Making editors for cricket games

Excellent,you seem to be a natural at this.Reps on my behalf.I cant see any reasons to why other's cant do it either.

Drewska said:
I can't seem to do it. I've now had a max of 33 errors!

Just do it a stage at a time.
Put this code in first and see if it works: (if it doesn't post some of the errors here)

PHP:
Dim result As String
Select Case cbohowout.text
  Case "bowled"
     result = txtbatsman.Text & " b " & txtbowler.Text & " " & txtruns.Text
End Select
MessageBox.Show(result)

Heres some.. started: Project: start Configuration: Debug ------
Performing main compilation...

c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SharpDevelop Projects\start\MainForm.cs(226,3): error CS0116: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods

Build complete -- 1 errors, 0 warnings

The Framework and Shark Develop thing still don't work/install for me. I have no clue why. I forgot the error message, but I don't think I'll be trying it again soon...

barmyarmy said:
Finally go back to your form design, click on the view menu and select tab order. Change it to make it easier to navigate:
Its wiser to set the tab order like this. So that once pressing the label's hotkey the focus will be immediately shifted to the next control :)

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 149
In tutorial 3, I will be posting on how to open and save files(that are related to your application) and how to put tooltip's in your application.Could someone who has managed to complete tutorial-2 using SharpDevelop post his comine file,so that I can progress with it.

RabbleRouser said:
Mines on Microsoft Visual Basic 2005, will that still work?

That's what I use. I think there may be more differences between the two programmes than we realise.

sorry,havent had any time at all to make the editor,will try to do so if I get time,but I cant guarantee when.Apologies again.

Seeing that I dont have the time atm to make the final tutorial,it wouldnt be a bad idea for those who are comfortable with what theyve learnt so far to make an editor.Colin and I had a few ideas for a couple of editors that could be made and Im sharing them here.Pls fell free to ask for advice if you are not sure how to proceed with it,or if you are stuck somewhere.

This was my idea(I forgot Colin's idea :p)

An AI editor which allows users to editor all aspects,so that they can just use the editor and help info. to edit all aspects of AI editing.

Help!!!!!

Please continue with your tutorial. First 2 were brilliant.

I made all the 2 programs, but I am having some problems in taking screenshots.when I press my print screen button, nothing happens. and also where are screen saved with the help of printscreen. I know it is saved in clipboard, but where is clipboard.

Also, is there any difference in working in SharpDeveloer and Visual basic express edition?? Is vb.net suitable as a front end tool with oracle9i as back-end.

Please someone help me. :help

I will continue with another tutorial on actually opening and editing files if Sid doesn't have the time.
There are differences between visual basic 2005 express and sharp develop but I'm not sure exactly what. Use vb 2005 if you can as it is newer than sharp develop.
Can't really help you with the oracle9i as backend tool question as I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread