Story Lions on the Shirt. It's just not the Lions you were thinking off!! **FRIDAY'S OD MATCH UPDATED!!!**

Highlander999

ICC President
livingstonlionslogocopy-1.png

Livingston Lions have been going now since the end of 2007. Last season they finished 2nd in OD and FC and were relegated in the 20/20 format of the game. So far this season, they have got into Round 3 of the Cup and have won an OD game and lost an FC game. This season is looking to be tough with tricky FC and OD Leagues. Thankfully the 20/20 league is all bot, giving the 2XI and young 'un's a chance to shine.

The 1XI Squad

The Opening Batsmen:

Pete Mcbean: OD Batting Average of 52.94, FC Batting Average of 73,38, 20/20 Batting Average of 38.68
Seymour Ashmore: OD Batting Average of 54,26, FC Batting Average of 46.94, 20/20 Batting Average of 37.28

The Middle Order

Dougie Hollis (Keeper): OD Batting Average of 98.15, FC Batting Average of 79.12, 20/20 Batting Average of 83.00
Paul Tailor: OD Batting Average of 72.27, FC Batting Average of 87.63, 20/20 Batting Average of 72.69
Steve Rigby: OD Batting Average of 38.83, FC Batting Average of 55.49, 20/20 Batting Average of 50.24
Martin Lee: OD Batting Average of 33.06, FC Batting Average of 34.68, 20/20 Batting Average of 21.80

The All-Rounder

Darren Ingham: OD Batting Average of 37.00, FC Batting Average of 72.00. 19 OD wickets taken, 2 FC wickets taken

The Bowlers

Scott Burns: 220 OD wickets taken, 133 FC wickets taken, 46 20/20 wickets taken
James Roper: (Captain) 309 OD wickets taken, 238 FC wickets taken, 49 20/20 wickets taken
Matty Pretorius: 108 OD wickets taken, 72 FC wickets taken, 21 20/20 wickets taken
Carlton Manders: (Member of SA Under 19 Squad) 38 OD wickets taken, 7 FC wickets taken, 3 20/20 wickets taken

The Reserves

The Batsmen

Nick Morne
Chris Conelly
Prashant Jitendrasinhji
Tristan Bok
Roger Koller
Neale Wren
Dean Weilert
Caleb Wetherall

The Bowlers

Matty Cawood
Prashant Vineetha
Louis Mosheau
Fred Tenius
Nelson Goodhead
Zat Lawrence

The current trainees for the Lions are the Under 19 star Carlton Manders and the young all-rounder Darren Ingham. These two have a very bright future at the club and are going to be playing very important roles this season.

Players to watch out for: Carlton Manders and Dougie Hollis

Dougie Hollis has been a huge success for Livingston Lions. He top scored in all formats last season and has been a rock in the Lions batting line-up. His experience and sheer talent mean that his wicket is the one that the opposition crave.

Carlton Manders got the call up to the South African Under 19's a few days ago. It is not known how often he is going to be available for the Lions this season but the experience and pride in having him represent his country means that any Lions fan will be watching his progress.

The Ground

Name: The Enclosure
Capacity: 38,725
Common Pitch Type: Slow
Groundsman: Paul Queque

How things look so far (will be updated weekly)

e-3.jpg

d.jpg

g-2.jpg

Results to date this season: (will be updated weekly)

27th: Maggots vs Livingston Lions @ Maggots CG (Cup) Lions won by 11 runs Click here!
29th,30th,1st: Blingers vs Livingston Lions @ Blingers CG (FC) Lions lost by 6 wickets Click here!
2nd: FCS vs Livingston Lions @ Highbury CG (OD) Lions won by 7 wickets Click here!
4th: Bengu CC vs Livingston Lions @ Bengu CG (Cup) Lions won by 10 wickets Click here!
6th,7th,8th: Livingston Lions vs rats @ The Enclosure (FC) Lions lost by an innings and 105 runs Click here
9th: Livingston Lions vs C&D @ The Enclosure (OD) Lions won by 17 runs Click here
11th: Livingston Lions vs molyvos @ The Enclosure (Cup) Lions won by 299 runs Click here

This weeks fixtures: (will be updated weekly)

13th: Livingston Lions vs don @ The Enclosure (20/20) Lions won by 10 wickets Click here
14th: charliecc vs Livingston Lions @ charlie CG (20/20) Lions won by 10 wickets Click here
15th: Livingston Lions vs Saltdean Sharks @ The Enclosure (20/20) Lions won by 10 wickets Click here
16th: Tamilz vs Livingston Lions @ Tamilz CG (OD) Lions won by 340 runs Click here
18th: Ulf CC vs Livingston Lions @ Ulf CG (Cup)

Last edited:

gutterman

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
great start to this one mate. hoping to see as much quality like your Glamorgan one. kutgw

Highlander999

ICC President
FC XI Announced

The XI who will be playing against rats in the FC competiton this week was announced earlier today. On the orders of the Under 19 manager, Carlton Manders will not be playing and Darren Ingham will also not be playing due to fitness issues. Because the Lions are still a batsman short in the 1XI, Chris Conelly has been called up from the reserves till a replacement is found.

Here is the XI

Livingston Lions XI vs rats (FC) 6th, 7th, 8th

1. Pete Mcbean
2. Seymour Ashmore
3. Dougie Hollis +
4. Paul Tailor
5. Martin Lee
6. Chris Conelly
7. Scott Burns (B2)
8. James Roper * (B3)
9. Matty Cawood (B4)
10. Fred Tenius (B5)
11. Matty Pretorius (B1)

Fred Tenius and Matty Cawood also get a game due to Ingham and Mander's absence. This does mean that the Lions tail starts at 7 and with Conelly being a bit of a weak link as well, the top 5 will really have to perform.

Monday's Interview

We will be running a serious of interviews with players every Monday over the course of the season. Today it is Under 19 South Africa star, Carlton Manders, who we managed to catch up with whilst taking a break from training.

aa.jpg

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule Carlton to speak to us.

No problem at all :)

So tell me Carlton. When did you first start playing cricket?

I must have been about 4. I saw my older brother hitting a ball through the living room window with a cricket bat and he threw the bat at me and blamed me. I suppose you could say that was my first experience of cricket :p After that I just started playing more and more of it at the park, eventually for my school, then at club level before the Youth Academy here at Livingston offered me a place.

Must have been a nice feeling getting the Under 19 call up? ;)

Best moment of my life. Too get the chance to play for my country is just such an honour. Hopefully I will perform well and do all the guys back here at the Academy proud. It just proves that if you put in hard work and lots of effort it will pay off.

What do you think your chances are of reaching the national scene?

Oh, thats a tough question. At the moment I can only dream about it but I know that it will require a hell of a lot of hard work. Hopefully playing for the Under 19s will give me valuable experience and once I finish with them I can continue my training here at Livingston, and after that, well who knows.....? :)

What are your goals for the season?

To get as many wickets as I can for the Under 19s and Livingston. I understand I might not be able to play as many matches as I would like for Livingston this season, but the lads here have given me their full support in playing for my country, so I hope I can do them proud :)

What tips would you give to any kids thinking about playing cricket?

Just make sure you have fun. I still have fun when I play cricket. Every time I walk out there I have a smile on my face as I am doing a job that I love. Just play lots and practice hard. Even if it is just bouncing a ball up and down on a bat, it improves your hand-eye coordination. Just enjoy cricket :)

Well thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule. I'll let you get back to training. Good luck and hopefully we will see you in South African colours soon :)

Thanks a lot, anytime mate :)

gutterman

International Cricketer
thats one huge beard for a 19 yo those damn ranga's

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Quite a hairy guy for a 19 year old!

I always like reading Battrick stories. I try and keep an eye on this one.

Highlander999

ICC President
Day 1: Livingston Lions vs rats

Things could have gone better for the Lions today. It started well with ?218,580 being taken in gate receipts and James Roper winning the toss and electing to bowl first on a typical Lions slow pitch. However, from there on in, it went down hill. Ceronio and Popejoy put on 162 for the first wicket, before Scotty Burns picked up two wickets in an over before Popejoy and Wardley combined to smash their way to 364/2 off 70 overs before declaring.

Paul Popejoy scored fluently on his way to 182*
FF96C73D-AD9A-A490-F53D21113408CD33.jpg

Then came the turn of the Lions batsmen who knew they had a mountain to climb against a very good bowling attack. Things started pretty badly with Mcbean and Ashmore going for 2 and 1 respectively, Ashmore involved in a farcical run out with Hollis. Tailor then spooned one back to Stevens for 7 and 2 balls later, the Lions were rocked by another run out when Lee tripped over and ended up sprawled on the ground, well short of his crease. Livingston were reeling at 18/4!!! Chris Conelly, the man called up from the reserves was next in with a hell of a lot of pressure.

It didn't seem to fluster him though, as Conelly and Hollis put on 41 for the fifth wicket partnership, before Hollis got a jaffer off a ball and edged behind for 31, leaving Scott Burns and Chris Conelly to take the Lions to the close of play at 83/5 and in all sorts of trouble. Things aren't looking good.

Chris Conelly looked fluent whilst the rest of the Lions batsmen floundered.
FF96C520-0637-925F-7991C17305B6D2CA.jpg

So the Lions are in big trouble at the end of the first day and are on target for their second FC loss of the season. Looks like FC could be a tough one for them and already whispers of relegation are beginning to be heard!!!

a-3.jpg

b-2.jpg

C-2.jpg

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Will never be as good as my stories, but then again, what will?

Good luck, just don't be sad when you realise you'll never measure up ;)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Ownage in the first innings! But nice fail in the second dig... Nice amount of gate receipts too there!

Nice work Tom, kiu!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
HAH you failed on day 1 :P You have given the readers a load of hope in you

Users who are viewing this thread