Is there DLC planned

Would you pay for DLC for DB14

• Yes, Bring on more stuff

Votes: 78 75.7%
  • No way, I already spent my cash

Votes: 25 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'd like DLC where there's a mode where i can bowl 175mph beamers at Giles Clarke's head, and if i manage to knock his head clean off i go straight to top of the leaderboards on all consoles, even those i don't own, and Chunnster's account is reset to zero.

i would pay upwards of $1.20 for that.

Everyone knows that official licensed games are always better - like Ashes Cricket 13.

bigant's RLL2 which contains 100 licensed items and besides licenses its an awesome game.

----------

It always makes me chuckle when people just say "get the license".

I don't remember the exact number, but there were at least 50 licensing agreements in place for IC10. At *least*.

That's 50 contracts to negotiate, 50 relationships to manage, 50 approvals processes (for everything you do with their IP)... It's a full time job for a dedicated team of people for the entire course of development.

why its difficult for game developers to get licenses for cricket games?

why its difficult for game developers to get licenses for cricket games?

It's not "difficult". But as I say it's very labour intensive. Each and every license has to be negotiated, signed, approved etc etc. I say, in IC10 we were up to over 50 different items (cricket organisations, stadiums, equipment manufacturers, commentators, Hawkeye, music... AND SO ON). We had a whole team of licensing people on it full time for about 6 months.

Football has an entire organisation who manage the rights to huge numbers of different organisations, so ONE deal can get you permission to use huge amounts of their IP, and they have teams of people who organise everything. So you only have to deal with one umbrella organisation.

Its a shame you didn't put the same effort into getting the online to work.

Buddum tish!

Goodness only knows what happened with that. No problems picked up in testing, none in previous versions, no problems picked up by the platform holders. But from the (very) few people that actually attempted to play it online, quite a few had problems with it: it did seem like something went wrong somewhere.

Buddum tish!

Goodness only knows what happened with that. No problems picked up in testing, none in previous versions, no problems picked up by the platform holders. But from the (very) few people that actually attempted to play it online, quite a few had problems with it: it did seem like something went wrong somewhere.

Of course it would be very off topic and irrelevant to all current discussions to then post the question: if it was broken why did no one bother fixing it?;)
But as I said I am glad I didnt post it.

Of course it would be very off topic and irrelevant to all current discussions to then post the question: if it was broken why did no one bother fixing it?;)
But as I said I am glad I didnt post it.

Because, I imagine, no-one knew it was broken. Otherwise I'm sure they would have fixed it. And it's not entirely off-topic, given the problems some have reported with DBC online (and a huge number of other games).

It's such a difference when you have a test team of 20 in a limited selection of locations, and then suddenly a public of 200,000 worldwide: things get discovered that were previously not seen.

That's why it's so encouraging to see developers that are committed to ongoing support of the product. Unprecedented in Cricket games.

There is no planned DLC, the only thing I can think of that would fit the bill would be stadia, otherwise you can create the stuff yourself.

That, and maybe some scenario's as a pack? (I saw that idea on here, liked it.)

^this and also world cup in career if possible:yes

Would probably have to be called a World Championship, or International Championship or something else, but would be nice.

Love the scenarios and stadia idea. Maybe someone should put up a poll and people could say which they'd like or both if something did go ahead?

There is no planned DLC, the only thing I can think of that would fit the bill would be stadia, otherwise you can create the stuff yourself.

Let us create scenarios in the academy and we're sorted

Ross, why just "some scenarios"? Can't you add "Create a Scenario" feature as a DLC where we can create our own scenarios - real or hypothetical - without limiting us to a fixed no. of scenarios? Hopefully something similar to the feature mentioned in the following post...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ion-big-ant-cricket-86991-28.html#post2751062

Let us create scenarios in the academy and we're sorted

"Create a scenario" is tough to do as a paid DLC, unless you make it so that only people with the "create a scenario" DLC can play other people's scenarios.

It's the kind of thing that feels like a core part of a game, and having it being an additional expense could cause some customer complaint issues.

Having "can't use _this_ unless you've bought _that_" stuff can also create issues for on-line multiplayer. While I'm not at all interested in on-line multiplayer (and resent some of the UI decisions that have been made purely to cater to on-line gaming), it's clearly something that's important to BAS.

I'd love some more stadiums, but.

Users who are viewing this thread