Most Underated Bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
genghis_khan said:
andre nel is easily the most underrated

when u think of the south african pace attack u think of pollock and Ntini but Nel is also important

he regularly troubled the aussie batsman this summer and its a shame he got injured when he did. He triggered their batting collapses at Melbourne and Sydney.

he is also his country's most overrated actor :D

Jacques Rudolph is underrated, Jacques Kallis 2. Johan Botha is brilliant when he gets a chance. I think Graeme Smith is a bit too cocky 4 my liking. Makhaya Ntini is also underrated. Charl Willoughby is also pretty good and is a LFM bowler so he could be quite valuable in a fairly monotonous South African bowling attack.

stevie said:
How on earth can you class him amongst the greats?! Something to do with the fact that your a big fan perhaps?
'Shoaib',which is a part of my username is my real name also & it has nothing to do with the fact that whether I'm a big fan of Shoaib Akhtar or not.I think Shoaib Akhtar is underrated,check his record & U'll find that he deserves to be there amongst the greats.He's got better S/R & average than many great bowlers.Also consider the fact that for most of his career,he's played on dead wickets of Pakistan on which even people like Dennis Lillee failed badly.And,have u forgotten what did he do with your mighty England on those wickets?Its not necessary that only that bowler who takes 400+ or 500+ wickets is a legend.These days,he's alone taken the load of whole Pakistan bowling attack on his shoulders.Ask those batsmen who've faced his 95 MPH+ yorkers & bouncers,& they'll tell u that how good bowler is he.

Its not stats which make players legends. Its how they affect the game as a whole, their personality, how they carried their team through tough times and was always there for them. Stats aren't what makes a legend. Stats are just like the icing on the cake, you can't have the icing without the cake.

Srinath was India's lone pace bowler in an era where spin dominated. He bowled with pace, vigour and determination. He had several missed occassions, but always broke through. He was a master at exploiting the subcontinental pitches, doing things which no other foreign bowler could do. Infact, had he bowled more on English/Pakistani/Aussie greentops and had a bit more luck, he would have made the 400 club, no doubt. He had pur pace, great determination and a fantastic cricket brain. Even to this day when he is commentating on TV, you can see his experience showing through. He has great plans and ideas against batsman many couldn't even think off.

Akhtar is known for a horrible attitude, wasting his talent, his big mouth, his sheer lack of fitness and determination, and have I mentioned his horrible attitude? Even if he is changing, it is too late now. He will be a legend, but for all the wrong reasons.

Oh, and Wahindiawah knows what he is saying. Irshad has yet to do anything 'extraordinary'.

Infact, had he bowled more on English/Pakistani/Aussie greentops and had a bit more luck, he would have made the 400 club, no doubt.
Pakistani greentops?Are u sure?Dude Pakistani pitches never have had anything for fast bowlers & u r calling them grentops.Do u even know what a greentop is.No one has ever seen that kind of pitch in Pakistan.Our pitches have never been supportive to fast bowlers,yet we've produced perhaps more fast bowling legends than any country including India.And Srinath wouldn't have been able to take more than 100 wickets by playing on dead wickets of Pakistan.
Akhtar is known for a horrible attitude, wasting his talent, his big mouth, his sheer lack of fitness and determination, and have I mentioned his horrible attitude? Even if he is changing, it is too late now. He will be a legend, but for all the wrong reasons.
Utter rubbish.Shoaib has always been full of determination & impressive attituse.And as far as his fitness is concerned,whats the big deal in it every fast bowler has someinjury problem.You've posted all this non-sense about Shoaib Akhtar only because he is a Pakistani & u r an Indian supporter.

Last edited:
Pakistani greentops?Are u sure?Dude Pakistani pitches never have had anything for fast bowlers & u r calling them grentops.Do u even know what a greentop is.No one has ever seen that kind of pitch in Pakistan.Our pitches have never been supportive to fast bowlers,yet we've produced perhaps more fast bowling legends than any country including India
Really? You served up a lot of seamer friendly wickets last time we torued, and have had lots of either seamer friendly or batting friendly pitches during the era of Srinath.

Utter rubbish.Shoaib has always been full of determination & impressive attituse.And as far as his fitness is concerned,whats the big deal in it every fast bowler has someinjury problem.You've posted all this non-sense about Shoaib Akhtar only because he is a Pakistani & u r an Indian supporter.
PAH!!!! PURE NONESENSE!!!!!! Have you even been around when Shoaib has been playing? Do you follow cricket at all???
Beh, that statement is so ignorant, I have realised only a fool would waste time arguing with a fool, and I am not a fool.
Good day sir, you have brought down this thread with your ignorance.

Shoaib87 said:
You've posted all this non-sense about Shoaib Akhtar only because he is a Pakistani & u r an Indian supporter.

So why have I said he's not a legend? I don't recall being an Indian cricket fan... :rolleyes:
Shoaib, legend? Don't make me laugh! Jason Gillespie is closer to that status than Shoaib will ever be.

I can't believe I'm on Zorax's side here! :eek: :p

Wahindiawah said:
Srinath is a living legend. Mr Shoaib Ahmad seems to be jealous of ur hero.

Pak has been trying to hype up M Irsaad, who is a fake copy of Srinath, but Irshaad has neither the speed, nor the talent to match the Indian legend.

Do you have a personal grudge against Irshad? And sorry to break it to you smart boy, but Irshad can easily touch 90+mph. Faster than Srinath quite easily. Accurate: I dont think so. I think thats why Irshad is not given a go, because of his pathetic accuracy. He sprays the ball around like Agarkar or Nehra. If he gains control over his bowling than definitely he will be in the reckoning.

UsmanCHADDA said:
I am talking about the Agarkar who is currently touring Pakistan with the Indian cricket team :rolleyes:
Well, this very Agarkar has taken more wickets in one match than your Shoaib Akhtar has in the whole series :rolleyes:

ZoraxDoom said:
Well, this very Agarkar has taken more wickets in one match than your Shoaib Akhtar has in the whole series :rolleyes:

Ooh...Agarkar has done a great thing picking up the wicket of Naved-ul-Hasan....

stevie said:
:
Shoaib, legend? Don't make me laugh! Jason Gillespie is closer to that status than Shoaib will ever be.

I can't believe I'm on Zorax's side here! :eek: :p

Gillespie... LOL, Jason is out of Australian team and is now over the hill, no point in comparing him with Akhtar or any other competitive bowler

I do agree that Akhtar is a top bowler, there are only a few pacers better than Akhtar in cricket world right now.Its a different thing that Akhtar struggles against India, and he will continue to do that, that is because Indian batting lineup is the best in the world (something which England are going to realise soon :D )

UsmanCHADDA said:
Do you have a personal grudge against Irshad? And sorry to break it to you smart boy, but Irshad can easily touch 90+mph. Faster than Srinath quite easily. Accurate: I dont think so. I think thats why Irshad is not given a go, because of his pathetic accuracy. He sprays the ball around like Agarkar or Nehra. If he gains control over his bowling than definitely he will be in the reckoning.

So the bottom line is that he's useless, right?

It doesn't matter how fast one can bowl, if there is no accuracy then the bowler end up being punished instead of getting a wicket.

Wahindiawah said:
Gillespie... LOL, Jason is out of Australian team and is now over the hill, no point in comparing him with Akhtar or any other competitive bowler

Discounting Gillespie's performance through 2005, he has been truly world class just about all of the time, that's not something to laugh at. Need I remind you of his 20 wickets at 16.15 through the 2004 series v India in India? Also take a look at his performances through the Australian domestic season, quality performer.

Shoaib has for much of his career been a show pony and utterly obsessed by bowling as fast as he can. I know who I'd rather have in my side.

Wahindiawah said:
(something which England are going to realise soon :D )

Do not under estimate our bowling attack (seam bowlers anyway!). You do it will cost you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread