Story Lancashire Cricket Season 06-07 [ICC05]

Simbazz I'll note that for you mate, and evo nice to see that it's fine with you! COOMON BOYS we gotto put Somerset on a very bad position.

usy said:
Simbazz I'll note that for you mate, and evo nice to see that it's fine with you! COOMON BOYS we gotto put Somerset on a very bad position.

'Evo'? Is that me? If so, I like it!!

ahhh if i was a batter who was fielding i would feel nice and safe that a total would be gettable with two opening bowlers such as these Usy, great choice!

I believe in OD matches, the team should all turn up for the game, get into the flow and go out there to get 10 an over. we should split the 50 overs up.

first 10 is for the opening batsmen to get comfortable! get atleast 70 on the board in the first 10 overs

10-25 overs, go for it, go all out at bowlers, but try to keep wicket, there isnt no point one opening batsmen batting with a number 6, it doesnt make sense, try to lose only one wicket

25-35, play a little more relaxed, let the ball come onto the bat, at this stage we should be at 200-220

35-45, go for the ball, hit alot, try to get big maximums get the crowd behind you.

last 5 overs is all about hitting a boundry every ball. hopefully with tactics along these lines, we should be in for around 330 - 350 runs every match, C'mon OD squad, your time to be ready is now! get excited about our CC team and try to out do them!

lol evo looks kool nickname for you, :p.

Simbazz said:
ahhh if i was a batter who was fielding i would feel nice and safe that a total would be gettable with two opening bowlers such as these Usy, great choice!

I believe in OD matches, the team should all turn up for the game, get into the flow and go out there to get 10 an over. we should split the 50 overs up.

first 10 is for the opening batsmen to get comfortable! get atleast 70 on the board in the first 10 overs

10-25 overs, go for it, go all out at bowlers, but try to keep wicket, there isnt no point one opening batsmen batting with a number 6, it doesnt make sense, try to lose only one wicket

25-35, play a little more relaxed, let the ball come onto the bat, at this stage we should be at 200-220

35-45, go for the ball, hit alot, try to get big maximums get the crowd behind you.

last 5 overs is all about hitting a boundry every ball. hopefully with tactics along these lines, we should be in for around 330 - 350 runs every match, C'mon OD squad, your time to be ready is now! get excited about our CC team and try to out do them!
Reps for you, Great tactics.

usy said:
lol evo looks kool nickname for you, :p.

I agree, it's a class nickname! Call me Evo from now on! Captain Evo sounds better though!:p

Only kidding, it's your choice as I keep saying.

Last edited:
Thanks Usy! I like being a help, im kinda knowledgeable for only being 16, im captain of my club, and will be captain of the open age as the current captain is retiring, and the guys there like me so next season itll be a biggy.

hey Usy, if there is one person who id like to see get that C next to thier name after me its EvertonFan, hes a cracking guy and really nice to talk to, he is caring and has a bucketful of knowledge, just dont put him out on the boundry, he likes talking his game up to the rest of the slip fielders and the two batsmen :D Hes the kinda guy you would take off your glove and smack him if you were a batsmen!

Usy mate, Can you maybe give us an answer on awards for MoM, Man of the Month and so on, will there be any awards?

And what is your plan in 2020, would you like me to give you my opinion on it or you gunna do it yourself lol?

so great ideas, I' may end you up as my 20-20 captain :).

Last edited:
Ahh thats good to hear, i was hoping the Coach Usy would be trusting with me :D im soo glad i might get a run out as captain.

I need help, can someone keep record of each player, of how many matches they have played for LCCC (caps/apps) under my mangement? like on MS Excel.

usy said:
I need help, can someone keep record of each player, of how many matches they have played for LCCC (caps/apps) under my mangement? like on MS Excel.

I'll do it, just give me more details on what to do.

I can do it, but i havnt got Excel!

Ill do it in a word Doco

lol, I think evo should do it because he has it, thanks evo :).

Users who are viewing this thread