Story England: The New Breed! Kev Mead Called Up and Deputises as Skipper (ICC 06)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
:O what about me Kshitiz_Indian this is a joint story, hehe, nah forget about it :p

Anyway guys ive made a bad mistake, last night my computer decided to play games and i had to reset the pc back to its origional settings so tomorrow i will post day one again, im very sorry, its all my stupid PC's fault, nothing to do with me i promise, hope no one feels too much annoyed :( Tough time for me to, i have to find everything i had again.

Simbazz

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Davies goes on holiday

Nic Davies has today said that he is going on holiday. "I haven't been selected for the national side so I am going to have a well earned break. "I have discussed this with the coach and I need a break. It will be sad for me to miss two weeks of cricket, but I will do it." Young talent Nic Davies leaves for holiday.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Guys me and Simbazz offer our sincere apologies, the game will continue tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for the reps Kshitiz, I apreciate it, but Simbazz deserves some too. Don't just rep me all the time people, Simbazz puts a lot into this too.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Orite guys, great news, somehow i didnt lose the game at all!

day two will be posted tomorrow, sorry for the confusion, i just presumed id lost it but good news is i havnt :p

Good Luck to us guys tomorrow in day 2!

Again sorry, and Evo, lol, sorry bout all the confusion, have ur laughing at me back boyo

afridi25

International Cricketer
Hameed Not Impressed with not being selection

I think i played really well to get 36 in the first innings. If pinchy can beat that in the first innings i will say he is better but i believe i should have more than just one game at the moment. Hameed Ahmad young wicket Keeper also said that he will play the Surrey Vs Somerset match which has finished. He hit 67 in the ODI proving he is fit and can play

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Press Manager David Brakewell has today release a press comment about Hameed Ahmad and Nic Davies.

"Hameed Ahmad has been left out of the team due to him not standing up to Pinchy Mcpinch's standard of 'Keeping and Batting. Ahmed can say he feels left out but from recent proformances Mcpinch has really proformed twice as better, so i ask Hameed Ahmad to pick his game up, if he can make centuries regularly and take 5+ catches an inning he will have a great chance."

"Nic Davies has gone for a well earned rest, as his quest of getting into the England team has not really come to nothing. Davies will be back in training at his club, and here at England on the 25th August."

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Davies tells Ahmad to be gratfeul

Nic Davies today has just released a statement following the previous statement from Hameed Ahmad. Speaking at Gatwick airport he said:
"I think he needs to be grateful of the oppurtunity to be in the England squad. He is a nice lad but he really needs to grow up and know that everyone will get their chance. I support the coaches decision and he needs to learn to as well. The coaches decision is final." He then left ready to board his flight.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Nothing 'bout Crouch? He must be the most talented player in the sqaud, but has yet to be selected!!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
Nothing 'bout Crouch? He must be the most talented player in the sqaud, but has yet to be selected!!

Maybe Crouch is being saved for the third Test. ;)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
weneedryancrouchxp3.png

English bowler Lee Payne has supported a campaign by a national newspaper to select Ryan Crouch for the test squad.

The newspaper believes that Crouch is 'the most talented individual yet to play for England' and Payne thinks Simon Barrow, who caused uproar by coming out of retirement and playing in the second test against Sri Lanka this week, should make way for him.

"To allow Simon Barrow to waltz straight back into the team is unfair in my opinion. Ryan Crouch has been quietly putting in fabulous performances for the TT Lions and never gets a mention from the backroom staff." said Payne.

He was quick to point out that he is a great supporter of Barrow on the pitch, calling him a 'spin king'. He just believes that the manner in which his career has panned out recently is contraversial.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Simon Barrow, has hit back during the lunch break on day two to respond to comments made by Lee Payne.

"I was called the night before the test and asked by Matt if i could play, due to Usy being injured,i came in purely as a batsman, but obviously as Matt said, i cant just come into any side and not bowl. But on day 5, you will clearly see that Davie will have bowled many more overs than me. Crouch is an excellent player, BUT he really needs to work on some aspects of his game, when talking to Matt i heard that he is thinking about the third test for Crouch."

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
yeah im gunna post day 1 end now dude, then day two a little later, sorry bout this guys, my pc messed up!
cricnewsnv9.gif

Day 1, Afternoon session.

Dilshan and Vandort finally held a stable partnership together long enough to put some decent runs on the scoreboard. The partnership lasted 145 runs and it took some clever bowling from Teague to break through in the afternoon. Teague bowled a great line, and all Dilshan could do was waft a bat downwards, the ball clipped its way to first slip were it was met by velcro hands Davie. 268/5
5thwicketfx0.jpg

Murabek joined Vandort at the crease and really helped Vandort by staying in for 36 balls to let Vandort pass his half century. Murabek only made 6 runs and fell to a C&B by Barrow, who got the ball to turn alot and it caught Murabek offgaurd and it was an easy catch by the man the pundits call the "Spin King." 300/6
6thwicketkt7.jpg

10 runs later, Davie joined in the action and proved he was not to be outdone by his fellow spinner. Vandort looked to be going well on 77, when Davie bowled a top spinner which kept straight and bounced a little higher than usual. Vandort didnt watch it properly and his middlestump went cartwheeling.
7thwicketjn4.jpg

At the end of a exciting day, the scorecard reads like so,
scorecardhq2.jpg

The batting card,
battingse9.jpg

The bowling card,
bowlingca0.jpg

Please join us soon for day 2's play.

Last edited:

Briggsey

International Coach
weneedryancrouchxp3.png

England opening batsman Shaun Briggs has joined fast bowler Lee Payne in the protest to have TT Lions all-rounder Ryan Crouch in the squad for the next test match. Speaking to a Yorkshire newspaper at lunch on day 1, Briggs was quoted as saying, "He (Crouch) is an amazing player and his stats clearly show that, sure it would be nice to have such a talent in the test squad, but I am in no position to say who he should replace if selected."

Briggs also defended the selection of Simon Barrow for this test. "Simon is a great player and any team would gladly welcome him into it, we should be pleased to have such a great player in our team, especially with some of the injuries we have suffered to key members of the team in the build up to this test."

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Watch Crouch in action!!

Watch the legend Ryan Crouch in action LIVE here at the Lion Stands!!

Click HERE!!

Disclaimer: In now way am I trying to Hijack the thread ;)

Users who are viewing this thread