IPL 10 Teams to Play in IPL 2011

I think we need about 100 million IPL teams, so every person in India can get a game.

Think of all those lucky youngsters who will have the opportunity to look totally outclassed by ageing has-beens such as Brett Lee.

By 2020 we will have 20 IPL teams :banana2

Modi you legend! we love fast cricket :D

Someone push Modi off a building....

I made an image about that ages ago where I was hypothetically kicking the IPL off a building. I'll see if I can find it around here, I've posted it in one of those 'IPL hate' threads I think.

I must admit I do love T20 cricket, it's my second favourite format of the game (Test matches being Number 1, followed by T20, and ODI's last) so this news is very exciting for me, but as already mentioned, most of the big name stars have already been brought by other teams, so these will be left with the scraps, so I dont see how this will increase the quality of cricket played in the IPL!?!?

Now that Modi doesnt exist anymore in the IPL, his haters (incl. me) should heave a sigh of relief.

Read this article about Gavaskar advocating a solution to player retention for IPL 2011.
Indian Premier League: Gavaskar outlines player retention method | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2011 | Cricinfo.com

Sounds a good plan. The 8 teams can nominate 7 players whom they want to retain, but still all those players go into auction and if the bid reaches the $2 million limit for that player, then the franchise which currently has that player gets the first right to pick if they want to retain that player or not. I am sure no franchise will be able to retain all 7 players because their total spending limit is $8 million, but atleast they might be able to retain 3-4 players this way. Want Dhoni/Raina/Bollinger to remain with CSK, Sachin/Malinga/Zaheer to remain with Mumbai and Gilchrist to remain with Deccan.

^^ Do you know most of the franchises are against dividing teams into two groups. They want to play 94 games. They are only thinking about themselves not indian players. But what can you expect from these celebrities who know nothing about cricket. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread