Members info thread - Post about yourself here!

Test Matches are brilliant, they are like a good novel. Each player, like a character, plays his role, and each session is like a chapter. We get a beggining in the opening sessions, where we get a grasp of the characters and what role they might play. Then the plot thickens, to a climax. There are dillemas and decisions to be made. There are suprises (like a dodgy umpire or miraculous catch). There are twists and turns. The match develops over the days, new situations arise (like the pitch deterioating, or players picking up injuries), and there are always Heros to save the day, to bring your team back from the dead, and Villains to ruin it, like the man who bowls that impeccable spell or that destructive match saving 100. And every character gets a second chance as the match progresses, and it is up to them whether they use it to redeem themselves or squander it away. You can have the unfancied joker triumph the king, while the young lad who promised so much heartbreakingly fails to deliver. Some characters start with a bang and fizzle out over the 5 days, some go un-noticed till the very end, when their role suddenly becomes match-changing moment. There is drama, there is excitement, there is the ebb and flow that you just cannot get in 3 hours of Twenty20...

Last edited:
Screen ID: Jakester1288
aka: Jake
Favourite Sports: Cricket, Rugby League
Likes: Test Matches, Australians, books, films, people who don't like Spinksy (a real dire guy from Cricsim), forums.
Dislikes: Homework
Likely to end up as a: I dunno. I want to to be Cricketer though.

Screen ID: Jakester1288
aka: Jake
Favourite Sports: Cricket, Rugby League
Likes: Test Matches, Australians, books, films, people who don't like Spinksy (a real dire guy from Cricsim), forums.
Dislikes: Homework
Likely to end up as a: I dunno. I want to to be Cricketer though.

Sydney Roosters :noway Stgeorge is where its at :D

AKA: Jake
vCash: 755
Domestic Team: NSW!
National Team: Australia!

So jake your always on the computer?

Test Matches are brilliant, they are like a good novel. Each player, like a character, plays his role, and each session is like a chapter. We get a beggining in the opening sessions, where we get a grasp of the characters and what role they might play. Then the plot thickens, to a climax. There are dillemas and decisions to be made. There are suprises (like a dodgy umpire or miraculous catch). There are twists and turns. The match develops over the days, new situations arise (like the pitch deterioating, or players picking up injuries), and there are always Heros to save the day, to bring your team back from the dead, and Villains to ruin it, like the man who bowls that impeccable spell or that destructive match saving 100. And every character gets a second chance as the match progresses, and it is up to them whether they use it to redeem themselves or squander it away. You can have the unfancied joker triumph the king, while the young lad who promised so much heartbreakingly fails to deliver. Some characters start with a bang and fizzle out over the 5 days, some go un-noticed till the very end, when their role suddenly becomes match-changing moment. There is drama, there is excitement, there is the ebb and flow that you just cannot get in 3 hours of Twenty20...

That is exactly why I love Test Matches. You described it wonderfully.

And to those Australians who said after school they got a snack and sat in front the TV watch Test matches, I do the same thing :eek:

Screen ID: Tiger Puds
aka: Ryan
Favourite Sports: Football *And the occasional Cricket Match*
Dislikes: Homework, Test matches
Likely to end up as a: Architect

Screen ID: mukund_nadkarni
Favourite Sports : Cricket, football, F1.
Likes : Sachin Tendulkar, Pink Floyd, Pixar, good movies, design, any form of art!
Dislikes : Indian politicians, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, copyrights!
Likely to end up as : Some small-time artist!

Last edited:
Do you have a microsoft PC Mukund?

And nice to see another F1 fan on the forum.

Yup Microsoft PC! :hpraise Heil Microsoft!

LOL! And don't tell me you have a Mac or something!

Hell, I hate Microsoft with a passion! If it wasn't for my dependence on Photoshop, I'd be running Linux!

Last edited:
Screen ID: Dr. Pepper
AKA: Mani/Maninder
Favourite Sports : Cricket, Football, F1, Tennis and playing Hockey.
Likes : Video games, computers, Artemis Fowl books, Family Guy.
Dislikes : High School Musical, the touch pad on my laptop, people who don't type properly and Highlander999 :p.
Likely to end up as : Something to do with Maths or a cricketer.

Cheers Mani :D

Screen ID: Dr. Pepper
AKA: Mani/Maninder
Favourite Sports : Cricket, Football, F1, Tennis and playing Hockey.
Likes : Video games, computers, Artemis Fowl books, Family Guy.
Dislikes : High School Musical, the touch pad on my laptop, people who don't type properly and Highlander999 :p. (Who is really sexy and I really admire)
Likely to end up as : Something to do with Maths or a cricketer.

Users who are viewing this thread