Is Harsha Bhogle doing some stuff online for T20?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Manjrekar is over-critical of the Indian team. But he's better than most Indian commentators (at least domestically). Internationally, I'd say he's behind the likes of Shastri, Gavaskar.
I don't know about that. Ravi shastri can set the cat amongs the pidgeons when he starts firing all cylinders in pressure cooker situations. At the end of the day, I'd prefer a tracer bullet to the head over his commentary. A replacement would be just what the doctor ordered for the viewers. Make no mistake about it, his place in the commentary box is there for the taking!

JackPKDennison

School Cricketer
I herd Bogle on the BBC radio commentray he was very well informed on the IPL and taught me some new things like why there is so much advertisement during games because Indians pay so little for Satellite TV. I like him more than most commentators.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I don't know about that. Ravi shastri can set the cat amongs the pidgeons when he starts firing all cylinders in pressure cooker situations. At the end of the day, I'd prefer a tracer bullet to the head over his commentary. A replacement would be just what the doctor ordered for the viewers. Make no mistake about it, his place in the commentary box is there for the taking!
I don't share your opinion. I think Shastri is one of the few ex-Indian cricketers and, in fact, ex-subcontinent cricketers who can actually sound interesting and intelligent in the commbox.

P

pcfan123

Im with Sohum here,

my rank of Sub Continent commies is

Gavaskar
Manjreker
Shastri
Laxman Shivaramakrishnan (for comedic effect)

I also don't mind Waqar Younis, I cling to his every word just to try to get a glimpse of how a fast bowler thinks. Wasim Akram is good as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Gavaskar is too biased like most Aussie commentators.
Shastri is curse for India. Whenever he is on in crunch situation we loose wickets. But he talks some sense sometimes. Not too biased like Gavaskar.
I actually like Manjrekar and Ramiz Raja combo. Dont know why Indian fans find Ramiz boring and annoying.
Of course no one beats Sidhu. Cant his ban be taken off.

P

pcfan123

No because he brutally murdered someone. He should be in jail for life

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Why was he banned?

For flaming Indian people when India used to loose and making jibes at other commentators. But flaming was the real reason. BCCI has threatened to pull off TV rights for anyone using him as commentator.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Cuz he swore on TV, IIRC.

I think it was at Harsha Bhogle, too. :p

It was Alan Wilkins, not Bhogle who he swore at.

Users who are viewing this thread