Melbourne Demons Dynasty

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
2011membershiplogo.jpg

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to the Melbourne Football for the upcoming 2011 season. We will be following the Melbourne team in it's journey to get back on top of the AFL world and win a premiership! It has been a down time for a long time for this Melbourne Football club, and after the sacking of Senior coach Dean Bailey, it will be interesting to see where the club and board heads from here.

In this story you will see the emergance of the Melbourne Football Club. A week to week summary about the club. From team lists every thursday night, to game day. Coach press conferences and to training reviews through the week.
You will get to live a day to day basis of what it's like to be behind the doors of the Demons in 2011.

TELECASTING RIGHTS: I have given the right for Fox footy channel to follow all the Melbourne Games throughout 2011 and beyond
Fox Footy won due to the introduction of many innovative technologies and including one of the best commentary team.

TECHNOLOGIES: The all new and improved scoreboards from the match summary, to the team line-ups from Thursday night footy shows

FANTASY GAMES: And the best part about the game, is that i will try and get you (The Bigfooty community) involved in the story as much as possible by running a weekly tipping competitions, polls and fan centeral where you get to have your say and ask the coach (me) some questions/feedback

Yes it all does sound awesome, but this story is going to take a lot of work and will need the help from you guys reading the story to be patient and constantly follow through the downs/success of the Melbourne Football Club (I am a Adelaide supporter myself, but i wanted a challenge in the game)

More updates to come soon, but for now... GO THE DEMONS!!

Roofrom50

International Coach
2011membershiplogo.jpg

Melbourne comes to terms with new coach​

The Melbourne Football has finally named their senior coach for the 2011 season after the end of season sacking of Dean Bailey. Melbourne legend Gary Lyon announced that the Demons would go after an outsider from the AFL game to take Melbourne forward.

Lyon said that we have great pleasure in announcing that Sports Fitness guru, Hayden Sumner had been announced the new Melbourne coach starting immediately.

Here is what Gary Lyon had to say about the new announcing of coach.

" I have great pleasure in announcing that Hayden Sumner would be the senior coach of the Melbourne football starting immediately. A lot of you wouldn't of heard of this man before, and that is something that we targeted when in search for our new coach. We had a lot of offers and we went through a lot of presentations in the search, but Sumner's vision about where he sees and wants this football club was just outstanding and something we couldn't look past.

Sumner has a lot of great plans for this football club, a unique attacking game style that he will bring into the club.

Sumner has come from a fitness background, so that is certainly something that he will stamp in straight away at the club after last year the media calling the Demons, disinterested in playing AFL football".

As board members, we are really looking forward to Sumner working his way through this AFL club. He is new, has fresh idea's and is pretty young, so we have a clear understanding on what we want from this football club, and we believe that Sumner is the right man to take this team forward to premiership success.

Here is what the new coach had to say after his appointment of the senior job.

"First of all, i would like to thank the Melbourne board for giving me the opportunity as senior coach of this wonderful football club. I don't want too say too much at the moment, but what i will say to all of you is that, yesterday was the day where the Melbourne Football club where easy beats. I am bringing this club to it's greatest. I wil bring a hard game style, where teams will think twice about going into a contest. We want teams to fear playing the Demons this year and beyond. We will become a hard contested side that is hard at every contest. We will have no stragglers this season, and if they do, i won't think twice about putting them in the 2nds. If you want to play for the Melbourne Football, then you need to show me and pull your head to be able to play for this side. I don't have time for timewasters.

That is all i am going to say for the time being, because today is the day where the resserection starts for the Melbourne Footy Club".​

Roofrom50

International Coach
2011membershiplogo.jpg

Playing List

12. Colin Sylvia

22. Brent Moloney

40. Mark Jamar

2. Nathan Jones

36. Aaron Davey

9. Jack Trengove

27. Jared Rivers

18. Brad Green (Veteran)

16. Jack Grimes

6. Matthew Bate

31. Tom Scully

26. Robert Campbell (Rookie)

3. Clint Bartram

35. Luke Tapscott

24. Liam Jurrah

10. Cale Morton

8. James Frawley

29. Michael Newton (Rookie)

14. Lynden Dunn

28. James Macdonald

15. Ricky Petterd

46. Simon Blease

37. Max Gawn

33. Austin Woonaemiri

4. Jack Watts

1. Matthew Warnock

13. Jordan McKenzie

42. Jake Spencer

41. Rohan Bail

39. Neville Jetta

5. Jordan Gysberts

20. Colin Garland

47. Jamie Strauss

7. Jamie Bennell

48. Jack Fitzpatrick

19. Adam Maric

34. Stefan Martin

21. Lucas Cook

49. Daniel Nicholson (Rookie)

45. Kelvin Lawrence (Rookie)

50. Michael Evans (Rookie)

43. Tom McDonald

41. Troy Davis

52. Cameron Johnson (Rookie)

38. Jeremy Howe

Captain: Brad Green

Vice Captain: Matthew Bate

Vice Captain: Mark Jamar

Coach: Hayden Sumner

Midfield coach: Scott West

Forward coach: Josh Mahoney

Defence coach: Mark Williams

Fitness coach: Joel Hocking

Ruck coach: Manny Derrick

Youth coach: Ian Flack

bradgreen.jpg

Roofrom50

International Coach
2011membershiplogo.jpg

Melbourne's Pre Season

Round 1: Fremantle: 15.9.99 def Melbourne: 15.7.97

We had a decent enough pre season. We had to travel to Perth in round 1 of the NAB Cup competiton to face the Dockers which we had to do again in Round 1 of the proper season.

I thought the boys did a very good job in this practice match. A lot of people think that the NAB cup is just warm up matches for the AFL season, and when you think about it, it's exactly the case.

Although our boys did fight hard in the competition we went down by 2 points to the Dockers in their Round 1 NAB Cup clash. Going over the Subiaco and facing a pretty full strength Fremantle side and only loosing by 2 points was a very good effort i thought.

We had some really good signs in the middle of the contest. I said at the start of the season that i wanted to turn this Melbourne outfit into a hard contested team, and that showed in the first match against the Dockers winning the hard ball gets 24-38.

However we did let the Dockers back into the game. We got off to a fantastic start kicking 7 goals in the first quarter, but allowed the Dockers to kick 5 in the last quarter and we could only manage the 2 goals ourselves.

Brent Moloney and Nate Jones led from the front with both players having 33 possessions, while i was very impressed with young Jack Grimes off the half back flank. Grimes had 26 possessions himself and played an important part off the half back line.

Max Gawn played forward. After having an injury free pre season, Gawn looked the goods in attack with his height playing a valuable role slotting home 4 goals for the Demons, while Liam Jurrah keeps inpressing kicking 3 goals himself.

Round 2: West Coast: 17.10.112 def Melbourne: 13.8.86

The second game against the Eagles was a little more intense. West Coast were a lot harder at the ball and that proved in the hard ball stats winning 46 to 18. I think our boys seemed tired after putting a big effort in against the Dockers. We will learn from this though, i need to toughen and strengthen this side, physically and mentally.
I was impressed with both Gawn and Jamar though. Coming up against the premier ruck division in Cox and Natuinui. Only loosing the hitouts by 1 against the two dominant ruckman was good signs from Gawn and the more experience Jamar.

Again Nate Jones was very good, and Colin Sylivia played a very handy role through the midfield. Jack Grimes was good again off the half back line this time picking up 30 touches while Tom Scully and Jack Trengove are proving while they are gonna be 10-15 year players for the Demons.

Aaron Davey found some space in the forward line and kicked 3 goals from his 6 possesions, while Matthew Bate and Liam Jurrah fought hard against Darren Glass and Mitch Brown kicking 2 goals a piece.​

Roofrom50

International Coach
melbournedemons1.jpg

Round 1: Friday 18th March 2012
Fremantle vs Melbourne @ Patterson Stadium

The Melbourne Demons will travel over to Perth for their Round 1 clash of the 2012 season to face the Fremantle Dockers. The Demons travelled to Perth in the NAB cup competition to face both the Dockers and Eagles and came away with two losses, comfortably against the Eagles, while showing a better display against the Dockers only loosing by 2 points.

The Demons under new coach Hayden Sumner have been branded a new hard attacking style of play which they need to display against a defensive Dockers unit this evening. It's the first game of the year so no doubt that players will be feeling the pinch half way through the match.

Fremantle will be boostered with their home ground advantage, and the travel factor is against the Demons, so we are expecting a Fremantle win at home. Here is what coach Sumner had to say.

" Well here we go again, another trip west to face the Dockers this season. A month ago we came over here and played some really inspiring footy against Fremantle, but lacked the hardness against the Eagles. We will be looking to play that style of football again, and a month in football is a long time. Here is the 22 that we have picked for this evenings game....

round1v.jpg

Jack Watts has been left out of the side this round. I feel as though Jack's mind isn't on the upcoming season at the moment, that is something that as a coaching group will need to change. We will go into the game with two ruckman. Gawn and Jamar with Gawn playing more as a tall forward. We need to take a second ruckman in as Jamar wont be able to contest against Sandilands all evening. Wooneamiri gets a shot in round one as i have been impressed with the small forward, while Jack Grimes has been in oustanding form throught the NAB cup competition will start on the wing for us.​

Users who are viewing this thread