Do you find the word monkey offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • It matters how its used

Votes: 38 44.2%

• Total voters
In many cultures (such as in China) if we used the word 'monkey' to describe someone it would just mean they are an idiot or stupid. Obviously due to cultural differences it can be interpreted differently, and taken offence to.

i don't think monkey is offensive

i cant believe people these days take everything so seriously

but i really wanted harbhajan to be banned :P

Did anyone watch sky news on foxtel today? They reported that Sharma said something really bad after Symonds was given not out. They didn't say what the word was though. Did anyone watch it and do you think you know what he said?
Indeed he did. I had posted it at the time in the India-Australia thread. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with sisters and copulating, which combine for a fairly harsh yet common abuse if you can use a bit of your imagination.

I have kept out of this thread for a bit but the word monkey is, without a doubt, offensive to black people. I think that Harbhajan knew this when (I believe) he said it, what I believe he did not know is the significence of the word toward black people and the great magnitude of insult it carries.

I have little 'play racism' with my friend when I put on African accents and all, it is all very amusing but I would not even think of using the word monkey (nor would anyone) because of just how bad it is.

Finally, an Indian on these forums who is using un-biased sense. I salute you Manee, but then remove the salute for the argument causing Avatar.

:p

yes, people need some big knowledge.

No offence but manee, good avatar :p..

Manee, I'm Aussie and I think your avy is a corker. It's funny! I don't put much thought to any hatred behind it, it's just the current joke eh!

Have any of you guys seen that documentary 'an aussie goes bolly'? THe footage of the crowd behavior in that is pretty amazing - it is probably the most hateful crowd I have ever witnessed and they were certainly using the word monkey with the view of offending. As it has come to light this isn't the first time Harbhajan called Symonds a MOnkey and would most definately of been aware it was offensive on a racial basis, the fact he has said it again made Proctor's decison very straight forward. It is ridiculous that it is somehow being justified because it isn't offensive to indians, that is a daft display of ignorance, cause that is like saying that me being called a black c... isn't offensive - really, it's the same thing.

In many cultures (such as in China) if we used the word 'monkey' to describe someone it would just mean they are an idiot or stupid. Obviously due to cultural differences it can be interpreted differently, and taken offence to.

Same in India as well.

Yeh, God of * . Jai Hanuman :hpraise

Where i got wild is they're morphing humans facing with our gods..

okay, "Symonds is divine", The news papers said. but, if he really is divine, he should tear his chest out and show lords in his heart, which he(Symonds) would die when he does that. Only, god Hanuman can do that.

Think into yourselves, will you accept your god's face morphed with some other player which you hate most?

BTW, The Word "Monkey" is offensive?, They are creatures ,man. They live like all Other creatures on this Planet. What happened when McGrath said To Jayasuriya "A Black Monkey"?, World didn't stop. Australians really didn't see themselves getting into trouble.

when Harbhajan(Assume) said Symonds "Just A Monkey", The War started?, Non-sense.:mad:.

But, i stand miles back when it comes to naming players with creatures.

Users who are viewing this thread