Story Lancashire's Quest For Glory: Lancashire vs Somerset (C2005)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for all the comments lads! I'll update as soon as I get back from my mum's.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
skysportstu7.jpg

Blackwell Gets His Revenge

David Lloyd: Well the battle between Ian Blackwell and Simon Barrow has come to an end as Blackwell got his man.

Bob Willis: Blackwell pruduced a cleer bit of bowling there because he knew that he his stock ball was being smashed everywhere by Barrow, so he tossed up a slower delivery on leg stump and Barrow top-edged a sweep into the hands of Parsons.​

mistimedzu8.jpg

Barrow knows he's in trouble already.

catchpt0.jpg

Parsons takes the easiest of catches at Leg Gully.

celebrationsfs2.jpg

Blackwell is overjoyed as he outsmarts Barrow.

walkbackie7.jpg

Barrow salutes the crowd but he will be devasted after making such a good start.

Lancashire: 130/3

Sky Customer Service Man: Apologies for the absense of a picture of Mal Loye making his way to the crease; The cameraman was too busy flirting with Sally the npower girl. Although what she's doing at a county game i'll never know!

embi

International Coach
evertonfan said:
Sky Customer Service Man: Apologies for the absense of a picture of Mal Loye making his way to the crease; The cameraman was too busy flirting with Sally the npower girl. Although what she's doing at a county game i'll never know!

LMAO!

Well, that was unlucky for Barrow. Still, great partnership mate. Stick with me Loye mate, we need some runs after our openers great failures ;)

Evo, whats my score atm? (actually, it doesn't matter, you'll tell me if I get a double century, or if I'm out next ball)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
embi said:
LMAO!

Well, that was unlucky for Barrow. Still, great partnership mate. Stick with me Loye mate, we need some runs after our openers great failures ;)

Evo, whats my score atm? (actually, it doesn't matter, you'll tell me if I get a double century, or if I'm out next ball)

64* to be precise!

And i'm glad you appreciate my little Sky service man comment; I simply forget to take a screenshot of Mal Loye. :p

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ahh well, no need to get all up in the air, we have a great team now lads lets do it for Drew, or if not him, at least lancashire;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
skysportstu7.jpg

Two Wickets In Two Overs For Blackwell

David Lloyd: Ian Blackwell is weaving his magic as he has gotten rid of the dangerous Mal Loye for a duck.

Bob Willis:
Well the umpire has made a huge mistake there I feel, Mal Loye should feel desperatley unlucky because that ball was no where near the stumps.

appealal8.png

Blackwell launches a huge appeal.

lbwvk7.png

A controversial decision as the ball appears to be missing the stumps.

outhy8.png

The umpires verdict is final though.

walkbackbo2.png

Loye walks back after being unluckily given out for a duck.

crouchef7.png

Ryan Crouch has to dig in deep to get Lancashire out of trouble here.

Lancashire: 138/4

D

Deleted member 13648

Drewska said:
Seems like Billy Doctrove was taking help from Hair about umpiring AND eating.
:p Lol What a comment that is, I will laugh for about an hour now, it's turning a bit pear shaped at the minute but I still have faith

embi

International Coach
Unlucky, Loye mate, that was a bad one. Now, Ryan Crouch, the legend. Come on Zorax, lets see how good your star player really is ;)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
skysportstu7.jpg

Lunch on Day 1

Ian Ward: It's lunch here at Old Trafford on day 1, and it's pretty even-stevens as far as the scores are concerned, but the late wickets have brought Somerset back into the game after Caddick and Blackwell started off expensivley.​

lunchiz7.png

Lancashire batsmen Crouch and and Bryant head off for a bacon butty and a cup of tea/pint.

battingcardcf2.jpg

Lancashire's explosive batting put them on top after the loss of early wickets...

bowlingcardbh2.jpg

...But good bowling from McClean and Blackwell clawed it back for Somerset.

Ian Ward: The players should be all grubbed up, refreshed and ready to come out onto the field, let's just hope Inzamam hasn't been about. Join us after the break where we will bring you the afternoon session live.

embi

International Coach
Hmm, walking out with 66 already on the board feels good, but I hope to convert it into a lovely century. Come on lads! We've been scoring at a pretty good rate, just the Sky coverage seems a bit delayed :p

plympilgrim

International Coach
well played guys keep it up, although a few more runs are needed
:clap

Users who are viewing this thread