World's most Over-rated and Under-rated player!

Well I reckon Kaif is indeed over-rated.He has no consistency whatsoever.Its just 1 good innings in 10.

gold639 said:
Well I reckon Kaif is indeed over-rated.He has no consistency whatsoever.Its just 1 good innings in 10.
Mainly cause he is a batsmen in Dravid's and Azhar's mould coming in at no.7 in the last ten overs. You can't have already forgotten his 2 test 50's vs. Austrailia(in the same series)? He was probably the most, if not only, cosistent batsmen in the India team during 2004. To top that off, he is a magnificent fielder. I rate him underrated, deserves more chances up the order in ODIs and more appearences in the test team.

ronny_kingsley said:
Then how come Murlitharan broke their back at Lords with 17 wickets ???

Huh!? What series was this because Muralitharan didn't even play at Lords in their last tour to England! We've never professed to be great players of spin bowling anyway.

ronny_kingsley said:
Then how come they never win a series against India ??????

I guess this is sarcasm, because in 1990 and 1996 we won 1-0 in both series and the 2002 series 1-1

ronny_kingsley said:
Then how come they were Warney's bunny right through 1990's to even now ???????

Warne's a top class performer, who would be in any side.

ronny_kingsley said:
Someone might say that the team has changed from then on but hey guys team has changed for bad as far as batting is concerned.

None can replace in England Atherton, Stewart,Gooch,Gatting etc.

How can you say it has changed for the worse, did the team with Gatting, Stewart, Gooch and Atherton achieve what the current team has?

ronny_kingsley said:
As far as Lara and overstatment is concerned I still agreewith my earlier statement.

If Lara would have scored evn 40 runs and Windies would have won I would have called him gr8 but whats the use of that 400 where u team cant think of winning.It was his sheer greediness that costed them match. They could have won it provided Lara would have declared earlier.

If Lara is really that gr8 a batsman why the hell does Windies keep on loosing ????

Any answers dude

So just because of one innings and one match where he broke the world record AGAIN, he's over-rated?! Now, somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but how can you be over-rated when you've done that?

Like someone said, the West Indies side, other than Lara, Sarwan, Chanderpaul and Gayle (for tests) they are very, very average, you can't win unless you've got good bowlers, thats something the West Indies severely lack.

Kaif in the same league as Herchelle Gibbs? Can Kaif dominate an attack, can Kaif smash runs for fun whenever he feels like it?

Silly Silly Stevie either u have lost it or u never had that.

Whatever be the case :

Murlitharan did that in what I think 97 One off Test series

I told series win in India

If Warney is such a good performer what happens against India

This English team hasnt achieved much either dude.Series win against WI,NZ and SA cant be too big a achievement.Also beating NZ in NZ would have been creditable.

Ok in ur next post compare present batsman with my picked ones

Kaif was compared in fielding department .I hope every one else would have realised that

Lara costed WI a test match and that will remain a fact.

i haven't been following this discussion very keenly but

Kaif cannot be said to be overrated even if its a matter of opinion...he is as good as 40-50 runs in every match he plays...and even with failures he is not so consistent that the figure can be put to 9 failures in 10 matches...

Lara may have costed WI a test match but one cannot stop thinking about the innumerable occassions he has saved or won a test for them...

sachinisgod said:
i haven't been following this discussion very keenly but

Kaif cannot be said to be overrated even if its a matter of opinion...he is as good as 40-50 runs in every match he plays...and even with failures he is not so consistent that the figure can be put to 9 failures in 10 matches...

Lara may have costed WI a test match but one cannot stop thinking about the innumerable occassions he has saved or won a test for them...
Test average of 24, ODI of 32. Absolutely magnificent stuff..........

And Lara wins test matches because he's a very good batsman, he cost them one because he's a selfish prick and puts himself before the team on occasions

As much I personally dislike Lara as a batsman he is certainly one player who would be in my World XI. He may have been selfish, but that doesn't mean he is over-rated. And he has certainly saved or won significantly more tests than he has lost for the West Indies.

Shane Warne or Murali? You can't compare them, they are two very different bowlers. I would suggest though that only India have yet to be dominated by Warne, can the same be said about Murali against all countries?

Murali and Warne can't both be in a World XI, so I would lean slightly to Warne...only slightly mind you. Both are definetly NOT over-rated.

Anyway, here's my list of over-rated players...Fleming, Ganguly and Akhtar.
And my list of under-rated players...Afridi, Vaas and Vettori.

ronny_kingsley said:
Murlitharan did that in what I think 97 One off Test series
1998 not 1997. And at the Oval, not Lord's. And 16 wickets, not 17. Usuall helps to get your facts straight.

ronny_kingsley said:
I told series win in India
errr..... you said

ronny_kingsley said:
Then how come they never win a series against India ??????
That says against India, not in India.

ronny_kingsley said:
Silly Silly Stevie either u have lost it or u never had that.

Lara costed WI a test match and that will remain a fact.

ermmm if he hadnt have got the 400 they would have lost FACT

SteveG said:
Anyway, here's my list of over-rated players...Fleming, Ganguly and Akhtar.
And my list of under-rated players...Afridi, Vaas and Vettori.
Fleming overrated????? :mad
I am not starting this again......

brad352 said:
And Lara wins test matches because he's a very good batsman, he cost them one because he's a selfish prick and puts himself before the team on occasions
Dude.....winning that test was maybe as useless as parking tickets to a judge :p They lost the series so might as well go for the record.
brad352 said:
Test average of 24, ODI of 32. Absolutely magnificent stuff..........
Stats don't tell the whole stories....his test average was below 10(if I remember correctly-andrew?) and it is up to 24...pretty g0ood rise, and his OD average is due to, once again, coming in at no.7 to slog in the last 10 overs-which is hard for a young man like him who is in a Azhar-Droved mould. To top this off-he is run out half the time :p , which doesn't make him a bad batsmen(a risky runner more likely)

Well that says that he throws his wicket away, at a time when he has a good chance to play the Bevan role, stacking on the ones and twos and picking gaps as he bats out the innings.

Users who are viewing this thread