It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

Dale Steyn would be great but a left armer(Zaheer? Johnson?) would definitely add another dimension to the alpha alltogether.

What about the guy with most beautiful left arm action ever, Wasim Akram.

What about the guy with most beautiful left arm action ever, Wasim Akram.

That's more of a wish list item. Where in, both Zaheer and Johnson can be used in their respective teams also.

I just tested fastest mode on my computer(about 600 fps) out of curiosity and ball is turning like crazy. In my desktop where I got 85 fps the ball turned a little more than my laptop where I got 60 fps. So currently the amount of turn is directly proportional to the no of fps.

I am on a Mac too but I don't think it would work too well on Parallels or VMWare! Currently, I play it on my Windows install on bootcamp!

Would be excited if there are plans for a release for the Mac too :D

Count me in for a Mac release. I'm currently running it on boot camp Windows 7 as well, a Mac release would be brilliant.
And then an iPhone version. And then an iPad version...maybe that's a bit much :p
I'll happily test a Mac release though :D

Okay, after play the game a fari bit, i guess i should post my views too. Controls were easy to pick up yet i used xpadder to map every key :p
Animations are fantastic. Good job JK. :thumbs Best anim was the straight drive. I knew who inspired you for this particular staraight drive animation. Its a trademark shot. ;) Brett Lee's action is perfect too.

Graphics are nice. They could be better in next version as LM said but as long as they get the gameplay right, i'll be happy with the current graphics too.

Physics is what makes or breaks a sports game. You can have all the eye candy and licenses in the world but a crap physics would putt of the gamers. Ball physics for pace bowlers is right on the money. Swing is realistic. I like the way yorkers swing in late. Nice touch. IMO for spin bowlers there is still some work to do. Ball bounces a bit too much for them and we all are familiar with the framerate but where the amount of turn is proportional to the FPS. I know they'll sort this out in final version so i'm not worried by this. Another thing they need to work on is differentiate between soft contact(body/pad) and hard contact(Helmet,Bat). If a ball get a hard contact i.e with the bat or helmet, it should travel more. And if it hits on body or pad it shouldn't move a lot. At the moment the ball is having hard contact with everything. So the balls which are supposed to hit the pad and die on the crease are racing as far as the 30 yard circle. This is unrealistic. So please jk and LM sort this out. :noway
Apart from this the physics looks solid. Actual shots travel proportionate distance with timing. :clap
Sound is good. While we are talking about this, I'd like to ask one question to both JK and LM.
Does the game differentiate between pad-bat and bat pad? If it does then you'd need to use separate sounds for them as both sound very different. And ball reaction should be different too.

Overall Brilliant effort guys. This is a lot better than i expected :p. I knoa a lot can't be said about the actual game because this is a alpha but they have got the foundation right. Once they finalize the core elements, they can just build the game around it. Before i finish of another question guys. Which part of game are you focusing at the moment? Youo can leave the AI for the last so that you can release a co-op version first and then add the AI via a patch when it is ready.

Score : 9/10

P.S: Don't sell this game to EA or Codies before releasing here :p

Meet : @appu-You need to work on puma pad model:D
Check out the following link:
Puma Batting Pads - Puma Iridium 6000 - Flextech - Right Hand - Batting Pad - White/Blue/Orange

----------

Just go through that side to get a view of more pads.....

Thanks for the link mate...

I tried a basic batting pad model which will suit major batting pads.
Worked on this model from scratch for 4 hours straight.
All due to addiction of this game (alpha 0.1).
First tried gray-nicolls legend in that model... Have a look guys..
attachment.php

attachment.php

Its High poly.. but can be reduced as needed...

Attachments

• Gary-Nicolls Legend Pad.jpg
    Gary-Nicolls Legend Pad.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Gary-Nicolls Legend Pad Colored.jpg
    Gary-Nicolls Legend Pad Colored.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Brilliant stuff that Appu.

Also I'm having a hard time, am not even to connect the ball with the bat. Hardly 2 out 10 times, poor player.

Hey Bug Encountered.

I hit a straight shot and hit the stumps and the game went slow from there on!! around 1 frame per second :facepalm

Few negatives that I'd like to point out - I tried bowling bouncers a few times but it didn't work. The batsmen was not hit by the bouncer, it just missed the batsmen. Also, If possible, can a spinner turn the bowl a little more?

batsman's body collision was not enabled for this release. It is done, but needed further testing.

