London 2012 Olympics

And we have a few potentially tonight too ;)

NZ with more golds than australia.

what was the bet australia made with britain before the olympics? :D

Indeed, and I distinctly remember a certain Aussie member referring to us as... well hold on a minute, I'll try and dig the exact post out....

Ah, here it is. :p
Dude, seriously, it's no fun taking the piss out of England and Britannia if you're gonna do it too

I'm sure there's a gold just around the corner though. You've got the Scots and the log throwing, the Welsh and dragon chasing, Northern Ireland and .. no, that's not politically correct.. Maybe a non-sport like syncho swimming or diving will suit England's "athletes"

Well, it appears that those 'athletes' which are only capable of 'non sports', are now miles ahead of the Aussies in the table - fancy that! Now, I'm not usually one given to gloating, but as you were so downright insulting by insinuating that somehow Team GB aren't proper athletes, well you bloody well deserve it.

So, to rub it in properly: Team GB are now 4th, whereas the Aussies are... 17th. :p:p:p:p I reckon we might nick third this time round. :D In fact, we're on 6 of each - so one more gold takes us into third ahead of Korea. Does anyone know what the UK's best ever Olympic medal standing was?

Last edited:
Awesome win for the Kiwis in the rowing, just pure domination. The Brits did well in the women's too, but we put up a good fight for our silver.

Still plenty of events for us to take gold in yet, while the rest probably don't even have qualifiers :p (or are pooling their resources with a handful of other countries)

If the UK can beat the Aussies, though, Senator Lundy will have to row down the Olympic rowing course at Eton Dorney wearing a shirt boldly emblazoned with the Union Jack.

should just be thankful they don't have a sporting rivalry with Kazakhstan tbh ;)

Too late to return to competing as Australasia?

If the UK can beat the Aussies, though, Senator Lundy will have to row down the Olympic rowing course at Eton Dorney wearing a shirt boldly emblazoned with the Union Jack.
Considering our flag is already boldly emblazoned with a Union Jack, it's hardly a new thing.

mordant self-deprecation, eh? you are the new us.

----------

also, I wonder when War is going to get here proclaiming to support both the chinese and the americans?

As predicted, Team GB are currently smashing it in the Velodrome! Another World Record run for them - looks as though it'll take a major disaster for us not to grab another bunch of golds. :D

Wow - four whole seconds faster than the second placed team! That's huge!

the rule about one rider for each team in the individuals is a bit rubbish really. it's utterly dominated by the UK, australia, france and germany.

seems a bit annoying you have to dump out a load of the worlds best cyclists to let clearly inferior ones compete while in the gymnastics and swimming it's the same 3 or 4 nations going for everything and winning multiple podiums. hell, I'm really looking forward to seeing if the chinese sprinter is really good given how their team performed, but again, only get to see one of them.

As I said, we're smashing it. Gold medal and World Record to boot. :)

Vicky P going for Gold shortly. :)

I'm a bit confused as to the point of the bike at the front leading them round for the best part of the race?

Gold for Vicky P! And to celebrate:

Victoria-Pendleton-13.jpg

She is a fine, fine athlete - and one hot woman as well! :D She's retiring after these games, so let's hope she wins as many Golds as she can. :)

Edit: Team GB are now in third place! :D

Women's football team about to get underway against Canada for a place in the Semis. :)

Last edited:
Vijay Kumar from India won the silver for 25m rapid fire pistol.... After Gagan Narang won the bronze few days back, this is good news for India

Hope Saina Nehwal can start the gold count soon enough for India by winning her badminton battle. With the disappointments of Abhinav Bindra and Ronjan Sodhi, she is one big hope that we have of bagging a gold.

Vijay Kumar from India won the silver for 25m rapid fire pistol.... After Gagan Narang won the bronze few days back, this is good news for India

Hope Saina Nehwal can start the gold count soon enough for India by winning her badminton battle. With the disappointments of Abhinav Bindra and Ronjan Sodhi, she is one big hope that we have of bagging a gold.

Dude she is already out of the singles badminton today losing the no1 seeded. :p So no golds dream on for India which is really a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread