Mike Hussey announcement?

He just bores me, and calling himself Mr Cricket just peeves me. Does not really matter what I think though. His ODI innings are the cure for insomnia in my books.

He just bores me, and calling himself Mr Cricket just peeves me. Does not really matter what I think though. His ODI innings are the cure for insomnia in my books.
I've tried to tell you before, Mr Cricket was a nickname made for him by his team mates, he didn't invent it for himself. And even if he did it doesn't mean anything bad, it just means that if there is an obscure cricket fact about something that happened in Togo or something, he is the one who knows about it.

So he knows a lot about cricket stats then, I always just assumed it was a complete lack of modesty on his part. Either way, still find him boring and like I said earlier, does not matter what I think.

I hope he is retiring, he's been an excellent servant, but he just hasn't got it. West Indies 123213th XI and Pakistan could be what he needs to get his form back, but I think he's been given a bit of a push or will be very soon.

If there is an announcement it looks like it will be either after tonight or after the Champions trophy.

I feel his been in fair form recently to be honest, but just hasn't got starts to show the results.

Although yes, I do think he's been in bad form, you guys need to cut him some slack. He was Bradmanesque for how long, like 4 years? He was averaging in the 80s and 70s when we toured Australia last year. The law of averages is catching up with him, that's all. I think it's just a matter of time before he's back and averaging around 55 odd.

He should play at least till the 2011 world cup otherwise Australia will definitely miss a lot of flair in their middle order with Clarke and Ferguson slowing things up and not to mention he is still an excellent finisher.

Still Australia's best ODi batsman as well tbh. Been the 3rd leading run-scorer in the last 12 months, but has a better average than Haddin and a much better strike-rate than Clarke.

People are getting on his back a bit too quickly. He is still a top quality player and I am sure he still has a part to play in the national team.

for me, he's the the quintessential australian cricketer and defines what australia do the best. That could be construed as an insult to a country that has probably produced more of the worlds finest cricketers than anywhere else but the way he took the talent he had, worked tooth and nail to maximise it, never showed nerves when he got his chance and always applied himself is just what makes australia so hard to beat always. Australia may have greats like ponting, warne, lillee, bradman, miller and the like but it's the Hussey's that make them what they are.

Whoa don't put Ferguson with Clarke. Ferguson has a better strike rate than Hussey!

It'll go down I tell ya, he just hasn't got the flair in him to keep it going. Even Clarke had a strike rate of 89 when he started his career.

Users who are viewing this thread