn't select the Indian's.

Oh and this is right after the Sydney Test as well. Like 5 days after it. (That's when the bidding occurs)

Last edited:
God, we have to break it down for some of you idiots...

Okay imagine, the Big Bash or whatever is having some Auction for players and Sachin is up for bidding (along with Dhoni, Yuvraj, Gambhir and Sehwag), but nobody bids for any of them, even though they was short listed because at least one of the franchises had shown interest in them, when the list was being finalized. So instead of taking Sachin (and the rest of the Indians) at a base price of let's say $100,000, the Tigers take Daniel Flynn for $150,000 instead! So lets recap... the Indian players were available for the whole season (As are the Pakistani's) and they have their Visa's cleared (As do the Pakistani's), but next year they have a test series during the Big Bash and might not be available. and that's why Daniel Flynn was chosen, because he was a certainty for next year, unlike Sachin, who might not be available, due to the test series. And the owner's say that is why they couldn't select the Indian's.

Oh and this is right after the Sydney Test as well. Like 5 days after it. (That's when the bidding occurs)

Forget it Nick, some people are just making comments without reading the thread. :facepalm

Moronic from the IPL franchises in not picking up any Pakistani player. Why were they even in the auction if the visas weren't guaranteed? That's just a stupid excuse given by the franchises.

And, by quality of players, if you're telling me that Kemar Roach is better than Aamer, Tanvir or Gul in T20s, you surely don't know your cricket. Some of the players not getting picked would've made sense, but someone with Gul's T20 record (as far as I'm concerned, the best bowler in T20s) not getting picked is nonsensical.

The IPL is pretty much a money-making venture - there's absolutely nothing about finding new Indian talents.

Edit: And, lol at any person defending the IPL. It's quite obvious that the decision to not buy Pakistanis was pre-planned by all franchises because of the political issues between the 2 countries. To me, at least.

+++

P.S I hope the IPL dies. And modi can go where the sun doesn't shine.

There is risk associated with Pak players: Modi

Playing down the uproar over the snub to eleven Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League auction on Tuesday, Lalit Modi said teams preferred only risk-free players.

Speaking at a conference in Mumbai, the IPL Chairman said, "If a team has one player to buy, will he buy a player of 100 per cent chance of risk? Obviously not!. And that's what the franchises did. They're eight corporates. The writing on the wall is clear".

In the IPL player auction for the third season, none of the eight franchises bid for Pakistan players, including Shahid Afridi and Sohail Tanvir.

To this Pakistan players reacted angrily. Afridi went on to call it a political move, while Tanvir called it an insult to Pakistan and its players.

Pakistan Cricket Board chief Ijaz Butt tried telephoned Modi, who did not answer his calls, to complain about the snub, while Pakistan sports minister called up his Indian counterpart, MS Gill.

"I have phoned the sports minister of India and recorded a protest over the unjust and discriminatory treatment meted out to the Pakistani cricketers," sports minister Aijaz Hussain Jakhrani said on Tuesday.

And though Gill gave a patient hearing to Jakhrani, he made it clear it he could not help his cause.

"Pakistan's Sports Minister has spoken to me. But this is a commercial matter and I can't do anything. It has nothing to do with us," he told NDTV.

"Our intention is not to insult anyone or the Pak players. There is apprehension, rightly or wrongly. But we cannot guarantee everyone a slot," Modi said.

"I don't think Pak sports minister should complain. Franchises are selectors for their own team. I'm not controlling them," he added.

Last year Pakistan had not allowed its players to take part in the IPL 2 and most of the teams suffered the losses.

"This is an over-reaction to what happened yesterday. People need to understand that this is a serious issue and there's too much risk associated with these players," Modi said.

"People are looking at past records. And see what happened last year. They weren't allowed to play last year because of 26/11. What if something like this happens again," he said.

Modi also said no body had anything against the Pakistan players.

"The Pak players will play in the Champions League like Shahid Afridi who may play for an Australian team. So we would love to see the Pakistanis participating. And I believe that should play cricket with Pakistan on a bilateral basis. That shouldn't stop," Modi said.

Source - NDTV

^ in summary:

Short, ugly troll goes on damage control but world still hates him.

Whats the meaning of the thread title, by the way (even if it takes digs, sarcasm, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread