Your Cricket Most Expensive Drop

viney

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Today I played in my teams last game of the season. One of their players was dropped on about 7 off my bowling then i dropped the same player on about 20:doh. he went on to make 130 of their 240 runs. just wondering if anyone has had a more expensive drop than those 2?

Was it necessary to make this thread?

It reminds me of an ugly Past!

Well it was a final....9 runs to win off the last over and we were fielding..Opposition's 9 wickets were down..Last batsmen..I was at mid wicket!And I dropped an easy one!That cost us the game :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Was it necessary to make this thread?

Was it necessary to make that post?

Really, anything that happens on this forum, isn't necessary. Visiting this forum isn't necessary. Posting on this forum isn't necessary. Was it a nice addition to this forum? Yes, I think it was a good idea for a thread. I know you were talking about a bad memory.

I dropped a guy once who then hit me for 22 off one over. I wouldn't mind but when he gets out I get the 2 blokes after him for nothing.

I was once dropped with five runs left :o

The same guy had been sledging me just before. Haha.

Well, we got a single and then my batting partner finished the game wiith a four and a no-ball.

And it we were 9 wickets down, both of us being retired batsman.

And it was the top team we were playing.

Fairly expensive!

And on Thursday, I dropped the final catch in King of the Hill, and I was the King!

That reminded me, once a guy in the slips was sledging me, and I was giving it back. He said "Hit me a catch" or something to that effect. I said, "There's no point, you'll drop it."

Next ball I edged it to him. He dropped it. :laugh

We played against Counties in under 17's and I had the opener dropped on about 10, he ended up making 117 and pretty much made the ND team because of that knock.

Really, anything that happens on this forum, isn't necessary. Visiting this forum isn't necessary. Posting on this forum isn't necessary. Was it a nice addition to this forum? Yes, I think it was a good idea for a thread. I know you were talking about a bad memory.

Mate you took it too seriously....
It's like you're in your team party when you've won the cup by your brilliant effort!But then someone reminds you of a real bad match of yours...Then what'll you say"Was it necessary to say that?"...It's just that way! :)

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with you? you have turned into such a knob recently..

we were playing against our local rivals this season, and we had made 240 from 40 overs on a bowling pitch.

their opener was dropped on 1, and went on to score 167 of their runs

they won, obviously

Dropped the ball and gave it for 6 when 11 needed in the last over and the last wicket and they won!!!!!:(

Once dropped a guy first ball at silly mid-off and he went on to make 60 odd and win them the game. Bad times.

Ahh. Well, they were 90/7 or something like that when this guy came in. Big strong Pakistani fast bowler - 6'2, maybe 220lbs, around 30 years old or so, you get the idea. We kind of relaxed a bit, seeing as he was a tailender walking in at such a precarious situation, that too only 20 overs or so into the 40 over match.

I was fielding at short cover, not really thinking. First ball, he mistimes a leading edge and it pops right up towards me, and I drop an absolute dolly. No biggie though, right? Wrong.

The guy goes absolutely crazy. Just smashing it through the line, ball after ball, over the midwicket fence for HUGE sixes. He ended up getting a big hundred. I don't even think he ran more than 15 runs in his 130+ innings. They got 275/9 in 40 overs, we got rolled over for 112. The guy took a five for too.

Thought of another good un. Dropped a little kid when we needed 3 wickets to win and they needed like 20 odd runs and these were kids batting, they should have had no chance. I was stilled pissed off after a triple wicket maiden my coach made me come off. I'm sure I posted a rant on here too about it :D so I dropped it and was just like screw you lads. Then they won and we only won one game all year as the team was full of kids. Probably a bit selfish of me :D

Users who are viewing this thread