Linking Players / Teams

What concerns me is...as an example....i have kallis in kolkata south africa and bunch of other teams after linking. But what if now i download the full kkr team from the server which has its own version of kallis and link the teams. Will my created kallis get replaced with the new kallis? Will he get replaced in all teams or just kkr? I am too scared to try it myself.

Something you guys should know...once you link a player but want to make some edit to the player, edit him in the default team version for it to change everywhere. Editing a player in your created team does not effect the linked players in default teams.

What concerns me is...as an example....i have kallis in kolkata south africa and bunch of other teams after linking. But what if now i download the full kkr team from the server which has its own version of kallis and link the teams. Will my created kallis get replaced with the new kallis? Will he get replaced in all teams or just kkr? I am too scared to try it myself.

Something you guys should know...once you link a player but want to make some edit to the player, edit him in the default team version for it to change everywhere. Editing a player in your created team does not effect the linked players in default teams.

Would you be able to 'replace' the player link if it did change?

Maybe the guys at Big Ant can shed some light...

Thanks blocker. I have never did that because i am scared whether the player will get deleted everywhere else. Good that it doesnt.

Snowy...i think you can "relink" to get the changes applied everywhere.

Thanks blocker. I have never did that because i am scared whether the player will get deleted everywhere else. Good that it doesnt.

Snowy...i think you can "relink" to get the changes applied everywhere.

nah - i think you need to be careful if you have used "your" player in several of "your" teams, you will need to replace him with the linked player before deleting. but if he's only in one of your teams you only need to do one replacement or better still if he is in free agents then you just link and delete.

also don't trust the "get best" simply because i don't trust the ratings. highest rated is unlikely to be the best - i have seen some shocking creations rated much higher than really good ones.
Even I am a bit worried about it. This must be the outcome due to unavailability of options to choose from and only having few(or even just a single) option to rate it best and then other users getting carried away with the ratings, hence the result. Surely the earlier creators will be benefited even though they might not be the best, and there's my concern. The late creators have to suffer as their team/players might not be rated as best even though they are the *best* available team/player on the server. I remember this problem was raised earlier too.

The algorithm used for "best" is weighted so that the best can rise, it is also calculated server side so changes to that algorithm do not require an update/patch.

not being rude, i'm sure it's a work in progress and mostly i blame "user error"/"mob mentality" but at present the algorithm isn't good enough.

"get best" is an option best avoided by all except the chronically lazy or blind...

for example:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• anderson.png
    anderson.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 72
  • jimmy_2229512b.jpg
    jimmy_2229512b.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Which one did i create there? None of them looks like mine.

i think none of them are yours... i saw actually more than one of yours. i think possibly where people made minor amendments.

i was just trying to highlight the current rating system is far from ideal.

I think the current rating system works mostly based on the votes that it has gotten recently with the previous votes not meaning a lot except the initial position in the ranking. I unshared the aussie team by mistake and after sharing it again it was in the bottom....4-5 votes from friends in one night bumped it upto top 10 I believe.

personally, for me i will be doing it individually, going through to find the best players.

i will do each team / competition bit by bit as I need it.

i don't need every domestic team linked and updated day one... i think this is a bit more work but will have infinitely better results.

personally, for me i will be doing it individually, going through to find the best players.

i will do each team / competition bit by bit as I need it.

i don't need every domestic team linked and updated day one... i think this is a bit more work but will have infinitely better results.

The only ones i will care about are the international teams. Rest i am doing a team linking on depending on whenever i need them.

I understand you might only use international teams, I'm probably the same, but its career mode I'm worried about. I'm really looking forward to career mode, but if there are lots of the same players floating around all looking different it will annoy me. I can envisage me getting into the England team and playing alongside three cooks or four kps who all look different. I've highlighted my concerns to Ross, but had no answer.

if you don't press get best it will not be an issue.

when you link the kp / cook whoever to the international team it'll update him in the domestic teams too.

avoid get best like the plague, and i think you'll be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread