IPL 'Lalit Modi threatens to axe players who opt out of IPL' - BBC

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Because I reckon Britain, is just a tad safer then India.......:sarcasm

Having lived in both countries I can safely say that I never really felt a difference in terms of security. In good areas India matches any western nation. The only thing cricketers have to worry about are the fans, and they have never hurt anyone. We just smother them with love :D.

I'd probably even go as far as saying that Britain is more dangerous simply because it's a bigger target (being a West/White country and all).

Listen, an attack can happen anywhere. You can never predict when, who, how, where. Just take a look at the attack on the Tax offices in Austin. Or the military officer a few months a go who shot up a few cadets. These were in AMERICA. 7/7 in Britain, 26/11 in India, 9/11 in America.

This doesn't happen very often but I have to say I agree with Modi here. Way more than adequate security is being provided. They stay in the best hotels with commandos from the army guarding them. If these guys keep bringing up security concerns they are never going to come, whether it is in 2010, 2011, or 2015. Why should all the owners and the boards have to bear those expenses?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Damien Martyn wishes to chip in-

Damien Martyn said:
The fallout from ACAmeeting has been interesting it always amazed me how info got leaked out people must be reminded that there is so many

Different agendas happening. CA players&CA have a certain view which will always be different to freelance. We must remember we have always

Toured places with this over our heads but when it’s for your country it is a different policy. Why not sure? For example when at the 2005

Ashes a bomb went off in London we were in Leeds that day but drove to London that night . Interesting . Then in a secret meeting CA said

If 1 more bomb goes off we would go home and not complete ashes as history shows another bomb went off and CA said we couldn’t leave . Why?

The reason was the ashes was to big and to much money any other country we would of left … Food for thought

Quotes split as these are his twitter updates.

Source - Damien Martyn’s Interesting Perspective On IPL Security Worries

^ I request you to read the entire article coz I agree with a lot of things posted there.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Having lived in both countries I can safely say that I never really felt a difference in terms of security. In good areas India matches any western nation. The only thing cricketers have to worry about are the fans, and they have never hurt anyone. We just smother them with love :D.

I'd probably even go as far as saying that Britain is more dangerous simply because it's a bigger target (being a West/White country and all).

Listen, an attack can happen anywhere. You can never predict when, who, how, where. Just take a look at the attack on the Tax offices in Austin. Or the military officer a few months a go who shot up a few cadets. These were in AMERICA. 7/7 in Britain, 26/11 in India, 9/11 in America.

This doesn't happen very often but I have to say I agree with Modi here. Way more than adequate security is being provided. They stay in the best hotels with commandos from the army guarding them. If these guys keep bringing up security concerns they are never going to come, whether it is in 2010, 2011, or 2015. Why should all the owners and the boards have to bear those expenses?

this ^^

Highlander get a spec read it carefully, word by word.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
IPL - 20 : Lalit Modi to inaugurate the IPL Island that was initiated in much publicity interests. The IPL island will feature IPL star hotels, 20019200000000 Cricket Stadiums, Capacity to hold 8043945603453458490385903485903476 Billion ROBOT fans.

IPL-20 has been scheduled to play from January 1st, 2028 to January 1st, 2029 featuring over 4353406474570457457 matches.

Modi also overguarentees Time machine to reverse the unn, and the players who suffer injuries.

Last year's super stars were Robot Sachin Tendulkar and Robot Sir Donald Bradman. Although few technical issues persisted the Roboters in the last season, IPL was the sensation of the world.

For the status given, He'd completely do it if he stays there till then.

This is exactly how the anti-IPL, anti-Modi's comment would be like. Players' Security is their personal concern, and they have their rights to voice their opinions, of course, It's gonna be hard for in Modi's point of view to make people believe despite giving so much security and the backstabbing from players asking their other country players to take their route and not risk their lives, just you know, you know....Irritates. Despite giving your 110% efforts.

IPL's security can be as good as CWG 2010, and will be. Believe.

Last edited:

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^ Whose post have you quoted?

And adding to Rohit & your point, I think if there is one thing which is imminent, it is a compromise. And if there isn't one, there are 98 players on the list of replacements. I'm sure they'll be more than willing to drop by.

Also, Pakistani players would make their presence felt, coz CLT20 as already hinted that Pakistan's participation is not ruled out from that league. So maybe they might just make it to the IPL as well.

In any case, its a win-win for the Indian fans. I, on a personal level, like watching Umar Gul as much as I like watching Kev Pietersen.

King Cricket

International Coach
I wouldn't want to go to India either, the crowds are so wild and there's just a crappy atmosphere at the stadium

Depends on your definitions of the words "crappy" and "wild". I have been to the Indian stadiums many a times, and tbh, the atmosphere was outstanding in each of the cases.

As for the main topic, well, I agree with Modi (for the very first time) The security is damn beefed up here, in the aftermath of the Pune blasts, and there's hardly any chance of a random, no-name terror group (313 Brigade) emerging out of nowhere and attacking the players.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't want to go to India either, the crowds are so wild and there's just a crappy atmosphere at the stadium. Although it's up to the players if they want to come or not, why threaten them?

The crowd are on stadiums to support their homeside. They want to eye witness Foreign players playing their best to let their hometeam win. it's all about the craze for the game. they (fans) don't intend to harm anyone, its craze to have a autograph sign and hand shaking.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Each and every international player including ricky ponting likes to play with support of Indian crowd coz the opponent can easily be under pressure for the cheer which the crowd gives and you don't like it? Its really ridiculous. Even freddie feels the same. Almost all players like to play in indian stadia with full house.

Params7

International Cricketer
And he's gonna convince the world somehow. You can't stop Modi.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He doesn't have as much pull as people think. When it comes to his IPL, yeah, he's the big dog. But everywhere else in Indian cricket let alone international affairs he is just some other administrator. He has no say!

Users who are viewing this thread