Is inzamam able to do 100 fifties in odi?

I think he will definitely get those 20 half centuries in 2 yrs... He's a great player...

Though 80 50s by some considered as great by some, but not me, its a shame really that the immense talent Inzimam has, one the most naturally gifted batsmen in cricket he hasn't converted many of those into 100s. Its mainly down to his lack of fitness, its quite evident in most games after he reaches a score around 60 he become physically exhausted and as a result plays a rash shot or just gives up and gives his wicket away.

An extra 50 runs can go a long long way in one day cricket for a team.

If he'd have converted even half of those 50's,then he would've been ahead of Sachin Tendulkar.

Sachin Tendulkar has 69 50's and 38 100's. That's a total of 107 scores over 50. Inzamam has 80 50's and 10 100's. That's a total of 90 scores over 50. Thus if Inzy had a higher conversion rate, we could also expect Sachin to have a higher conversion rate. :D

INZAMAM gota loose weight. ITs too embaracing to be fat in cricket and captain as well. He's gota learn from Ganguly see him he is slim, allrounder and genius captain. The prince of Calcutta.
see my cricket JUngle
Sachin = Tiger
Adul RAzzaq = Duck
Inzamam = Elephant
Shoaib = Cheetah

hes a great player he would definately make it he has 81 fifty's 19 more would be no prob for him

Since he is a captain I will say yes,because as a captain he needs to perform well every time meaning he will get those 50s to get to 100.

For One Day Internationals

In 320 innings, Inzamam-Ul-Haq has 46 not-outs. Of these, he has 26 not-out half-centuries.
In 339 innings, Sachin Tendulkar has 32 not-outs. Of these, he has 11 not-out half-centuries.

Neither player has scored a century batting lower than number 4 in the order. Inzamam has batted lower than 4th 103 times, Tendulkar, 40 times.

Quite simply, the two players have operated in different roles for their respective teams. It is also signifigantly more difficult to score centuries in one-day cricket batting in the middle-order than opening. Clearly, if you were to assume that both players could have converted their n.o. 50's to 100's at a similar rate, then Inzamam's record is quite comparable to that of Tendulkar's.

i.e.
Inzamam-Ul-Haq: 320 innings, 10 100's + 26 50n.o. = 36
Sachin Tendulkar: 339 innings, 38 100's + 11 50n.o. = 49

Try to stay on topic, it's about Inzi's half-centuries, not his quarter-pounders :p

Users who are viewing this thread