Story Jamie Heyburn's International Diary's. [ICC 06]

woodywiss sa sa

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is an ICC 06 Game and I'm not goin to be showing the Pictures/Videos of the Wickets, as In my opinion they're so poor there isn't a real advantage by putting them in. Also I have taken over Matt Prior ;)

Jamie Heyburn.
Factfile.

Played for Norfolk throughout Youth age groups from Under 11's to under 17's.
During his last season for Norfolk under 17's He made an impression against a Strong Sussex side and was quickly signed up by them.
He had previously been playing his Club Cricket for Horsford in Norfolk and was playing in the Highest East Anglian Division, the EAPL At the Tender age of 16 and 17.
He quickly gained a reputation as a Sharp stumper and a neat Glovemen, comparisons have been made with Jack Russell and Brendon McCullum, of NZ. He also displays a great range of potential.

Records
Debuts -
First Class - 2001
One Day - 2000

First Class records.
Matches - Innings - Runs - Average - 50's 100's
91 - 143 - 4981 - 38.32 - 26 - 11

One Day Record.
Matches - Innings - Runs - Average - 50's - 100's
116 - 104 - 2320 - 24.17 - 12 - 2

I was pleased with my First Class records, although I felt averaging more than 40 would garuenteed a place in the England side. I had been working hard the past 18 months, with the continuing Read, Jones Debate, I feel if I was to have a good start to this season I could sneak in a place for The Sri Lanka and Pakistan home series.

I had been preapring and working hard for this season since early January. Pre season training at Hove began in December, But I had decided to play a little while in New Zealand, for Central Districts.

When it came around to coming home, i was pleased with my 2 Months in New Zealand. Averaging 40 in First Class and 35.21 in One Day. but probably the best feeling of the trip, despite playing on some very Wet, slow, low wickets, difficult for Keeping, My performances with the Gloves had been excellent and my Keeping was coming on nicely.

I arrived back at Hove early in the morning, around 7. I took my bags and left the airport, got a Taxi back to my house. I only stayed to leave mybags, check my messages and Change into my tracksuit and Sussex polo Shirt.
I was going to hit the Gym, I'd make all the hard work pay off. Before I had even gone inside the Gym I saw Chris Adams, We went into the Cafe and had a chat about the forthcoming season, mostly about what i was aiming to do this season.

The Start of the season had been going well. I was playing nicely and my Keeping was ever bettering, quickly the time for England to pick their squads for the First test against Sri Lanka, rolled around and i was hoping to make it.
I was at Hove in the indoor nets, being Torn apart by Mushtaq when I was told I had a call waiting, it all resolved to be David Graveney and he had been impressed with the reports of my performances. I was in the 12 and was a dead cert to play. I had a chance to prove myself and I wouldn't waste it. I walked back into the indoor centre and told the lads. They were all very happy for me and congratulated me on my call up. Mushtaq especially seemed pleased for me.

mushtaq.jpg

plympilgrim

International Coach
wow looking forward to this, another diary seems like that is the fashion at the mo

woodywiss sa sa

Club Cricketer
Aye, I'm trying to make this more about the dairy rather than the games. But there will be some game involvment.

PhilD123

International Coach
woodywiss sa sa said:
Aye, I'm trying to make this more about the dairy
You gonna have cows in it then :p .

Looking forward to this Jamie, I know it will be good as I've read your Fm stories before. Nice move to be Prior.

mehkar

International Coach
Interesting to know about it waiting for it mate

woodywiss sa sa

Club Cricketer
I walked out to Practise earlier than the rest. Me and duncan were going to have a chat. I knew exactly what he wanted of me, a good level of keeping and runs things that Jones and Read had both failed to do. This also meant I had a great chance of cementing a place early on.

I went through my usual practises, some catching to get my feet moving, then some work with the slips on catching. I was quickly getting to know the boys well, Tresco was good at relaxing the Keeper, I was very nervous but he kept having a word in my ear during practise, the odd good take here and there. I was getting on best with the younger players, those of around my age. Belly and Cooky were becoming good mates of mine, we'd been out the night before, fortunatly we were all sober enough to turn down Freddie's attempt to have our names tattoo on certains parts of our bodies.

After the slips had finished, I wandered over and Harmy offered to throw a few down at me if I got my pads on. Which I duly did. Suprisingly enough the first ball was a bouncer that whizzed past my face before I could react. Fortunatly, my reacts had hightened after that first ball and I managed to get some bat on the next 5 deliveries. The next person hurling a few at me was Freddie, he looks fairly gentle in his run up but he bowls such a heavy ball, it really thuds into the Bat. After a few from Fred, Monty came and turned his arm over, I go down the pitch to him and drove a few back past him and felt good. We were all called together by Duncan and he gave us the last chat before the toss.

We Were all Sat in the changing room waiting for vaughny to return with the news. Freddie was playing with his bowling boots, and KP Was sticking a new earring in.

Users who are viewing this thread