Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

Why would they? They made a reasonable game, I'm sure sold some copies and made their money.. They have a load of other projects that I'm sure are keeping them busy.. Why would they come back to a game that was released over a year ago and probably isn't selling much now? I have the same thoughts about people who are assuming this magic patch 3 will come along.. I'm skeptical it will ever see the light of day.

because they are planning a sequel, this is work that benefits that sequel both explicitly (making the game better) and by keeping the fanbase happier.

We almost HAD to buy DBC14, because there was nothing else... we don't have to buy DBC16, because we'll still have a decent playable relatively recent game. They will want to keep us happy.

because they are planning a sequel, this is work that benefits that sequel both explicitly (making the game better) and by keeping the fanbase happier.

We almost HAD to buy DBC14, because there was nothing else... we don't have to buy DBC16, because we'll still have a decent playable relatively recent game. They will want to keep us happy.

^ Especially with the DBA there wont be any need to ever buy DBC16 as we can always have up to date squads.

Strange thing is , you will catch Ross online in here , watching threads , but not replying at all.

Very strange indeed....

what is great is by this time any other previous cricket title would be collecting dust in the cupboard [many other games too, only certain sandbox games like skyrim or farcry 3 have more longevity than this from my perspective ]....were as this still engages us and makes us take the effort to bother the game developers despite being a year+ old

Its a sport .

In 4 years from now , I would still play this damn game , Patch 3 or not , its the nature of the sport we love....

Its a sport .

In 4 years from now , I would still play this damn game , Patch 3 or not , its the nature of the sport we love....

Not so much the nature as the other options. If you dislike FIFA you can get PES or even a previous title, however as of now we don't have any other game to fall back on. Sadly my two other options are AC13 or NaveenCC* but sadly they have both been removed.

*#NeverForgetTheLegend

In your testing, have you seen a reduction in the lift over the slips shot? I've come to hate that shot. AI plays it regardless of the field set and also plays it when you set a field specifically for it. Reducing the shot a ball batting in 4/5 day cricket is a real issue as well.

In your testing, have you seen a reduction in the lift over the slips shot? I've come to hate that shot. AI plays it regardless of the field set and also plays it when you set a field specifically for it. Reducing the shot a ball batting in 4/5 day cricket is a real issue as well.
Its still there...Not reduced at all, those should be rectified in patch

Sort of. I say sort of because you can't seem to stop them from playing it ( I hate it also, especially to yorkers) but by reducing the flat bat attribute means that the shot comes off the bat differently and flatter generally. I have a feeling that some batsman types play this shot more than others also, but again I'm not certain of this. I haven't seen the AI play this shot into the stumps in a long time since playing around with the attributes though so that's an improvement.

I wish it could be removed altogether though, it kicks my Tourettes off!

Off topic: Has anyone known a game to cause them to swear as much as bowling in DBC? If it's not because of that shot, it's because I've bowled another no ball, been hit for a boundary, the keeper's giving me a twirl rather than catching the ball to name just a few of the things to trigger a few choice words aimed at the screen!

I was never like this when I played for real!!

Last edited:
So you have been testing out the game with different attribute settings then? What were your findings?
No not tested with different attributes but with various lengths, fieldset, and pace...None of them changes that...Its something which Ross has said as the AI's "Go-to" shot..That needs to be looked at...

No not tested with different attributes but with various lengths, fieldset, and pace...None of them changes that...Its something which Ross has said as the AI's "Go-to" shot..That needs to be looked at...

Yeah, ok. I think it's the same with the reverse sweep against spin although I have no problems with the AI playing that. I'm almost positive that the precise batman type are the worst offenders and that changing them to conservative may reduce the cut shot to full length balls but I have not had to chance to test this and won't be able to for a while now. It needs to be reconfigured so that it is only played to balls wide of off-stump, that would be less infuriating to me personally.

I've spent maybe 100 hours playing and testing different things but as I alleviate one issue, another appears a lot of the time but the gameplay in general has been much improved. I had been hoping that more people would be trying out and testing the things that have been posted but I'm completely aware that most people just want to play the game rather than messing around as it is so time consuming.

Yeah, ok. I think it's the same with the reverse sweep against spin although I have no problems with the AI playing that. I'm almost positive that the precise batman type are the worst offenders and that changing them to conservative may reduce the cut shot to full length balls but I have not had to chance to test this and won't be able to for a while now. It needs to be reconfigured so that it is only played to balls wide of off-stump, that would be less infuriating to me personally.

I've spent maybe 100 hours playing and testing different things but as I alleviate one issue, another appears a lot of the time but the gameplay in general has been much improved. I had been hoping that more people would be trying out and testing the things that have been posted but I'm completely aware that most people just want to play the game rather than messing around as it is so time consuming.
Reverse sweep is fine as you said because it also creates a wicket taking opportunity but that cut shot is something which needs a fresh touch of animation in the next iteration as it more of bat hanging in the air rather than a shot in the game...It should be more from the pace rather than placing which can happen to cheeky smart players who have the ability to place the ball finer but it should be more of the pace of the ball and the position of the bat and timing...

Its more of the interest area for the player like some prefer creating players, teams and stuff but majority prefer the readymade teams to download and give it a go...

Off topic: Has anyone known a game to cause them to swear as much as bowling in DBC? If it's not because of that shot, it's because I've bowled another no ball, been hit for a boundary, the keeper's giving me a twirl rather than catching the ball to name just a few of the things to trigger a few choice words aimed at the screen!

I was never like this when I played for real!!

Oh MAN that constantly happens! And I always seem to take wickets off no-balls....perfect outswinger that gets the edge, I get elated, do a couple of fist-pumps and - nope, no-ball. Follow it up with a half-volley that gets tossed for 4. Also I don't know if this was just a poor choice on my part team-wise, but my AI team mates in career mode probably drop around 50% of the catches that go their way when they field at Mid-On / Mid-Off when I bowl. They hardly drop it when their AI buddies bowl I think they discriminate.

CSK vs KKR (edited attributes)

Umesh Yadaav to McCullum (Brute)....McCullum steps down and hit a six over cover area . Awesome !

Users who are viewing this thread