Story Jake's English tour to Australia

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry guys. I have been really busy (and inactive) lately and not had any time for this. I might have to abandon the tour. I will keep you posted.

Spinksy

School Cricketer
It's ok Jake. Take your time. I am sure that there is no sudden urge for a match to be played. Also, if It is alright with the staff here on Planet Cricket may I ask if I can do the exact same as what Jakester1288 is doing but not enter it into the story competition as that would just be unfair to him and to many other members here. I'll do it just so I can fill in the time while Jakester1288 is away so he isn't rushing the series. That's all.

gutterman

International Cricketer
good luck with it hope it goes well from here on mate kutgw

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I'm thinking of starting again and setting it to 5 star to give it a sense of realism. Thoughts?

And, what is kutgw?

Spinksy

School Cricketer
It's ok Jake. Take your time. I am sure that there is no sudden urge for a match to be played. Also, if It is alright with the staff here on Planet Cricket may I ask if I can do the exact same as what Jakester1288 is doing but not enter it into the story competition as that would just be unfair to him and to many other members here. I'll do it just so I can fill in the time while Jakester1288 is away so he isn't rushing the series. That's all.

So can I? I am anxious to start but don't want to get into trouble for copying Jakester1288. So I have decided to wait until I am granted my permission....... *waits*

Make your own story by any means, but not my one. Make an Australia v whoever or whatever you want, but not England going to Australia with my descriptions.

meant my own Ashes tour. I do not wish to make a story however.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
So can I? I am anxious to start but don't want to get into trouble for copying Jakester1288. So I have decided to wait until I am granted my permission....... *waits*

Make your own story by any means, but not my one. Make an Australia v whoever or whatever you want, but not England going to Australia with my descriptions.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I'm re-starting, the whole series, on 5 star to make it more realistic.

First test starting shortly.

Jakester1288 added 18 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

First test, live from the Gabba!

Jake McDonald: Hello and welcome to the Gabba, where Australia and England, the old rivals are continuing their battles and another great contest should unfold over the next 5 days.

Nathan Spinks with the pitch report: Great pitch for batting here, Hard pitch, sunny day, dry outfield and very hot weather. I'd be batting first if I won this toss.

The team sheets are in. They are as follows:

Australia:
1. M. Hayden
2. P. Jaques
3. R. Ponting (c)
4. M. Hussey
5. M. Clarke
6. A. Symonds
7. B. Haddin (wk)
8. N. Hauritz
9. B. Lee
10. S. Clark
11. B. Hilfenhaus

England:
1. A. Strauss
2. M. Trescothic
3. M. Vaughan (c)
4. I. Bell
5. K. Pietersen
6. A. Flintoff
7. G. Jones
8. A. Giles
9. L. Plunkett
10. M. Hoggard
11. S. Harmison

Toss: Australia have won the toss and have elected to bat. They will be looking for a positive start and set the mood for the tour. I'm Jake McDonald and I'm your commentator here to take you through the first day.

Jakester1288 added 6 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Wow, what a start to a test match! Harmison's first 2 balls were no balls, the second of which was dropped by second slip of Matthew Hayden. If that was not enough, the second legal delivery was dropped by first slip. 2 balls later Hayden was hit on the body again and picked up 2 runs to fine leg.

Harmison proving he is one of the most intimidating bowlers in world cricket, and Hayden is lucky to be alive let alone still at the crease!

0/4 off 1 over
Hayden 0*
Jaques 0*

Jakester1288 added 24 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Jake McDonald: Lovely start to the test match for Australia. Apart from the shakey first over, it's been great batting, and Australia have forced their way to 0/42 after 10 overs. Hayden is 16* and Jaques 14*, and a solid foundation has been built. If Australia can build on this, they can post 400+ and bat England out of the match and set the tone for the series.

Nathan Spinks: An interesting fact here, every single run that has come of the bat has been to the leg side. The pom's bowlers are putting it on the batsmens legs more often then not, and are being punished for it.

There have also been 12 extras in the first 10 overs of play. England need to lift their bowling performance if they are any chance of winning this test match.

Jakester1288 added 8 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

10.5 - Harmison to Jaques - No ball - Jaques goes for the slog over cover and gets caught at point. Shame it was another no ball.

Jakester1288 added 48 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

17.5 - Plunkett to Hayden - OUT! Plunkett swings one back from off to leg and traps him in front, plum pudding there, and Australia are 1/94.

340x.jpg

Hayden trudges off the Gabba, after failing to convert his start into a big score.

Jakester1288 added 10 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

21.4 - Pluntkett to Jaques - OUT! Tossed right up there, Jaques was nearing his half century and couldn't resist. He drove, but got an outside edge to slips. Australia have has a collapse of sorts, from 0/94 to 2/119. Hussey and Ponting need to rebuild from here. Very good bowling from Plunkett as well, apart from being carted by the batsmen, he has really stepped up and dismissed both the Australian openers. He currently has figures of 4.4 - 0 - 36 - 2.

r201205_771374.jpg

Jaques snicks it through to the slips.

Jakester1288 added 11 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

24.2 - Hoggard to Ponting - OUT! Hoggard pitches it up and encourages the drive and the Australian captain sticks the bat out, and gets the edge. England have the upper hand in this match at the moment, and another quick wicket before lunch will have them in the best possible position. Australia 3/130.

img.114899_t.jpg

Ponting walking back to the pavilion.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Good update Jake, poor start from Australia and they need their middle order to score well. Nice bowling from Plunkett and from Hoggard.

Keep it up.

timmy94

Club Captain
cool mate....how the hell do u get all these edges,i bowl for 30 overs odd on C07 for ps2 and would never get an edge.KUTGW

Users who are viewing this thread