Kohli's Reaction To Sledging Needs To Improve

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like Kohli and would love a player with that sort of attitude as vice captain or a someone fielding in the 30 yard circle but you will never want your team to be led by a man that can be easily ruffled up. I agree with SaiSrini that most Indians cannot take banter lightly and there have been times players have to intervene and explain them to calm the situation down when we played against some Indian boys the other day. It was only usual banter from me standing at first slip when suddenly batsman got fired up without much point. The batsman was a hard hitter and all I said was: 'Look out boys, we have a Virender Sehwag in here. He will hit a triple century now. We are a gonner!'

FTR, I never attack a player personally; I make funny remarks on their technique, their mannerism while batting/bowling (when I am batting) and at times, when a spinner is bowling for us, I bring in a silly point/short leg and ridicule my own player's mannerism and then we three (myself, gloveman and the silly point/bat pad himself) laugh. The batsmen with good sense of humor laugh along with us but often they lose concentration and get out. The best part is they cannot even blame us for that. :p Cricket without banter is so boring TBH.

Kohli is one fine player and I am sure he will learn with the responsibility at time. He did exceedingly well as skipper in U-19 World Cup so he certainly has leadership credentials. I am really looking forward to see how he leads India once he takes over as skipper in all three formats.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ That is the kind of banter which is totally fine and nobody should have a problem with it. Its also not against the spirit of the game. It goes against the spirit when we start using terms like D*ck, C*ck, F*ck, Broken F*cking arm, Your mom, your wife etc etc. That is completely in the bad taste.

grkrama

National Board President
last we heard mitch and kohli have just been discussing scorelines n results it seems :p

Users who are viewing this thread