Your Cricket Manee's Season 2008

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

This thread is for me to jot down my performances in the 2008 English summer.

I am a left arm medium pace bowler who bowls predominant outswing to the right hander. Over the winter, I have worked on increasing my pace and adding an inswinger to my repertoire. My cousin owns a speed gun and I have recently been timed, in indoor nets after a long net session, at 62mph; this is an increase from my previous best, last season of 58mph.

I am going to play for my school second XI, looking to break into the firsts by churning out consistently good performances. My first school outdoor training session is on Monday...coincidentally the time of the next update;).

Hope you enjoy reading of my season...

Last edited:
Hi all,

This thread is for me to jot down my performances in the 2008 English summer.

I am a left arm medium pace bowler who bowls predominant outswing to the right hander. Over the winter, I have worked on increasing my pace and adding an inswinger to my repertoire. My cousin owns a speed gun and I have recently been timed, in indoor nets after a long net session, at 62mph; this is an increase from my previous best, last season of 58mph.

I am going to play for my school second XI, looking to break into the firsts by churning out consistently good performances. My first school outdoor training session is on Monday...coincidentally the time of the next update;).

Hope you enjoy reading of my season...

That's really, Pretty good. Probably Not trying too much of the swings, add loads of variations to your arsenal. Because, when you are a medium pacer, they work well and become easy for you. Better not worry about accuracy, having a decent run-up and a nice flowing action will easily break the ball into the nice spots. Keep it up!........:D.

Good Luck Manee, play well for the 2nd team and I hope you break into the first team, I imagine consistency will be the key to getting in the 1st team. Coincidentally my first outdoor training sessions is on Monday and is with the 2nd Team...Weather permitting...

what year are you in manee???

good luck mate hopfully they realise they made the wrong decision :p and you take heaps of wickets?

I'm 5ft 9 and about 10.5 stone, so I'm not that skinny. Anyway, the pre-season has ended and so this is not the time for physical work.

Manee
I've found that be best delivery i've ever learned was the leg cutter. Most batsman at this level don't anticipate this ball. If you can bowl it with pace, the slightest movement off the pitch can get the guy out.
Cheers.

My first update will be tomorrow since I found out today that my sessions are tomorrow...

Now I'm confused.

Gosh!Best of luck then..
Hope one day's extra rest has helped you.:p
You are just 11..:p..You so young like I was before 11 years.:D

TBH 62MPH isn't bad for someone of your age and it looks as though you know your game, which great. Concentrate on accuracy and swing and I'm sure your pace will gradually increase.

C'mon then Manee. Knock some pegs out!

good luck Manee dont worry about pace, if you put it in teh right areas and swing it both ways you will take wickets, GOOD LUCK

First Net Session: Finding my feet

My first net session outdoors this season was today and it went okay - it was on astroturf. I bowled with good pace after finding my stride and bowled in a good corridor too. I need to shift my line to closer to the stumps though as I tend to take it away from the batsman to outside the off stump which isn't productive at the low level I play at. I bowled a few okay bouncers on the bouncy surface, but I still doubt that I can turn this into a useful delivery on English pitches, as my pace and height (or lack thereof)

I attempted a new follow through but could not persist with it for too long as I was trying to make a good first impression. There is plenty of time tomorrow in Games to try out things. The crux of the matter is getting the back knee higher to prevent my knee collapsing as severely as it does...

I have officially given up on attempting to get into the First XI (no hollow encouragement, please) since the coach has no intention to pick me and has already removed me from the list to go on the Australian tour in 2009, when I will be in Upper Sixth. It pisses me off, somewhat, but I will be happy if I can boss the second XI level, by just plugging a leg stump line with outswing on a fullish length. It would seem that most of the batsman at my level do not tend to play between fine leg and mid off (going counter clockwise) so this might help me to set a more useful field and bowl a straighter line with more confidence.

Next update tomorrow...

Ah the 2XI is always more fun than the 1XI I sometimes miss it especially when training sucks. Not a bad session for you considering it was the first one. Better than mine at least :p

Users who are viewing this thread