Mike Hussey announcement?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just read on other forums who heard on SEN that Hussey will be announcing his retirement. Probably is time going by his form in the past year.

I wonder if it will be in both forms of the game? Probably is time to move on from the test team though, give some younger player's experience against the likes of Pakistan and the West Indies this summer.

Best to retire from ODIs before getting sacked.

I don't think he will retire from tests though, since he just found form.

Better retire before his average drops below 50 ;)

:laugh I was going to mention that in the above post, although I think his test average is on the higher side of 52?

This would be really strange. Since he was such a late starter and seems to love playing. I'm sure he won't retire from tests. If he did i'd be gobsmacked.

His ODI form has actually been better than his Test form. But if he wants to preserve himself then the obvious thing to do is step down from all formats apart from Test.

It would be Hopes, having his bowling is very handy for the side and with White back down in the lower order and Johnson finding some ODI form there isn't quite the need for another big hitter.

Hopefully he doesn't retire from tests. I'd imagine that they (CA) would wait until Ferguson is ready for test cricket then force Hussey to retire?

Hussey's retirement will pave the way for Voges and Pomersbach.

And going by his performance ,yes ,his time has come.
Maybe,he will quit from ODI n T20. I think he will play Tests for another couple of years though.

Hussey's retirement will pave the way for Voges and Pomersbach.

And going by his performance ,yes ,his time has come.
Maybe,he will quit from ODI n T20. I think he will play Tests for another couple of years though.

Luke Pomersbach wont be playing for quite a while I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread