Melbourne Bitters Official Thread

rickyp said:
omg that is so cool, who changed our first post? i love it!
That'd be me- stats have been updated again

Looks like duff can protect his batting average as much as he likes, but nothing can save his bowling :p

Next matches team:

Brad352
Squiz
Lonie_from_50
Clarkey
Rabbitoh Rob
Duffarama
Siddharth2002
Monty
Aus5892
The Mongrel
Rickyp

This is not permanent and dont get too excited inclusions, coz none of the omittions were 'dropped' since they have all performed. The people left in have just performed better, depending on how the new players perform this week i will consider swapping around players. Squiz - heres your chance to put some runs on the board, dont let me down

brad352 said:
That'd be me- stats have been updated again

Looks like duff can protect his batting average as much as he likes, but nothing can save his bowling :p

haha i know, id drop him if it wasnt for that infinite average :p

Great stuff Brad, true champion, or maybe your just trying to make me not drop you :p i wouldnt anyway, no one has stuffed up yet

Last edited:
squiz said:
Don't worry skip I won't let ya down.

lets hope not, were playing the Pakastani Legends at home so it should be a very easy game, hopefully we bat first and put on a big one

OK, to make sure that I won't let you down: The person to dismiss me in the next game will receive either a permanent ban from PlanetCricket or an angry stare from myself after the game.

There that should be a big enough deterant

squiz said:
OK, to make sure that I won't let you down: The person to dismiss me in the next game will receive either a permanent ban from PlanetCricket or an angry stare from myself after the game.

There that should be a big enough deterant
I'll run you out and then give you a pre-emptive ban before you can get to me :mad:

...actually no, we don't want Jarryd back :p

rickyp said:
i wonder who will keep if there are 2 keepers, we could do with a few less byes *stares at squiz*
And a few less ridiculous appeals

Well you get what you pay for. Give me more money and you'll see a better performance!

Every keeper seems to let a lot of byes through and appeal a lot in this sim though :mad:

Rickyp crumbles like a Violet CrumbleTM

Exuberant and crustaceous Bitters boarderdasher Rickyp has quashed the backbone of his team by ?dropping? various key members just like a female pole-dancer letting go of her dacks on a Sunday afternoon.
He grumbled to the PlanetCricket press later tonight saying, ?This is not permanent and don?t get too excited.? That is exactly the case. Melbourne supporters now have no hope of winning another match.
The ?better? performing players luckily haven?t been swatted like flies yet such as the mighty global moderator Brad352, and the superfluous wicketkeeper Squiz. Light-heartedly nicknamed the dandelion in the locker-room, Squiz made his piercing voice heard, ?Don't worry skip I won't let ya down.? This will no doubt turn a few heads.
Squiz has even more turned the heads of the media to breaking point by muttering, ?The person to dismiss me in the next game will receive either a permanent ban from PlanetCricket or an angry stare from myself after the game!? Opposing players better watch their step as the chicken-roasted battle heats up.
After Squiz made this comment, Brad352 went on the sour side. ?I'll run you out and then give you a pre-emptive ban before you can get to me!? Brad352 now has been given a yellow-card warning for sledging another team mate.
The tension is building at Melbourne and it turning out to be a soap opera rather than a cricket tournament.

R. Swipe, Chief of Chiefs
PlanetCricket Times 2

Last edited:
Rickyp angered by comments of 'crumbling under pressure'

Only a few moments after the latest news release, star manager and strike bowler rickyp has spoken back, "to say that i am crumbling is a pure understatement, im far beyond that... i mean... WERE GONNA WIN." he later went on to defend his comment from a few mins ago by saying, "IM NOT CRUMBLING!" the star manager from the former top team said, "the recent changes in the structure of the team was so that we could try new things in camp before the season starts, of course the real players are gonna be back for the real thing. This is simply a trial match for the young players and will certainly be a steep learning curve for them and i hope to see them improve dramatically"

Users who are viewing this thread