Luke Ronchi

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
well mcgrath hinted in a column that watson or hopes could open as for luke ronchi he is gilly's teammate for retravison warriors isnt it true?

Yea he is.
If Ronchi is in the side he will open as that's his position. Watson is much better than Hopes in terms of opener and batting wise.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I will say right now, expect Michael Clarke to open. He's opened many times, arguably played his best cricket there and has recently been used more there. His style suits the Powerplays more than the death.

I don't think Hopes is a contender, Clarke's average is double for the position and if he does get a run it will be short lived. Australia wants power from the top order and although an earnest fighter, Hopes is not a heavyweight. The squad named even suggests that Hopes might actually move down to no. 8.

Haddin might also come in, as a straight-swap to preserve structure, but I think the difference is that Clarke appears to be pursuing the opener's position, while Haddin has so far suggested only that it is within his repertoire, not that it is his preference.

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Because they need a keeper.......

jordox

International Cricketer
Too inconistent, I don't like the way he bats and I feel any decent opposition would figure out his disgusting half block half lofted drive thing which he spoons straight to mid off pretty quickly.

Wouldn't bet on him scoring 50 next game he plays, let alone being as good as the great Adam Gilchrist.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ok,Brad Hodge is good for the Tests,not so much in the ODI's.Ronchi,they could play him in ODI's and T20s.

jordox

International Cricketer
Ok,Brad Hodge is good for the Tests,not so much in the ODI's.Ronchi,they could play him in ODI's and T20s.

Brad Hodge ain't going to be playing test cricket ever again.

Simon Katich? Yeh.

bushy

Club Cricketer
Ronchi needs to be in all sides. he is the 2nd best glovesman in aus behind crosthwaite but he is the best keeper batsman.

formula1man

International Cricketer
i think his keeping was good in the T20s. Well the best opener is Hayden, but now he's gone it will be tough. I really hate alrounders opening. their not good enough for the new ball.

I think our 3 odi openers (rotate) should be Marsh, Warner and Clarke. Then Clarke wont be Mr. Boring when the openers get out, coz he'll be one of them, lol

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
lol, he can't bat for crap, and with the way our current line-up is we need someone who can bat. Besides, Ponting has always known Haddin was going to succeed Gilchrist;

"Our squad includes a couple of new faces, NSW left arm wrist- pinner Beau Casson and Queensland quick Ashley Noffke, while Brad Haddin, of course, is the natural successor to Gilly"

Quoted from Punters book. Ronchi is useless. He's not even that good a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread