Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Manchester Monkeys welcome sponsor
The PCPL's best team has announced a sponsorship deal worth 40,000 vCash. The sponsorship deal is just one of two sponsorship opportunities to take place at the club.

Rumours have the sponsors being Melbourne Bitter and the PCPL itself, with this subject to confirmation.

Earlier attempts at a deal with opposition team owner aus5892 fell through after payment wasn't received. Sources with the Monkeys say they aren't fussed about the lost 1k of vCash, stating that interest on the current Monkeys fund is over that.

As soon as the exact sponsors are confirmed the kit will be released to the press.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Naming rights up for grabs
Besides our kit sponsors, there are two spots left over for sponsorship, the name of the team, and the name of our home ground.

As seen in the title you will be getting to choose what name fills in that blank so if Donut King bought the rights, it could be The Donut King Manchester Monkeys. The 'Manchester Monkeys' part will not change.

The bidding starts now for the naming rights, if you are going to bid post in this format:

Proposed Name: The text goes here Manchester Monkeys
Bid:

I reserve the right to refuse a name.

Bidding will run up until I get what I think is a good enough bid, and then I'll give 48 hours after that for other people to better that bid.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well that is a good opening bid, if there is anyone out there who doesn't think Everton are the best and don't want that as the name you have 48 hours from now to beat Colin's bid.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
40k for the Colin for President Manchester Monkeys.
And Colin has it, provided the 40k is paid within a week it will be the Colin for President Manchester Monkeys (or any other name he chooses)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Matt,

I know i'm not part of your "to-be-team", but I have one suggestion that may be too good to refuse.

Each team gets to sign two international players, I presume you know this already. Sign Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh - I think your team would get alot of attention with them in your team, plus the name 'Monkey' as the team name adds the extra spice! ;)

Perhaps you could even make them fight, and sell tickets. Think of all the money :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Matt,

I know i'm not part of your "to-be-team", but I have one suggestion that may be too good to refuse.

Each team gets to sign two international players, I presume you know this already. Sign Andrew Symonds and Harbhajan Singh - I think your team would get alot of attention with them in your team, plus the name 'Monkey' as the team name adds the extra spice! ;)

Perhaps you could even make them fight, and sell tickets. Think of all the money :p
I guess its 3 international players as far as I had heard. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As much as it would be amusing to pick those two, I have a radically different approach to team selection. I won't reveal any details now, and part of it will be down to how the players are selected, but it will break the current cricsim conventions.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Matt,

lmfao. Legend.

Users who are viewing this thread