Linking Players / Teams

Ross I am worried about one thing. I think the game will have random players assigned to all teams... please can you clarify? I mean no one can make players as realistic as the game developers can. I am only talking about attributes and physique here...not names, faces or kits because I know that's a licensing issue.

Yeah - the default players have real world counterparts with the same initials and stats. Don't know if anything else like height matches but sincerely doubt it. Skills and attributes do not try to match their real world counterparts. You will have to adjust that or factor that in to your linking and which players you download.

We are expecting quite a bit of clarification on skills and assigning skills in due course but due to some issues wtfk when they're coming

As for realism, there are some seriously good creators here. Israr, raj, Balkeet... On the server monkeymuomo and Ruck too. Even snowy here, when not saving the forum from inappropriate questions, has done some v good creations

----------

And I forgot superfreddie. He's one of the best.

Sorry Freddie!

Last edited:
I'm here too sometimes! Me and Ruck are Big Ant XI players though, so I know I'll just get sledged back to the BA boards if I show up here! :D

can anyone tell me who the following "disc" players correspond to in real life for NZ??

C Atkinson; I Buckley; G Edwards; R Hall; J Newton.

Any help gratefully received.

------------

None of the NZ teams on the server have anyone I can match to these players, plus some of them have other players, e.g. Jacob Oram, so what happens if I download one of these NZs and link them? Does it get rid of the players that don't correspond bewteen the two? And how does it handle players in the downloaded team not in the disc team?

can anyone tell me who the following "disc" players correspond to in real life for NZ??

C Atkinson; I Buckley; G Edwards; R Hall; J Newton.

Any help gratefully received.

------------

None of the NZ teams on the server have anyone I can match to these players, plus some of them have other players, e.g. Jacob Oram, so what happens if I download one of these NZs and link them? Does it get rid of the players that don't correspond bewteen the two? And how does it handle players in the downloaded team not in the disc team?

Maybe Ian Butler for one of them, don't hold me to it though :)

Maybe Ian Butler for one of them, don't hold me to it though :)

yeah it is, thanks. managed to track a few down.

C Atkinson = Corey Anderson; I Buckley = Ian Butler; G Edwards = Grant Elliot; R Hall = Roneel Hira; J Newton = No Idea!!.

Unfortunately, Grant Elliot, and also Colin Munro (C Muker on the disc) are not on the server :(

well, i made and uploaded a munro and an elliot. user name mrdconnors.

they're no good, but if the kiwis didn't care about them, why should i?? at least there are now 'real' players to link to the disc counterparts. i will be adding skills etc. then uploading the full NZ team (proper counterparts to the disc team) in due course.

Did you check if downloading linked team made the players populate the default domestic teams also?

no, i have only ever downloaded individual players rather than teams. because as i say a lot of teams on the server don't exactly correspond to the disc teams (i.e. they don't have exactly the same players) and I don't understand how linking would work in that instance.

what i did notice, was a couple of players i downloaded automatically linked to a disc player. when i downloaded prisky's corey anderson, it automatically linked to the c. atkinson on the disc.

i guess maybe he had linked him before he uploaded him to the server? i guess in that instance, you will get the "feeding through" you/freddie seem to expect? there was at least one other player that worked like this but i can't remember the player or creator, i'm afraid.

Hmm. That's good if it is working with already linked players as you do not have to link them again after downloading.

I will test it out tonight with a fresh install with everything backed up.

Users who are viewing this thread