Is there DLC planned

Would you pay for DLC for DB14

• Yes, Bring on more stuff

Votes: 78 75.7%
  • No way, I already spent my cash

Votes: 25 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is there any way to get 'proper' bat manufacturers ie.

- Kookaburra
- Gray Nicholls
- GM
- Sahara, etc

Same for pads, gear, etc.

I'm specifically after the Kookaburra Kahuna Pro or Firebird.

Probably a licensing issue: Big Ant would have to pay to use Kookaburra's copyrighted images. Big Ant might be able to sell the idea to Kookaburra (as an example) as a product placement - but what about the other manufacturers?

It's a nice idea that's probably easiest sorted with providing tools for players to design their own gear logos and drop them on as stickers. Which is work for the developers, and then support costs if/when things don't work quite the way they should.

I imagine any DLC content will include updated kits and graphic items, as they're easy to implement. I think you're dreaming if you think you're going to get a stadium editor.

Probably a licensing issue: Big Ant would have to pay to use Kookaburra's copyrighted images. Big Ant might be able to sell the idea to Kookaburra (as an example) as a product placement - but what about the other manufacturers?

yeah but if we've been able to 'circumvent' the need for player licensing through the cricket academy, why can't we do it for bats/pads/etc as well?

Also, is there any word on when/if BA will reproduce any more cricket grounds? It kinda kills the moment when I'm playing for Warwickshire vs Derbyshire...at the Don Bradman oval (Bowral, NSW!) or Adelaide gardens or whatever. Even if you just have to change the name of the ground (the grounds itself I don't care about ie. what they look like).

yeah but if we've been able to 'circumvent' the need for player licensing through the cricket academy, why can't we do it for bats/pads/etc as well?

For the same reasons you buy a copy of the game instead of boosting it?

Also, is there any word on when/if BA will reproduce any more cricket grounds? It kinda kills the moment when I'm playing for Warwickshire vs Derbyshire...at the Don Bradman oval (Bowral, NSW!) or Adelaide gardens or whatever. Even if you just have to change the name of the ground (the grounds itself I don't care about ie. what they look like).

If you'd read my second paragraph, I suggested just that - and the cons from a developer's point of view.

In terms of grounds, I just want to play every match at the ground with the white picket fence around it. That's a beautiful ground, reminds me of the Basin Reserve :)

If you'd read my second paragraph, I suggested just that - and the cons from a developer's point of view.

In terms of grounds, I just want to play every match at the ground with the white picket fence around it. That's a beautiful ground, reminds me of the Basin Reserve :)

ah ok, got you. I know its the 'little things' but sometimes its the little things that actually make a game. Having Kookaburra pads and bat or even Gray Nicholls is a must.

Agree re bradman oval. It has the traditional cricket feel for me...esp with little or no spectators. As I said, I don't really care what ground it is...just that I'm playing on a ground...however when it actually tells me I'm playing at Bradman oval in an english county match, it kinda kills it.

To be honest, if DLC could fund the business to keep producing more patches, games in the series and bring the AI up to standard I'd pay for "coloured stitching on the inside of the Velcro on Dutch players armguards" DLC.

At this point in time the focus really needs to move to how they handle patch 2.

Absolutely agree. How about fixing the fundamental gameplay issues first!

I haven't played the game for a few weeks now as I don't find it enjoyable when bowling against the ai in career mode and having three quarters of the team caught at mid on!

Hopefully patch2 fixes a lot of these issues as i was really expecting a little more around gameplay from this game!

A stadium and a graphics maker to design adverts would be great. I would love to see fun, premade stadiums such as a beach. The crowd could use some spicing up, such as steelpans and drums in the Caribbean.

It always makes me chuckle when people just say "get the license".

I don't remember the exact number, but there were at least 50 licensing agreements in place for IC10. At *least*.

That's 50 contracts to negotiate, 50 relationships to manage, 50 approvals processes (for everything you do with their IP)... It's a full time job for a dedicated team of people for the entire course of development.

It always makes me chuckle when people just say "get the license".

I don't remember the exact number, but there were at least 50 licensing agreements in place for IC10. At *least*.

That's 50 contracts to negotiate, 50 relationships to manage, 50 approvals processes (for everything you do with their IP)... It's a full time job for a dedicated team of people for the entire course of development.

Mmmm, I was hoping I could just walk in to my local council offices and get one....seemed to work for the dog okay.

Users who are viewing this thread