Languages

duffarama said:
This is what I know folks:

English (obvious reasons)
Japanese (nearly fluent)
Italian (OK)
Chinese Mandarin (not too well)
Latin (OK)
Fluent Japanese!!! You got to be kidding!

wonderful, duff is multilingual! :D

I can speak:
Hindi
English
punjabi :D
A little bit of marathi, tamil, bengali. (all due to buch of friends from all over india)

duffarama said:
No I'm not joking mate. I can speak Japanese for you on Youth Cluster if you really want me to prove it! ;)
You'll probably speak gibberish and the odd "sayonara" to convince me that it's Japanese! Where did you learn this anyway, at school?

Adarsh said:
You'll probably speak gibberish and the odd "sayonara" to convince me that it's Japanese! Where did you learn this anyway, at school?
Haha, yes I've been learning at school for quite a long time now! I'm planning to go to Sopporo in Japan hopefully in the near future to undertaking some form of snow sports. They have a great culture and certainly a difficult language to master.

English
Russian
French (I used to know quite a bit but have forgotten a lot of it now)

English (fluent)
French (nearly fluent)
Hebrew (nearly fluent)
Spanish (basic)
Italian (basic)

Theres my lot for you

Where do you people learn all these languages in England? 99% of all my friends only know English and Leet (133t) !

Adarsh said:
Where do you people learn all these languages in England? 99% of all my friends only know English and Leet (133t) !

well, in many schools foreign languages are taught as 3rd language.
In India, sanskrit is taught, which, being the most mathematicial language, is hardly spoken.

also, parents from different countries contribute, so does friends.Many factors.

Adarsh said:

Well Im learning French and Hebrew at school. The rest I have picked up/learned on holiday etc.

I know French and a bit of Urdu, (passed on from Drewska), strange though - if I had the chance I'd learn Hebrew, (whatever Drewska says I am not Jewish)

I know that kids in the subcontinent know a lot of languages. But in England, you don't get all these languages. Most do French or Spanish for about 2 years when they're 14-16, but you still don't learn THAT much. Thing is, James speaks Russian, and Chez speaks Hebrew!

On second thoughts, he is from a Jewish school...

Users who are viewing this thread