It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

I just wanted to add that don't forget about cracks in the pitch which will also allow for sharp unexpected turn (more than the max turn you can normally get). Will also put in an allowance for 'extremely rare hardcore turn' which you'd only be able to get once in a blue moon - based on stats and randomness. In fact you would need to have a stat level over a certain number to evven be eligible for this to happen. An example of this situation would be Warney (hugely high stats for legspin) bowling 'that ball' to Gatting :yes

That is some nice realistic additions to the already brilliant bowling platform. I just keep wondering how you guys get such a perfect way to simulate real life spin bowling. This is a very innovative method to reduce the distance between realistic bowling and the bowling in games. Congrats to who ever came with this idea for bowling.:cheers

I hope stats will determine everything in the game so that every other leg spinner is not able turn like Warne and so on.

sabr ka phal mitha hota hai. :p

btw, can anyone make the new adidas bat of tendulkar ??

lol, Isnt that an urdu idiom?
I can try!

----------

Thanks a lot. i've put my blood, sweat and tears into those anims. i actually despise doing them.....but seeing all the responses so far has made brush aside all the hardships. :)

Dhaag tou achay hotain hai (surf Excel's slogan in pak).
:D

Keep up the good work!:thumbs

One thing, Warne looks realistic but Lee looks as if he is flying in the air. Please improve that. Plus, I was watching an old match and I notcied that Rana Naved ul Hasan's and Zaheer Khan's bowling action is more or less the same. So one action can be made for both.

I can help making faces for the game. :)

You can see my work for Cricket 07 here.

@appu: Really a great model of the pads...Specially the latter ones.
Great work on detailing but try to reduce down the polycount.i would say that the polycount should be somewhere near 200.More than this will make model unstable...

Good luck mate...Impressive work there ;)

I consider bowling more as an art rather than batting in cricket and I loves how a good ball beats the batsman in this game just like real. I hope the current scenario of ball beats the bat won't be considerably reduced once the footworks are implemented.

I can help making faces for the game. :)

You can see my work for Cricket 07 here.

Nice! Can you have a go using our template? Would love to see a proper face done... :thumbs

I consider bowling more as an art rather than batting in cricket and I loves how a good ball beats the batsman in this game just like real. I hope the current scenario of ball beats the bat won't be considerably reduced once the footworks are implemented.

Aye, definitely agree....One thing I'm really happy about what we have so far is how fun the bowling is. Every other cricket game to date I've hated bowling as it always seemed like a chore, a vehicle for the batting. But this game makes me want to bowl and try stuff, because it may just work if I spin it this little bit here... ;)

Aye, definitely agree....One thing I'm really happy about what we have so far is how fun the bowling is. Every other cricket game to date I've hated bowling as it always seemed like a chore, a vehicle for the batting. But this game makes me want to bowl and try stuff, because it may just work if I spin it this little bit here... ;)

I may be exaggerating here, but I think spin bowling in this game can be considered as a very good how to guide for spin excluding the grips in real life.:yes

whats your laptop specs ?

It's a Dell Inspiron 8600.

Intel Pentium M Processor 1.60 GHz
DirectX 9.0c
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Not sure about graphics card.

It was able to play CR very smoothly on low graphics settings (very similar to high graphics settings). It's a bit slower now than before though as I really can't be bothered opening up the laptop to get rid of the lint in there that must be slowing it down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Works on my netbook - Atom 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, Intel GMA 3150, Windows 7. Lags in the high graphics mode, but works fine when lowered down a bit and still looks pretty good.

I find it okay with the trackpad too.

Very happy with the level of variation, as mentioned, no shot is the same and you get a realistic bunching of shots. As noted, there's a bit of an issue with the ball's momentum after hitting the pads/stumps, but that's probably an easy thing to solve.

Getting a bit better at timing now, but the bounce is a bit unpredictable, making it a bit harder. Still haven't managed to play a cut shot though.

Graphics are good, obviously they aren't Ashes Cricket level, but they are defo better than Cricket Revolution and don't have the Rugby style models that Cricket 07 has - so manages to look a lot nicer. I don't really like the look of the grass, there's something a bit unnatural about how it looks - dunno if that's just needing a better texture or a different way of modelling the turf.

Out of interest, how does the bowling bar work with no balls when they get implemented? Just avoiding the top of the red zone, and if so, could that be also stats based, so that someone who is known for more line and length bowling has less likelihood of bowling no-balls (perhaps by just dropping the power back down on some no balls).

Overall, a really good start, feels very natural in gameplay. Would really like gamepad support, analogue controls would make batting much simpler (with the mouse control it doesn't have a natural centre, perhaps there should be a dot on the screen showing the position of the mouse at all times to help make the position of the batting arrow more expected).

I know its more of a feature request but can we can we have a timing meter for the batsman? I mean, currently when I miss or mistime a ball there is no way (apart from my intuition) to know whether it was a wrong shot selection or did i hit too early or too late.

What do you guys think?

Out of interest, how does the bowling bar work with no balls when they get implemented? Just avoiding the top of the red zone, and if so, could that be also stats based, so that someone who is known for more line and length bowling has less likelihood of bowling no-balls (perhaps by just dropping the power back down on some no balls).
Personally I am against it.Do you bowl no bowls when you try to bowl faster?Obviously no.I would better like some different way for no balls.

just read it! some very good suggestions....
and steyn and bhajji are both a part of the list! :D

If you need any quick feedback with the bowling actions, do not hesitate to PM me either. I'm on Easter Holidays from University atm and would love to be a help. Do you think my suggestion to slightly vary actions is a good one? I think it would look silly if a RM bowler had Brett Lee's action but it could look good and save time if he had Brett Lee's action, slowed down a bit and off a shorter run up and perhaps with a slightly different follow through.

My brother's suggestion is different. He suggests having different bowling actions depending on the style of the bowler. So, have a front on action for RF/RFM bowlers, a side on action and Brett Lee as the midway action as well as a slinger action. Then, you have a part timers action for RM and RMF bowlers, which would perhaps be Hansie Cronje or Robin Singh's action, he suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread