Most Predictable World Cup Ever?

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Will this be the most boring world cup ever?

With 2 superpowers already out of the tournament and severe beatings awaiting the minnows in the super 8 this world cup has the most predictable semi final line up.

The ICC thought that this format will mean all 8 top test nations will go through and contest a brilliant world cup and this plan was very clever,

how the icc have been left with egg on their faces by ireland and bangladesh,

not to mention the tv companies and organisers missing out on indian revenue and pakistan vs india match which would have made more money than the whole tourney alltogether

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
just becuase Pakistan are out doesn't make it boring for the rest of us,this has certainly been the most dramatic world cup ever with the upsets, Bob Woolmer :crying Freddie going a bit mental,Gibbs hitting 6 6's off an over and try to remember this is all at the stage where it's meant to be boring! The real world cup starts at the super 8's!

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
India arent out yet
what do u mean by boring the world cup just got intresting

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Well maybe boring was abit over the top,
but once the super 8's come
it will become the most predictable.
you cant honestly see india going through now cos bermuda wont beat bangla and bangladesh is capable of beating bermuda by a very big margin
and you honestly cant see ireland beating any of the test nations,
sure they beat pakistan but that was a one off
pakistan at the moment would have trouble beatng a school side

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
wfdu_ben91 said:
Australia vs South Africa > India vs Pakistan
India vs Pakistan >> Australia vs South Africa

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We will not going to see the most Classic match this time , India VS Pakistan :(

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
maybe if india get eliminated too then we could arrange a bilateral series with pakistan

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
just what i was thinking
could be inzi's goodbye series too

if i was to choose any match as inzi's last it would certainly be against india

he should have waited for the princes trust match in england

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
gambino said:
and you honestly cant see ireland beating any of the test nations,
sure they beat pakistan but that was a one off

Why are you trying to predict everything? How can you say Ireland can't beat any other side?

Anyways, this world cup is getting better than previous once IMO. A top side getting knocked off by a associate gives me more pleasure than seeing AUS beaten by NZL. I'm very happy for Ireland.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Yes this is the most predictable World Cup ever. We all predicted Gibbs hitting six sixes in and over. We all predicted Ireland's tie with Zimbabwe. We all predicted Ireland beating Pakistan. We all predicted Bangladesh beating India. We all predicted Pakistan going out in the first round.

Wait.... no we didn't!

This isn't the most boring World Cup, it isn't the most predictable World Cup, it's the most exciting and, in my opinion, best World Cup ever.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
gambino said:
but once the super 8's come
it will become the most predictable.

Eh?

Possible Super 8 line up:
Australia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh/India
New Zealand
England/Kenya
West Indies
Ireland

I really wonder whether you think things through at all sometimes.

You've got five teams in there who can potentially all beat each other on any given day and in England a team that can compete if they do the basics right. Bangladesh will always put up a fight (IF they get through). Also, who's to say Ireland's performance was a one off? All it takes is another pitch similar to the one like the Pakistan match and their bowlers will be in business. They've had both Pakistan and South Africa reeling on this trip so far.

My guess is you're only saying it's going to be a boring world cup from now on because Pakistan are out. Just enjoy the cricket like the rest of us. :rolleyes:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
andrew_nixon said:
it's the most exciting and, in my opinion, best World Cup ever.

Sorry Andrew , i dont think so , it maybe a good start , but definately not the best , first of all its not the pitch or place wher u can hve best World Cup :noway

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread