IPL To Start a month earlier

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Next years IPL will start a month earlier it has been officially announced.

Overseas players will also have to obtain a 2 year NOC (No Objection Certificate) from their home board to participate too.

"This means that players will have to respect their country's commitments under the International Cricket Council's future tours programme," said League commissioner Lalit Modi.

4 teams have also chosen to play home matches at additional grounds to their home ground. The teams are Mumbai Indians, Deccan Chargers, Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab.

About bloody time on the NOC's. Should have been there in the first place and perhaps there wouldn't have been half the trouble there has been.

I am pretty sure there were NOCs beforehand, but perhaps to a lesser extent. This IPL will display Indian talent to a much greater extent, with the ICL players being given amnesty.

Unless they sign them up just to sit on the bench. Such massive squads in the IPL is actually a bit of a turn off for me. You see players you really like just not getting the chance to play far too often.

A NOC would be pretty useless if the player wasn't contracted to the national team wouldn't it?

If the IPL expands to 94 games next year or the year after we would just see players not sign their national contract and go and play in the IPL.

Looks like New Zealand will need to move it's summer to December, Janurary and Feburary. We wont be able to play our games in March early April anymore.

A NOC would be pretty useless if the player wasn't contracted to the national team wouldn't it?

If the IPL expands to 94 games next year or the year after we would just see players not sign their national contract and go and play in the IPL.

Looks like New Zealand will need to move it's summer to December, Janurary and Feburary. We wont be able to play our games in March early April anymore.
Without a NOC then it becomes a clear choice. You either play IPL or play for your country. None of this crap where players turn up for tours about an hour before the first test we've had in the past. It's a plain choice now. Play 'proper' cricket (Internationally) plus IPL if your board can fit it in, or sell out and just play for the cash. Boards can make decisions based on their tour programme, so International priority comes first, none of this pretending it does.

Without a NOC then it becomes a clear choice. You either play IPL or play for your country. None of this crap where players turn up for tours about an hour before the first test we've had in the past. It's a plain choice now. Play 'proper' cricket (Internationally) plus IPL if your board can fit it in, or sell out and just play for the cash. Boards can make decisions based on their tour programme, so International priority comes first, none of this pretending it does.

Sounds good, hopefully it stays like that. Like I've always said I have nothing against the IPL but when it gets in the way of international cricket it's very annoying.

Even ICl players will get chance in the bidding which will be in Jan, but thwy wont be getting that much of money as other IPL players,their bidding wont be in crores,it will be only in lakhs...New teams will be added and now it will be 60-game tournament..

94 matches sounds like a crazy amount but they still will keep it within the same time window so not too worried about it. Just read up on it and it will expand to 10 teams for IPL season 4.

Starting a month earlier should mean our players get to play more games since March is usually free for us unless we go to SA.

IPL will soon takeover the whole season like the NBA and EPL. With expanding teams and games, its inevitable the IPL window has to expand................

This however I think is a good move, because all the internationals fixtures should continue as they should in the background of the IPL and the players should play in the IPL whenever they are free. With largers pools of players there should be plenty too substitute in each team...

IPL will soon takeover the whole season like the NBA and EPL. With expanding teams and games, its inevitable the IPL window has to expand................

This however I think is a good move, because all the internationals fixtures should continue as they should in the background of the IPL and the players should play in the IPL whenever they are free. With largers pools of players there should be plenty too substitute in each team...

That better be sarcasm young man.

As long as KP is playing, then I'll watch it.

94 matches sounds like a crazy amount but they still will keep it within the same time window so not too worried about it. Just read up on it and it will expand to 10 teams for IPL season 4.

Starting a month earlier should mean our players get to play more games since March is usually free for us unless we go to SA.

It's starting in March?

Fantastic, it's only smack bam in the middle of NZ's summer. Hopefully the NOC thing works properly because we could quite easily see a lot of our players go for the IPL, Vettori's already said that if it happens again we could see something like that.

I don't know about other countries but in NZ the IPL get's pretty much no coverage at all. If it took over world cricket I'd be fairly certain cricket would slowy die over here (It would take a good 10-15 years though). It's a brillant way to kill cricket though

Going by the fixtures for last season they started in April so late March would be the start date then.

The ICC won't allow them to interfere with the FTP so if the IPL wants to expand its window then it will probably lose the support of the ICC.

Let's say for a moment that I was in charge of the IPC (Indian Premier Circus). The first thing I'd change is the start, because it is a nuisance for other international fixtures just now. So the IPC has to start on the 12th of Never. The league has already been overkilled by too many matches, increasing them would not help. Therefore I would reduce the amount of games in a season to 0, so every second of it is valuable. We also have the problem of greedy money-grabbing players shamelessly selling themselves out to some eccentric Indian prat. To solve this I would ban all players who are not Indian from playing in the league - in fact, I'd ban the Indian team as well, if they are not playing an international. The players will be made up of young Indian talent. The venues for the tournament must not be Test grounds and any cheerleaders or corporate sponsorship of sixes and wickets are outlawed.

My perfect IPC = starts on 12th of Never + decrease no. of matches to 0 + ban auctions + ban all non-Indians plus Indian internationals if they have a match + venues as outgrounds + ban cheerleaders + ban corporate sponsorship of sixes and wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread