Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

*Sigh* Any idea how to get these buggers out? Used Cooks1st100 spinner and pace combo but it didnt work, also i didnt get a single edge but got about 35+ play and misses. Any hints to get more wickets/edges?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 13
*Sigh* Any idea how to get these buggers out? Used Cooks1st100 spinner and pace combo but it didnt work, also i didnt get a single edge but got about 35+ play and misses. Any hints to get more wickets/edges?

How have you set the tail up in regards to batting attributes and anticipation?

KKR V CSK (AI) - Edited Stats

1st T20 match ( Both teams had almost same stats)
Pitch Condition : Green, Hard, Pristine, No Cracks, No Chance of rain

CSK won the toss and elected to bowl first

2015-05-09_00001.jpg 2015-05-09_00003.jpg 2015-05-09_00005.jpg

CSK Batting

1-6 overs - 48/2
7-10 overs - 85/3
11-15 overs - 133/4
16-20 overs - 163/7

2nd T20 match ( I increased the bowling stats of CSK bowlers (Now in middle)
Pitch Condition : Green, Hard , Pristine, No cracks , Chance of Rain

CSK won the toss and elected to bowl first

2015-05-09_00006.jpg 2015-05-09_00008.jpg 2015-05-09_00009.jpg

Note : So the Chance of rain totally changed the way pitch behaved. Edges were frequent. KKR (me) lost 3 wickets in 1st over.
I didnt change my batting style. I played in the same way when I scored 222 in previous match.
2nd T20 match was the best ever I played.​

Last edited:
No worries man. Not much to say then I'm afraid. Frustrating I know, it's a hair tearer of an issue and that was just something that has worked for me. Bowling slow cutter's was mentioned by someone else. We could really do with Big Ant making a tailender batsman type that comes out and bats like Stuart Broad.

No worries man. Not much to say then I'm afraid. Frustrating I know, it's a hair tearer of an issue and that was just something that has worked for me. Bowling slow cutter's was mentioned by someone else. We could really do with Big Ant making a tailender batsman type that comes out and bats like Stuart Broad.

Yea kinda sucks. Guess I better try grind out a good score

So I have a challenge for someone. As far as I'm aware the default academy skills are similar to how these are set up. Does anyone want to use the default academy teams and play a test to see how it goes?

Note : So the Chance of rain totally changed the way pitch behaved.​

Next time make a note of the humidity. While playing Tests I have noticed that if the morning is humid and it decreases by noon, it's is representative of a wicket that has a bit of juice in it to begin with and as a result the ball will generally seam a bit but as the day goes on the seam movement decreases. I think this is something that Big Ant should really be commended on. It took a long while of playing to pick up on these things as they are quite subtle.

In what way Matt?
In the positive way - that I notice the improvements in bowling to the weaklings team compared to my normal matches where I'm playing against teams that are based on the default attributes (though obviously ones that are then scaled by career mode).

Any idea for the best pitch? Wierd question but I can't get anything out of the pitches I use. I use a dry, hard, worn and heavy craked pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread