Linking Players / Teams

Well team linking should not lose stats as the saf team on the server already has all the stats and attributes/skills (wrong ones). Hence i am asking people to try team link only and see if the players in the saf team who plays for multiple teams like the ipl teams, automatically shows up in those ipl teams.

Hi Israr, did a few tests to try to work out more about linking, this is what I found, it might boggle your brain but hope it helps.

Firstly I linked my own D. Steyn which put him in S.A team and three domestic teams, which we already know. Then I downloaded your S.A team with linked players and linked it to ondisc team with all ticks. This overwrote my Steyn with yours in the S.A team, but my Steyn remained in the domestic teams. This means we have two different Steyns (not ideal) would much prefer to have a choice of one for all teams Steyn is in.

Next I looked to see if Kallis had been put into KKR team, which he hadn't, so obviously linking teams does not link players within the team. I hoped it would. The best scenario for me would be for us to be given the option to overwrite or keep each individual player when a team is linked.

I hope you followed all that, if not feel free to ask me any questions.

thanks superfreddie.

Question, is there an international team you have NOT linked in any way ? (be it team link or player link)

Preferably either sri lanka or west indies. If you have a team like that, please download one from the server....and ONLY team link it to the default team. and see if the likes of malinga or gayle show up in their respective IPL teams also or not.

Do remember to back up your save logs before hand.

also...I wonder whether my steyn would show up in all the three teams if you player linked him again? unless of course your steyn becomes "unlinkable"

P.S. I understand linking players individually does take care of all these issues. but for the end users, it will be a hassle. I think the best way to counter it is as i mentioned before, change the team link to work like a player link. Or have the uploaded teams carry all the infos and links from the person's computer who created/linked the team originally. and a simple choice of overwriting (yes/no) an already linked player.

Last edited:
thanks superfreddie.

Question, is there an international team you have NOT linked in any way ? (be it team link or player link)

Preferably either sri lanka or west indies. If you have a team like that, please download one from the server....and ONLY team link it to the default team. and see if the likes of malinga or gayle show up in their respective IPL teams also or not.

Do remember to back up your save logs before hand.

also...I wonder whether my steyn would show up in all the three teams if you player linked him again? unless of course your steyn becomes "unlinkable"

P.S. I understand linking players individually does take care of all these issues. but for the end users, it will be a hassle. I think the best way to counter it is as i mentioned before, change the team link to work like a player link. Or have the uploaded teams carry all the infos and links from the person's computer who created/linked the team originally. and a simple choice of overwriting (yes/no) an already linked player.

Ok, so I had not linked Sri Lanka or India in anyway. I downloaded Sri Lankan team which didn't have linked players and your India team which had linked players. I linked both teams to their respective ondisc teams. None of the players from either team transferred to their domestic teams, which proves linking teams in no way links players.

I then linked your Steyn to my previously linked Steyn. This did put your Steyn in all of his teams.

BTW, I totally agree with the second part of your post, that would be the best way to eliminate different versions of the same player in multiple teams, which was my worry all along. Hope Bigant can resolve this.

Hope I helped, my ca is a bit of a mess, but wanted to test all these things. The teams I created have all been uploaded so its ok.

Thanks brother. That clear things up for me too. Unless BA changes the way team link works, I will stick to player linking only even for the teams i download off the server.

Yeah that seems to be the only way do it at the moment, will take hell of a long time to link every ondisc player though.

Well my early aim would be to get the international teams linked...followed by the ipl teams.

After that i might or might not do the rest, like the classic teams and the county teams.

The one thing I worry about is with the issues you guys are havin with linking, if bigant are to do some sort of fix it may delay the game, we know there's a 99b update to come but if that doesn't have the solution there's gonna be issues with downloading teams when the game is out, Ross had said that the "get best" option means you don't have to do linking, but as we've seen, the "get best" doesn't always give you the best realism due to the rating system, also if you "get best" does this change the domestic/international teams together or will we have multiple versions of certain players by doin this? Say we get best England from blocker, and get best Yorkshire by someone else, we could have 2 roots, bresnans and bairstows!!!

Last edited:
The one thing I worry about is with the issues you guys are havin with linking, if bigant are to do some sort of fix it may delay the game, we know there's a 99b update to come but if that doesn't have the solution there's gonna be issues with downloading teams when the game is out, Ross had said that the "get best" option means you don't have to do linking, but as we've seen, the "get best" doesn't always give you the best realism due to the rating system, also if you "get best" does this change the domestic/international teams together or will we have multiple versions of certain players by doin this? Say we get best England from blocker, and get best Yorkshire by someone else, we could have 2 roots, bresnans and bairstows!!!

Agree with the "Get Best" option, I won't be using it because for the most part, the "Best" are not that.

Although I agree it would be nice if everything worked perfectly, I don't think the current system is too laborious. Once you figure out how it works, it isn't too complicated to replicate for all teams. Really comes down to which teams you want to play with...

And I would highly doubt a fix to a system which isn't inherently 'broken' is going to delay the game when we're in Mid-October.

'Get best' is not an issue from big ant's end. It is an issue that was created by us users due to our "trigger happy" rating habits. There is absolutely no way to write an algorithm (without spending a millions and breaking a few copyright laws) that can "understand" what really is the best creation of a player out there. So if you want the best teams at the top, the best things to do is vote up what you think is the best and vote down anything you think is horrible. Another thing BA can do is reset all ratings right now before the game releases and people can start rating all over again. But that is very impractical.

Regarding the second issue, yes you will indeed have two players of the same.

But like discussed before, lets wait for a comment from ross or mikey regarding the next update.

The most ideal way is to go for linking the players individually. Did that for my India team and it turned out to be perfect. It did replace Tendulkar in Mumbai Indians or Dhoni in CSK. So that definitely works. May be Ross should tell us if we are going wrong in the team linking process.

Till then, link the players for perfect results.

The most ideal way is to go for linking the players individually. Did that for my India team and it turned out to be perfect. It did replace Tendulkar in Mumbai Indians or Dhoni in CSK. So that definitely works. May be Ross should tell us if we are going wrong in the team linking process.

Till then, link the players for perfect results.

Linking players individually will definitely work and this is time consuming.

The issue I find is that I can't do that now. I'll have to wait for the game to do it as oppose to getting it all set up in CA.

Perhaps what I can work on is a list of who the fake players link to. Just to streamline the process a bit more. Either way, should keep me busy as I want for the game haha

If you download a linked team then all of the linked players in that team should keep their personal links - if this is not happening then there is a bug.

We are looking into this right now.

I'm guessing the issue is when you download players that share the same link?

e.g. I download one Clarke which is linked with Church, and then another Clarke that is linked with Church. What exactly happens then?

Users who are viewing this thread