Most Underated Bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood is underrated, he took 6 wickets against Bangladesh and he still gets called a part time bowler by the commentators

Brad Hogg - Only few people in the world know how good he is (i think he's better than Warne in 1 dayers).
Nathan Bracken - Consistent good bowling and IMO much better than Tait.
Andre Nel - Takes wickets and was 1 of the top 10 bowlers but no one cared.
Charl Langeveldt - Definately underated! I thought he did pretty good against Australia.

If we all took a vote right now, I'd say Naved-ul-Hasan would win, and I would agree. Although, I have to say Kaneria is under-rated inside of Pakistan, mostly because he gets over-shadowed by Akhtar. Like the Lahore test against England, he was the one who provided the break through when Pakistan was desperate for one, but Akhtar got the credit for winning the match after taking the tail-enders out.

RoboRocks said:
Collingwood is underrated, he took 6 wickets against Bangladesh and he still gets called a part time bowler by the commentators
Read your statement again, slowly. :p

IloveGilly said:
Brad Hogg - Only few people in the world know how good he is (i think he's better than Warne in 1 dayers).
Nathan Bracken - Consistent good bowling and IMO much better than Tait.
Andre Nel - Takes wickets and was 1 of the top 10 bowlers but no one cared.
Charl Langeveldt - Definately underated! I thought he did pretty good against Australia.

Hogg has to many release balls, got a good wrong-un though.

Kyle Mills has been bowling extremly well lately, hes our McGrath ;)

Bracken and Nel are too.

Yeah Kyle Mills has improved a lot, thanks to the belief and confidence showed by Fleming. One more guy comes to mind, Darryl Tuffey. I think he can be as good as anybody when in form but has completely lost in oblivion somehow.

Vettori has to be the most underrated. I mean he has got to contend with 2 other champion spin bowlers as well, Murali and Warne. Also he has improved dramtically in recent years and has often troubled the top teams as well such as Aus.

Collingwood is under-rated. You cant really call him part-time, as that would mean putting him in the same boat as Saurav Ganguly, Graeme Smith and Michael Vaughan. He can be a very effective fifth or sixth bowler, and has done pretty well with the ball.

Hoggard is the king of swing. When the conditions allow the ball to move around, he is the bowler you will not want to face. Just ask the South Africans!

Simon Jones was under-rated before the Ashes series, but he showed his true class and potential during that series. The world's best batting lineup crumbled to his pace, swing and seam. Infact even now I think he isnt rated very highly. But I think he is currently one of the most dangerous bowlers in the world. It was a shame he missed the Pakistan tour, and his absence cost the team big time.

On the other hand...I think Steve Harmison at times is over-rated.

nightprowler10 said:
If we all took a vote right now, I'd say Naved-ul-Hasan would win, and I would agree. Although, I have to say Kaneria is under-rated inside of Pakistan, mostly because he gets over-shadowed by Akhtar. Like the Lahore test against England, he was the one who provided the break through when Pakistan was desperate for one, but Akhtar got the credit for winning the match after taking the tail-enders out.
Naved-Ul-Hasan:Naved has an economy rate of 5+ in ODIs & his bowling average in tests is 60+ which means that he is crap.Keeping his overall record in mind,I'm unable to understand that how he is underrated.He doesn't deserve any place in the test team & be replaced either with Mohammad Irshad or Mohammad Khalil in tests.

Danish Kaneria:If u calculate this guy's overall average against top 7 test playing nations other than Pakistan(AUS,ENG,SA,IND,NZ,SL &WI),its in high 40s with a strike rate of 80+(Even Afridi's S/R is better than that) & no good bowler(a spinner in particular) can have such stats.He has a fine looking average because of the loads of wickets that he has taken against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe.The thing about his bowling which annoys me the most is that many of the times,he goes for 100+ runs without taking a wicket.He mostly performs when the track has lot of assistance in it for the spinners(usually in the 4th innings of a match). Even an ordinary bowler would perform on such tracks.And in ODIs,we all know that he is utter crap.

Pakistan has only one world class bowler at the moment i.e Shoaib Akhtar & Pakistan always depends on him for the victory.Selection committee should immediately drop the "sifarshees" like Mohammad Sami & Rana Naved & give chance to some of the youngsters who r doing well at domestic level i.e Umar Gul,Abdul Rauf,Mohammad Irshad,Mohammad Khalil &Riaz Afridi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread