Most improved cricketer?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is the most improved cricketer in last 2 years?

Kamran Akmal comes to mind instantly. Retained his place in side only because no other wk batsman was around on scene and also because of his destructive batting. His keeping looked up to mark in T20 world cup and no Pakistani fan was crying for his head as well.

AB DeVilliers has also shown tremendous improvement. He was always considered next big thing in RSA and has had fantastic last 8 or so months in all forms of cricket and can be said is the best batsman in the world at the moment.

Tilakratne Dilshan has also been revelation in batting. He had some very good knocks in ODIs and carried the same form into IPL and T20 World Cup.

Gautam Gambhir has to be up there as well.

Good point. Gautam has been very consistent since first T20 world cup. He was very good in limited overs format and was never considered ideal for test matches but has really come of age with gritty knocks in test cricket against Australia and New Zealand. His knock in New Zealand is best I have seen by an Indian opener.

Dilshan, even if it's mainly based off T20 form, when he started he looked horrible. I never would have picked that he'd still be playing right now. Seems liked a bits and pieces player. Good on him.

Dale Steyn, Mitchell Johnson or Jimmy Anderson

Zahher Khan,what a coem back he made,earlier he was dropped out of the team for his poor performance,when he came back he was again the opening bowler for India,he got wickets in all formats of the game,even before the T20 WC ,Kumar Sangghakara has said ZK is one of the best bowler at this moment in World Cricket..

Johnson has come a long way, even before the SA series there were question marks over him. But the SA series made other countries take notice. He still has to prove that wasn't a one off to be mentioned as the most improved cricketer but so far he is top of my list. Dilshan and Akmal certainly are there abouts.

Bopara and Anderson
Steyn and De Villiers
Mitch Johnson
Zaheer Khan

Dilshan? Meh, so he had a good tournament. He's gonna need to do a bit more before I crown him a star.

For India, Gambhir should be the biggest candidate. He started off poorly even though he was a run machine in domestic cricket. Just when I thought "This was another hapless domestic run accumulator who looks a novice in international matches", he scripted the turnaround in amazing fashion and has become India's best opener in recent times (he is better than Sehwag, Ramesh, SS Das, Akash Chopra, Sanjay Bangar, etc). If he goes at the current rate, he might end up challenging Gavaskar and the likes for India's all time best openers.

Iain O'Brein, no doubt about it. The guy was pure rubbish until around this time last year.

Where is Afridi for great improvement in batting.He was looking now more compact batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread