Story JC's Graphics 4 Stories Thread: ICC Events Package Released

An ECB Overlay:

25rjsdc.jpg

England wrap up Lord's win
31 May | By Justin Goulding

mushfiqur-rahim-steven-finn-919017.jpg

England married incisiveness with the ball and ruthless efficiency with the bat as they finally saw off the challenge of Bangladesh in the opening npower Test.

Victory, by the margin of eight wickets, was wrapped up in the last over before tea on the final day, Andrew Strauss having spearheaded their rapid pursuit of 160 to win.

The captain made a fluent 82 off 88 balls and Jonathan Trott an unbeaten 36 as a modest target was overhauled in just 35 overs, giving England a triumphant start to the international summer in front of 9,200 spectators enticed to Lord?s by ?10 tickets.

It was fitting that Trott hit the winning runs - a four through square-leg - for his double century in the first innings did so much to shape this intriguing contest.

As well as he batted, though, Steven Finn?s was the name on most people?s lips today - and quite possibly for some time to come.

Playing only his third Test and his first on home soil, Finn underlined his status as England?s most potent bowler in this contest by claiming 5-87, a haul which included three key wickets in successive overs this morning and gave him nine in the match.

He helped bowl Bangladesh out for 382 just before lunch, ending their hopes of salvaging a draw, hopes that were still alive - albeit faint - when they resumed on 328 for five this morning.

As it is, Bangladesh head to Old Trafford for the second and final game of the series on Thursday on the back of a 58th defeat in 67 Tests.

ipntx5.jpg

PHP:
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/25rjsdc.jpg[/IMG]

[INDENT][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial"][B]Insert Title Here[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Arial"]Insert Date Here | Insert Author Here[/FONT][/COLOR]

INSERT PICTURE HERE

[COLOR="Dimgray"][FONT="Arial"]Insert Text here[/FONT][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/ipntx5.jpg[/IMG]

I'd suggest to have this thread transferred to Graphics forum.

It was meant to be merged with the official story resources thread but hasn't yet.

CG might do it. I said if JC wants a separate thread for his works then...

If it has to be separate then the place is Graphics forum, I think.

I don't see why this can't stand alone in this forum. Just because JC has started a thread it doesn't mean everyone will. Lots of people don't have the ability or don't want to share their own creations with anyone. For the rest of us we have the other thread but JC produces the most graphics so I don't see why he can't have his own.

He can. My only concern was what you mentioned. Others starting their own threads. That will make this place like any other then.

JC deserves his own thread if it's fine with the mods. If not then the resources thread by Giggity would be good for this. Basically it was created for this stuff only.

I would suggest a separate thread in the graphics forum.

I'm not really fussed but no one's changed anything yet, so I'll just keep posting stuff here...

Here's the Blackcaps.com overlay:

ml5mx5.jpg

Back to International News
BLACKCAPS ease to 28 run win over Sri Lanka
SUNDAY, 23 MAY, 2010

Florida-04_500.jpg

The first ever match between Test playing nations in the USA didn?t disappoint with the BLACKCAPS defending a low total beat Sri Lanka by 28 runs at Central Broward Park in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

After winning the toss and batting first, the BLACKCAPS posted a solid but unspectacular 120 for seven and then bundled out Sri Lanka in the final over for 90.

The Sri Lankan run chase suffered an early set back with Kyle Mills nicking out Mahela Jayawardene off the second ball of the innings. The tall speedster then had his second in the fifth over when Tillarakatne Dilshan played on to have the match evenly poised at 20 for two.

A 28 run partnership between Kumar Sangakkara and Anglelo Mathews followed with the pair taking the score through to 48 before Daniel Vettori induced a false shot from Sangakkara who holed out for 17.

Sri Lanka tried to consolidate but two wickets in two balls by Scott Stryis put the BLACKCAPS firmly on top with dangerman Mathews out for 27 and Chamara Kapugedera for seven to have Sri Lanka reduced to a precarious 63 for five.

Styris broke through again in the 14th over with Thissara Perera skying one to long-off to leave Sri Lanka requiring 51 off the final five overs.

They suffered a further set back when Brendon McCullum completed an acrobatic run-out to get rid of Nuwan Kulasekara for seven.

McCullum was in the action again four balls later, this time taking a catch behind the stumps to remove Suraj Randiv off the bowling of Andy Mckay.

The next wicket to fall was Lasith Malinga who will consider himself unlucky. Chinthaka Jayasinghe struck the ball firmly down the wicket, only to have it rebound off Tim Southee?s shin and onto the stumps with Malinga stranded outside his crease.

2d7attx.jpg

PHP:
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/ml5mx5.jpg[/IMG]

[INDENT][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][U][FONT="Arial"]Back to International News[/FONT][/U][/COLOR]
[SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial"]Insert Title Here[/FONT][/SIZE]
[COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Arial"]INSERT DATE (IN CAPITALS) HERE[/FONT][/COLOR]

INSERT PICTURE HERE

[FONT="Arial"]Insert Text Here[/FONT][/INDENT]

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2d7attx.jpg[/IMG]

Looks kinda funny because of the white background. Nothing that can be done though I suppose. The header and footer still look nice :)

I'm fine if this remains as a separate thread in the stories section.
Like others have said just because JC made a graphics thread here, it doesn't mean others will.

Users who are viewing this thread