Jager Bombers - "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"

We're not even going to have room for Barney in our playing XI, without pissing someone off.

We already have two batting ARs and bowling ARs, which rules both of them out. We already have our main keeper, so that rules that out. That leaves a pure batsman, a pure AR, or a pure bowler.

We currently have four pure batsmen going for five spots, and four pure bowlers going for three spots, so it's going to cut down the chances quite a lot of playing in those two positions if we make him either of them. That only really leaves a pure AR, which we currently only have Dipak in that role, so shall we make him a pure AR?

Well make a lineup based on activity and who you think should be playing and then see where he fits?

Well make a lineup based on activity and who you think should be playing and then see where he fits?

Yeah.

If we make him a pure AR, then we have a back-up pure bat, bat AR, pure AR, bowl AR, and pure bowl, we only don't have a back-up keeper, so I think that makes sense.

----------

J?ger Bombers

aus.gif
bat2.png
Aussie Team
nzl.gif
bat2.png
Chewie
ned.gif
bat2.png
hedger_14
ind.gif
bat2.png
Pranav
ind.gif
bat2.png
Prats
nzl.gif
wk2.png
Iridium
aus.gif
ar2.png
Shagger
rsa.gif
ar2.png
Zohaib
ind.gif
ar2.png
Dipak
ned.gif
ar2.png
Dutchmen
eng.gif
ar2.png
The Rock?
nzl.gif
bwl2a.png
CG123
ind.gif
bwl2a.png
Haarithan
nzl.gif
bwl2a.png
riz7khan12
ind.gif
bwl2a.png
tarun87

usa.gif
.?. Barney Gumble

Code:
Aussie Team (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: las (+0)
Chewie (Batsman) - BAT: r (+6), BOWL: m (+0)
hedger_14 (Batsman) - BAT: l (+5), BOWL: ls (+0)
Pranav (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
Prats (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
Iridium (Keeper) - BAT: l (+6), BOWL: k (+0)
Shagger (Bat All) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: ls (+0)
Zohaib (Bat All) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
Dipak (Pure All) - BAT: r (+3), BOWL: ls (+3)
Dutchmen (Bowl All) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: r (+5)
The Rock? (Bowl All) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: r (+5)
CG123 (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: ls (+6)
Haarithan (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: f (+6)
riz7khan12 (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: lf (+5)
tarun87 (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: m (+5)

Barney Gumble (?) - BAT: l (+?), BOWL: lm (+?)

Any final thoughts?

Last edited:
Purely on activity, maybe:

hedger_14

Chewie
Pranav
Aussie Team
Iridium †
Dipak ^
The Rock ^
CG123 * ^
riz7khan12 ^
Haarithan ^

Now not sure who to put in the other opening slot. I remember Pranav saying he's rather bat in the middle. Zohiab would be in there as well. I could open which would free up a spot in the middle.

I like Iridium's lineup tbh. Make him a batsman? I think Matt's given everyone a bowling rating so the sixth bowler could just be a batsman?

I'm not a fan of bowlers/ARs captaining (I know it's purely fictional in this case), which is why I made you and Chewie the primary captains for the warm-up matches, with Pranav/Hedger backing up if you two were both on the same team. :p

----------

The people with a double figure post count are:

CG123
Chewie
Haarithan
Iridium
Aussie Team
hedger_14
Pranav
Dipak
riz7khan12
The Rock™
Zohaib

So that kind of sorts out our "first" line-up straight away, we just need to order them. Obviously things will change with performance and activity etc.

Then you've got Barney...

----------

What do you think Iridium on what we should make Barney?

We will play at least 12 matches (4 FC and 8 OD), so everyone who stays active is guaranteed of some decent game time. Obviously we will look to give everyone a run in our first few matches, and then we'll go from there.

A squad of 16 should work quite nicely, because it gives us options, and at the same time we should not be carrying any players who are just making up the numbers.

We need other peoples perspective on what we should make Barney as well, look at our squad balance atm (post 678), and post what player type you think we should make him. I think we are just tossing up between making him a pure batsman, or making him a pure all-rounder now.

Why dont we keep barney as a batsman/keeper. We have 5 batsmen atm and might need one extra when we're on a poor pitch

----------

and Aussie team, why dont you put some sponsors on the sleeves, i.e. the kit maker's logo and another random sponsor like fly emirates etc

It depends on if we need to play six bowlers or not. Like if we need to play six bowlers then the maximum batsmen we can play is four, of which we have five atm, so we don't really need anymore, but if we only need five bowlers like Chewie suggested, then we can play five batsmen, so it may be wise to make him a batsman.

----------

and Aussie team, why dont you put some sponsors on the sleeves, i.e. the kit maker's logo and another random sponsor like fly emirates etc

Imo it looks fine how it is, but I think Pranav's going to have a play with it anyway.

If you guys are talking about a pure pitch , then we can just stick to our 5 or so bowlers and add in a pure bat hence it will prevent us from getting a low total and collapsing

Users who are viewing this thread