Journalism contest - Round 2 - "Cricket: A batsmans' game?"

Choose the second subject to be written about

• "Sporting culture in the UK and Australia. Why do Aussies win all the damn time?"

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • "OD cricket vs FC Cricket"

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • "Do the media have too much influence over team selections"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Diving in Football"

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • "Over-appealing in cricket"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Afridi: Brilliant hitter or mindless idiot?"

• "Cricket: A batsmans' game?"

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • "Andre Nel - love him or hate him? "

• "England's selection policy whilst touring, is it time for a change?"

• "Statistics: the be-all and end-all?"

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • "Twenty20: Good or bad?"

• "Cricket: A gentleman's game?"

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To stick with something relevant and current day, I would suggest - Englands selection policy whilst touring, is it time for a change?

By that I am of course referring to whether or not we need to remove selection duties from the coach and players for tours. Although if you want to take it in a different direction you would still be able to.

manee said:
"Squeaky voiced biased fool" alright Evo?
Have to admit though, he is hilarious. Morning Rich, morning all, this has been a brilliant morning by the Australians, winning back the trophy that is rightfully theirs, they've been superb in all aspects of the game. Such a great team, thanks to Shane Warne, best bowler in the world....

I would like to nominate this subject:

"Statistics: the be all and end all?"

Nominations are closed and 12 possible subjects for round 2 have been added. I'm adding some new rules to cover ties:

In the event of a tie, there will be a 48 hour poll with just the tied choices in. If this still fails to produce a result one of the admins who does not intend to enter the contest will be asked to choose.

tough choice for me between 20/20 and afridi but as the afridi case has been discuss alot on this forum and there is a large amount of people on both sides i thought it would be most interesting :).

Tough choice between:
Cricket: A batsmans' game?"
Afridi
Or Nel.
But I went for the first.

guess i wont be writing an article atm, most of the topics dont interest me.

Users who are viewing this thread