It depends on the angle, man. If you bowl from around the stump with Warne the ball will turn big time for a leg break and if you bowl from over the stump the wrong one will turn big time. The amount of air time given to the ball also affect the turn just like real cricket.A lot of possibilities are there in the bowling mechanism and that's the beauty of this game.

^This - made my day. So great to hear someone appreciate that ;) 100% correct. Over or around the wicket will create such an angle that affects the amount of turn you get - as it should in real life. This also goes for bowler heights - taller bowlers will get more bounce because the ball's being delivered from a higher initial height.

I just tested fastest mode on my computer(about 600 fps) out of curiosity and ball is turning like crazy. In my desktop where I got 85 fps the ball turned a little more than my laptop where I got 60 fps. So currently the amount of turn is directly proportional to the no of fps.

Thanks. Yes, this one is well documented. Fairly easy fix from my end.

Another thing they need to work on is differentiate between soft contact(body/pad) and hard contact(Helmet,Bat). If a ball get a hard contact i.e with the bat or helmet, it should travel more. And if it hits on body or pad it shouldn't move a lot. At the moment the ball is having hard contact with everything. So the balls which are supposed to hit the pad and die on the crease are racing as far as the 30 yard circle. This is unrealistic. So please jk and LM sort this out. :noway

Does the game differentiate between pad-bat and bat pad? If it does then you'd need to use separate sounds for them as both sound very different. And ball reaction should be different too.

The pads/body collision properties will be resolved in 0.2 - confirmed bug.

Thanks for the link mate...

I tried a basic batting pad model which will suit major batting pads.
Worked on this model from scratch for 4 hours straight.
Its High poly.. but can be reduced as needed...

Very very nice! How high poly are we talking? Also, don't forget they need to be 'wrapped' around the legs....

Hey Bug Encountered.

I hit a straight shot and hit the stumps and the game went slow from there on!! around 1 frame per second :facepalm

Great find! I was not able to hit the stumps at the other end yet so never experienced this one :facepalm

Consider this added to my bug list! The slow 1FPS crawl situations (the other cause is connecting a stroke whilst in free cam mode) is due to 2 cameras being operational at the same time - basically tries to render everything twice per frame! So I'm sure there's a logical explanation here...

btw, should i do a Dale Steyn & Harbhajan Singh action for the next release ?

Have you read my thoughts on bowling actions in the discussion thread. I think you might find them interesting?

when you play straight drive .. and if the ball goes goes straight four to long on/off ..when the ball is nearing to reach four .. the camera work is pathetic ..its same old pathetic C2002 .. like as if camera guy is hanging on helicopter and taking the camera work from the top of the ball .. please follow BLC99 camera work ..like shown in this video watch from 0:25 .. YouTube - D3DTNTxp 2005 07 14 04 01 49 501

Have you read my thoughts on bowling actions in the discussion thread. I think you might find them interesting?

just read it! some very good suggestions....
and steyn and bhajji are both a part of the list! :D

----------

@appu - brilliant stuff with the pads! :clap

whats the polycount at this stage ?

jkartik : @appu - brilliant stuff with the pads! :clap

whats the polycount at this stage ?

Thanks mate.. its great to hear comment from you. (One of the finest modeler i know)

The poly count is near 900 now. but i tried to reduced it to 400 and the shape still holds good. it can even be reduced if needed (by delecting unwanted polygons and refining some edges).

-pradi

It depends on the angle, man. If you bowl from around the stump with Warne the ball will turn big time for a leg break and if you bowl from over the stump the wrong one will turn big time. The amount of air time given to the ball also affect the turn just like real cricket.A lot of possibilities are there in the bowling mechanism and that's the beauty of this game.

I just wanted to add that don't forget about cracks in the pitch which will also allow for sharp unexpected turn (more than the max turn you can normally get). Will also put in an allowance for 'extremely rare hardcore turn' which you'd only be able to get once in a blue moon - based on stats and randomness. In fact you would need to have a stat level over a certain number to evven be eligible for this to happen. An example of this situation would be Warney (hugely high stats for legspin) bowling 'that ball' to Gatting :yes

Users who are viewing this thread