Is It this hard for newbie to survive here in Cricket League.....

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Hi All,

I first Joined this forum for DonBradman Cricket'14 updates and stuff.. I have already mentioned here that I was playing the the pirated version of the game at my friends place. Getting inspired by the game and the download contents here, I bought the game and registered here has a original buyer. This is how my journey in Planetcricket began.

I was stunned by the works done by the staff members and members around here.. Mainly in Cricket league and wanted to become a part of this community. I checked for many open leagues but found most of them are on going... at last found a league (Don't want to mention the creators name ) and signed-up for it has the second person.

That league had 6 teams and when the final managers where announced there was only 7 signups (including me being the second). The managers were announced just to see that I dint get any team but all other posted after me got a team (all well know players). The funny part is when asked about this the reply I got what that it was not first come first serve and it was a Random number generator(RNG) and it dint pick me, well I guess RNG knew that I was a newbie and rejected me..

Well I dint give up there.. I went did my research came up with few ideas and presented a league for my own to find out that no one is ready to signup, and planetcricket have a strict rule in promoting I believe because when I invited one staff member I got warned for it.. Well to be frank and true I am thankful for him because he was kind to just warn me and not Ban me (well first time my newbie card did the trick)..

So I am not crying or complaining on anyone I just want to know if its really hard for a newbie to survive her even when he is active from the date he joins?

Regards,
NaviN (Poor Newbie:p)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, well though your story is quite interesting it should have been posted in Cricket Games Stories.The idea you choose to start a league is not an idea which is to be thought by newbie in this forums. People are not signing up in your league as your league is based on auction of players using vCash. Firstly, you have to join some leagues and show that you are active in this section. This helps the league admins to recognize you and allot you a team.

I have been here since 1 year and at the begining ,the same has happened with me. I have tried so hard to get myself recognized and now I am an active member in this league section. You are still too young:p and this is an regular base to a newbie.

So wait,wait and wait. You will surely be happy with what you will be in the future...;)

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
if you really want to manage a team than, you can join my league WWC... It is about women's cricket... to understand cricket league section read this guide which may help you...

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just hang in there. You'll certainly get an opportunity in someone's league at some point of time, and it'll slowly get better from there.

As for your own league, I would advise you to keep vcash out of it. Not too many people are likely to spend their virtual money on a league when they aren't properly acquainted with the league manager. Keeping it simple is likely to help you fetch more managers.

and planetcricket have a strict rule in promoting I believe because when I invited one staff member I got warned for it.. Well to be frank and true I am thankful for him because he was kind to just warn me and not Ban me (well first time my newbie card did the trick)..

We don't have a problem with people promoting their league/download threads. We just don't approve of them doing so by way of posting on others' profiles, private conversations or tagging.

Putting a link of your thread via signature as you've already done is a far better alternative. Look at my out-dated signature, and you'll get a fair idea of how it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread