Most Underated Bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he has potential. He is quick which helps on flat tracks and does trouble the batsmen. It is a good thing they are keeping faith in him. He will do better over time.

He doesn't get swing!!! God He bowls fast and straight thats why he doesn't get wickets. A bowler with no variety isn't very hard to face.

Yes he can!!! Thats what makes his inswining yorker lethal. If you are rating him on the last two matces, no one swung it! Not even Pathan!

Sami is odinary, he does nothing terribly, he does nothing brilliantly, hence why he averages 32 in FC cricket and near 50 in test cricket and goes at about 3.5 an over.

Giles is definately underrated, he is a much better bowler than he is given credit for.

how about Yasir Arafat ? he'z good at Scotland and domestic cricket.

Yasir has to prove himself, as he has little chances of making it into the team. Untill Razzaq and Afridi and Malik are there Yasir has no chance. Just like Azhar.

Someone said Vaas is underrated. Yes sometimes his intelligence as a bowler and variations, changes of pace etc, aren't appreciated by the public because he's not lightning, but I don't think he's underrated, most people who know anything about cricket rate him, he's brilliant to hold a team together wihtout much consistent support from other pacemen.
Sami's a very difficult one to comment about. He has alot good about his bowling, but I don't think the problem is him being underrated, its over-rated. No one else would get the amount of chances he gets, just in the hope that it'll pay off and he'll bowl one great spell and become consistent somehow.

andrew_nixon said:
Is there another Giles playing cricket? Because you surely can't be talking about Ashely Giles.

What a stupid mistake. He was clearly referring to Godwin Giles, averaged four after 2 first-class innings, reckons he should have been given another chance. Oh yes, and he died 51 years ago.

Assuming he was talking about Ashley Giles, which is pretty definite, he's not great but he does take alot of criticism. He's improved from a container too quite a handy bowler, he may not be a Warne who takes bags of wickets but he takes crucial wickets, even in the past Ashes series of 2005 he played a key role. I'd say he's decent, he's played 52 tests and improved alot. Before the Ashes someone said whoever gets out to Giles should hang himself. That's what FreddieFan is talking about, those sort of comments to an alright bowler.

prarara said:
Mahendra Singh Dhoni & Younis Khan...:)
Dhoni may become the next Afridi batting wise, but I doubt it.

Younis Khan needs to prove himself by making big scores against countries other than India.

andrew_nixon said:
Is there another Giles playing cricket? Because you surely can't be talking about Ashely Giles.

Giles Brandreth or maybe the bloke who was in Buffy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread