Mike Hussey announcement?

Does he even play in the IPL? cant imagine anyone signing him, not exactly 2020 material

haha wow, still though, theres way better 2020 players in the world than Hussey.

Well, he's gonna earn much more playing for CSK for just 2 months, than he will playing for Australia all year :p

Mixed feelings on this if it's correct.

My immediate reaction is: Good, that's the easy way to get rid of him. Harsh, but we don't have any important series coming up until the Ashes rematch so now would be the perfect time to get someone new into the team - Test cricket I'm talking about. Whether it's Hughes/Jaques/Rogers at the top with Watson sliding down or Ferguson/White/Klinger/Voges in the middle it would make sense to blood them against a toothless West Indies team this summer.

In ODIs I don't think he should be there going forward either, we need to start transitioning to our 2011 World Cup team, and I can't see Mike Hussey in that squad.

For Hussey personally it would be a little strange - he's not THAT old, not even 35 yet - a decent age for a batsman. And for a man known as Mr Cricket, it would seem odd that he would have burned himself out. But maybe he has and the hyperactivity has caught up with him. Doesn't help he hasn't hit a lot of runs. You'd think he could play some really good cricket for WA for a few years though.

94670.jpg

Aussie legend. He was the man when he was at no. 6 in the test team. His test hundreds were always full of good shots and emotion when he reached three figures. Always loud in the field and first to congratulate a bowler on a wicket. He is a great role model and a good person. Wish him luck and hope he plays for the Warriors (hopefully captain in the absence of North).

(This is if he even announces any type of retirement, until I hear it from his mouth I won't beleive it)

^^^ haha.

And thats a good way to show respect to Mikey. Man was he a good player ! His IPL stint was very disappointing coz I expected a lot more from him. But nonetheless, to debut at the age of 31 and play the way he has requires a lot of determination.

He truly is Australia's Anil Kumble. 200% commitment in every game ! You'll be missed, Micheal :hpraise

Does he even play in the IPL? cant imagine anyone signing him, not exactly 2020 material

Hussey is actually a very fine T20 player. Has a superb record, averaging over 40 with a strike rate above 130. Really is an excellent batsman in all forms of the game.

Be a big miss for Australia if he retires, especially in One Day cricket. He's a superb finisher and adds that extra bit of experience to the middle order. I don't think White or Voges are capable of filling the void left by Hussey. I'd back Ferguson to step up and perform at Test level if Hussey is to retire from that form though. I wasn't too keen on Ferguson having not seen too much of him, thought he may be abit of an English 1 season wonder pick but seeing him bat in England I've been very impressed by him. Certainly looks to have the technique to step up to the highest level.

Users who are viewing this thread