World's most Over-rated and Under-rated player!

I think Chris Read was very under rated and Jones has hardly done well.
I think Ashish Nehra used to be good but now just isn't up to it he needs to improve a lot.

JOnes has made a test century though. Read really is a poor batsman. has to be allrounder in this day and age

Sureshot said:
JOnes has made a test century though. Read really is a poor batsman. has to be allrounder in this day and age

I also think that England asking Jack Russell to help Geraint Jones improve his keeping says that they would rather have him in the side than Chris Read. I've got nothing against Chris Read, he's a wonderful keeper, but not a particularly good batsman. Without the number of big Flintoff/Jones partnerships this summer we would have been in alot of trouble, as alot of the games were very close after the 1st innings.

Over-rated: S. Akthar, zaheer khan, M. Vaughan, S.Fleming, Salman butt (in fact its too early to rate him)
Under-rated: kumble, Inzi, G. Smith

littlegenius90 said:
Over-rated: S. Akthar, zaheer khan, M. Vaughan, S.Fleming, Salman butt (in fact its too early to rate him)
Under-rated: kumble, Inzi, G. Smith

Everyone knows Kumble is a matchwinner, but he is a much lesser bowler outside India.

Vaughan isn't overrated, he does poor with the bat sometimes but is the best captain ini WCricket

Sureshot said:
Vaughan isn't overrated, he does poor with the bat sometimes but is the best captain ini WCricket

nice joke dude

i think the most underated player is little t.tiabu, the zimbabwian wicketkeeper. hes a little gun with the bat and the only thing holding the team together.
another underated player is rana from pakistan, he played awesome out here when the shoab grounded express went in for tour long maintainence.

i reckon the most over rated player (and i know a whole continent of people will probably disagree with me on this) is surav ganguly. ive seen him play one decent innings at brisbane against australia but other than that he seems to choke all the time. as for captaincy he rates a long way behind the likes of ponting, vaughn, fleming and smith. another extremely poor captain is inzimam, seeing his display in australia showed he lacks all forms of leadership.

another overated - shoab - absolutly no clue watsover. no heart

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for clarification--most people in India (that I know) do not really rate Ganguly that highly as a batsman, anymore. His captaincy is very debatable. I will not try and restart that debate here (you can prune through the archives to find it) as it gets pretty ugly. As for Rana, he has the knack of picking up wickets at the cost of lots of runs. He was dropped, strangely, from the second test against India. And Khalil was brought in who has had no effect whatsoever, so far, except for a run out.

sohummisra said:
As for Rana, he has the knack of picking up wickets at the cost of lots of runs. He was dropped, strangely, from the second test against India.
Dude, enough people have pointed out so far that Rana was INJURED and not available for selection in the second test.

Under-rated - Hoggard, Ntini, Sarwan, AB de Villiers, Kaneria, Sami

Over-rated - G.Smith, Ganguly, Shoaib, Lee

Most over-rated players:
1.VVS Laxman
So what if he can play against the aussies........If ha cant play against anyone else then he's not good enough to be in their team!!!!Althought the sam could be said for Vaughany, He's a kickass captain so that excuses him.

2. Shoab akthar
Oh my god..........how crap is he. So what if he can bowl 100mph, He doesnt like playin it seems to me, Faking injuries and whatnot..........apart from that he's a f uckin cheat.

3. Stephen Harmison
He bowled well for a while then lost it cos he's lazy.....almost cost england the test series against south africa and he DID cost us the ODI series. He should have been practicing during his break but was too busy at home. Fair enough he wants to spend time with his family, but he gets paid by england to do a job. If he doesnt like it he doesnt have to do it................ but he can forget about playing for england again

Most under-rated players:
1. Heath Streak
If only he was born in a different playing nation I'm sure he would have been a great bowler (even though he is a good bowler at the moment). If he didnt have to carry the whole of the zimbabweian attack he could then concentrate in shorter, more testing spells of bowling and that would make him a much better bowler. As it is however, zimbabwe just dont have the controll at the other end to allow him to be aggressive and pitch the ball right up. So he ends up bowling back of a length........and at his pace that isn't going to get wickets.

Stephen Flemming
Just doesn't get the credit he deserves!

Dravid
Just doesn't get the credit he deserves! (When, im my opinon he's better than Tendulkar.)

ZoraxDoom said:
I could say that Steve Waugh overatted cause I didn't like him:p.....

but then you'd be an idiot :D

Users who are viewing this thread