Story England: The New Breed! Kev Mead Called Up and Deputises as Skipper (ICC 06)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Crouch pepped up for selection for second test
Feels this is his moment

-Reuters
The West-Indian born allrounder Ryan Crouch feels that his selection is just around the corner.
'I've played a lot of domestic cricket and have done well. I'm more of a batsman, and accordingly my batting is going well, but I am also experiencing good form with the ball"
He also realises that it is a tough challenge, with every player from the first test having performed superbly.
"It will be tough to drop someone, but I'm still hoping for the best. I'm in great form with the bat, and a seamer-friendly wicket will push the odds greater in my favour. I'm also a decent fielder, hopefully that can edge me ahead of the others"

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I have asked Evertonfan and he says it's fine that if players want a sig for this thread then they can ask me.

So I am pretty much official Sig maker for this story :p

Cheers
:cheers

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'd like something which says: Support Crouch's inclusion in the lineup! Visit blah blah blah... :)
Now all I need is the privellage to have a sig and avvie returned to me...

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
Davies stars in emphatic Hampshire Victory

Just a day before the Sri Lanka test Nic Davies has shown the England coaching staff just what he can do in an emphatic Hampshire victory over rivals Somerset in the C&G Trophy at The Rose Bowl.
Somerset won the toss and elected to bowl on an incredibly cracked pitch. The Hampshire batsman struggled in the early part of the match averaging just iver 3 an over. Other hopeful Upul Tharanga struck 36 before being victim to Michael Munday (Somerset Legspinner). The young leggie then went on to take the vital wicket of Nic Davies for just 19 off 10 deliveries as Hampshire were fighting for runs in the later stage. Davies got caught on the boundary thanks to a brilliant catch from Richard Johnson. Kevin Pietersen hit a brilliant knock of 90 before he was caught behind off the bowling of the somerset Leggie. Hampshire managed to post a decent 278/7 off their 50 overs.

The Somerset innings was an absolute disaster. They were skittled out for an appalling 110. With young England hopeful Nic Davies taking career best figures of 6-29. "I am so proud of my achievement. I feel in top bowling form and am hitting the ball cleanly with the bat. It would be nice to make my test debut, but that isn't in my hands." And for the first time The "Gone for a duck" magazine has managed to talk to Upul Tharanga on what he feels.
"I feel pretty confident on getting a place after my two solid batting performances." When asked what he thought of fellow teammate Nic Davies he replied: "He is a brilliant player who is ready for the test stage. I've been at Ha,pshire for a couple of weeks now and I've seen how incredible this player is. He is very dangerous with the ball and with the bat also. The amount of times he has got me out in the nets."
So Hampshire's cup campaign is underway in good fashion with a nice victory over the cidermen. Buy this magazine next time to find out the details of the next Hampshire game!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I play for Somerset and I was included in the team list for that!!

Where am I ? :mad :mad

Also Zorax what do you mean by 'Visit Blah blah' shall i make up a email or website or what?

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
treva said:
I play for Somerset and I was included in the team list for that!!

Where am I ? :mad :mad

Also Zorax what do you mean by 'Visit Blah blah' shall i make up a email or website or what?

I don't think you would have wanted to be! I don't think this match would have helped your campaign for an England place. It hasn't helped Trescothick's as he got out for 1!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ah ok yes i remember i was Injured lol :p

and Zorax it will be done for you.

i will post it in my thread in the graphics forum :)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
GrayNicolls said:
I don't think you would have wanted to be! I don't think this match would have helped your campaign for an England place. It hasn't helped Trescothick's as he got out for 1!

Well Trescothick retired from England duty long ago...:p

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Lol :p

Done Zorax check out my graphics thread :D

This match could be interesting as Sri Lanka will want to win this and will have lots more passion than last time!

Can't wait :)

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
And Upul Tharanga is in fine form as you saw from "The Gone for a Duck" magazine. He hit 163 aginst Kent. We could be in danger. :(

D

Deleted member 13648

1.First Name:Stuart
2.Surname:Cullington
3.Bowl Style: (RFM, SLA etc.) RF
4.Bat Style: (RH/LH, Middle Order, Opener etc.) Aggressive Low Order
5.Player Style: (All-Rounder, Bowler, Batsman) Bowler
6.Personality: (Hardman, Superstar, Shy. etc. Make your own up! Be creative!) Hardman, Chirpy in the field (Ya get me? :p )
7.Appearance (picture if possible): I've sent you a pic

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
!x!culli!x! said:
1.First Name:Stuart
2.Surname:Cullington
3.Bowl Style: (RFM, SLA etc.) RF
4.Bat Style: (RH/LH, Middle Order, Opener etc.) Aggressive Low Order
5.Player Style: (All-Rounder, Bowler, Batsman) Bowler
6.Personality: (Hardman, Superstar, Shy. etc. Make your own up! Be creative!) Hardman, Chirpy in the field (Ya get me? :p )
7.Appearance (picture if possible): I've sent you a pic

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you have a long and successful England career!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
cricnewsnv9.gif

Hello and welcome to CricNews on the eve of the second test, im Geraint Jones and we have the team sheet for England, and it looks like so,

1.Shaun Briggs
2.Will Baines
3.Sid Sidson
4.Simon Barrow
5.Fred Fan
6.Jack Teague
7.Stuart Cullington
8.Drew Davie
9.Pinchy McPinch ( k )
10.Kev Mead (OB2) ( c )
11. Lee Payne(OB1)

The controversy will surely arise as Simon Barrow is added into the squad as what looks to be a purely batsman, but surely Matt Roberts cant not use the guy, the person who has made way for the legendary left arm leggie is M.Mick. Mick had a lackluster game and has been dropped for Barrow.

The captain U.Gee has a unfortunate injury so K.Mead stands in as skipper.

Zaohaib Ahmed also had a injury so the new boy Stuart Cullington steps in to try to strengthen the lower order.

A few suprises which will throw some England lads, will Barrow make a hero's return? Will Mead make a great captains proformance or will England crumble on supporters pressure?

In other news the new England coach Matt Roberts has been in a car accident on the way back home from an England training session. Roberts isnt seriously injured but wont be coaching for the whole game, Jessica Alba Roberts will be beside her husbands bed for his stay in Birmingham City Hospital. Assistant coaches Andrew Flintoff and Simon Barrow will take over. Flintoff will take more responsability but Barrow will be on field looking over the game and Mead surely will go to either Barrow or Flintoff for advice if he needs it, which we at CricNews surely think not with such a big player as Mead is.

Join us early tomorrow to find out pre-match information.
Im Geraint Jones, this is CricNew's, good night to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread