Most Underated Bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
nightprowler10 said:
Dhoni may become the next Afridi batting wise, but I doubt it.

Younis Khan needs to prove himself by making big scores against countries other than India.

I think he's sarcastically referring to when they bowled on the fifth day, not their batting.

ZoraxDoom said:
Well, Mohammed Sami isn't crap. He has pace, doesn't spray it around alot, gets swing - conventional and reverse, and has a great yorker. For some reason he doesn't get too many wickets, and no one knows why...
Pace & swing are are not the ideals to judge a bowler's quality.Actuallty its average,economy rate & S/R which tells how good a bowler is.Mohammad Sami is definitely a crap as he has been play international cricket for more than 4 years now & yet his place in the team is under question.He surely is one of the worst bowlers I've ever seen playing international cricket for such a long time.

Pak_cricketer said:
Yasir has to prove himself, as he has little chances of making it into the team. Untill Razzaq and Afridi and Malik are there Yasir has no chance. Just like Azhar.
When it comes to test cricket,Shoaib Malik & Abdul Razzaq can neither be ranked amongst batsmen nor the bowlers while Yasir Arafat is a good bowler & he has been the best performer in domestic cricket for about 3 or 4 years now.Thats why I think he should be preferred over Shoaib Malik & Abdul Razzaq in tests atleast,if not in ODIs.

Last edited:
Sami is talented but just isn't suited to the international level and hasn't made the transition properly. He's okay I guess but there are many more in Pakistan that are more talented than him.

mohmad asif
irfan pathan
shahid afridi
andrew symonds
danish kaneria
ms dhoni

Shoaib87 said:
Actuallty its average,economy rate & S/R which tells how good a bowler is
Really? In that case Boucher must be one hell of a bowler, and Micheal Clarke must be better than Warne in tests ay? Infact, Clarke would be the best test bowler ever...
And Attapattu's stats seem to surpass even Vaas's bowling, wonder why he doesn't bowl more...

Point made.

Shoaib87 said:
Naved-Ul-Hasan:Naved has an economy rate of 5+ in ODIs & his bowling average in tests is 60+ which means that he is crap.Keeping his overall record in mind,I'm unable to understand that how he is underrated.He doesn't deserve any place in the test team & be replaced either with Mohammad Irshad or Mohammad Khalil in tests.

Same Khalil who got trashed in India and didn't even get a single wkt???

Do you want India to post 400+ runs at the loss of just one run every time against Pakistan or what???

And Mohad Irshaad is a rookie, who is unproven till date.He did get training at your prestigious MRF academy and i don't think our coaches at MRF were much impress with him.

Bowlers like Irshaad, if given chance prematurely, often prooves to be faster off the bat!

Really? In that case Boucher must be one hell of a bowler, and Micheal Clarke must be better than Warne in tests ay? Infact, Clarke would be the best test bowler ever...
And Attapattu's stats seem to surpass even Vaas's bowling, wonder why he doesn't bowl more...

Point made.
Dude,my statement implies on regular/frontline bowlers & not the make-shift ones.

Same Khalil who got trashed in India and didn't even get a single wkt???

Do you want India to post 400+ runs at the loss of just one run every time against Pakistan or what???
Be cool dude!I know U r a diehard fan of Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan & its evident by having a look at your signature on this forum

And Mohad Irshaad is a rookie, who is unproven till date.He did get training at your prestigious MRF academy and i don't think our coaches at MRF were much impress with him.
Bowlers like Irshaad, if given chance prematurely, often prooves to be faster off the bat!
Our pacers went there only to get trained by Dennis Lillee & we don't give a **** to those other coaches at MRF who haven't been able to produce a single world-class pacer since the foundation of that academy.And Mohammad Irshad is one of the most promising young prospects that we have & he proved his worth by showing good performance in the practice match against England.

Last edited:
kodos said:
Sami is talented but just isn't suited to the international level and hasn't made the transition properly. He's okay I guess but there are many more in Pakistan that are more talented than him.
Sami is a very overrated bowler .
I have ben hearing Imran Khan sing praises of the talent Sami has (for the past 3 years) but I`ve never seen him do anything brilliant apart from a game against NZ and a hattrick against SRL.

I might make some Pakistanis by this, but Zaheer Khan is a more wicket-taking bowler than Sami .
Pakistanis seem to be so obsessed with pace that they feel any bowler who bowls less than 100mph is crap !

That is why Rana Naved does`nt get the same star status as a Sami or an Akthar .

Last edited:
Well Rana is alot better than Sami and yes Sami is overrated. I saw him in the series against Aus and he was pathetic. Umar Gul or even Asif are better than Sami.

I might make some Pakistanis by this, but Zaheer Khan is a more wicket-taking bowler than Sami.
Zaheer Khan is definitely much better bowler than Mohammad Sami.
Pakistanis seem to be so obsessed with pace that they feel any bowler who bowls less than 100mph is crap!
Yeah,most Pakistanis(including the selectors & team management) are surely over-obsessed with pace & thats the reason they've been consistently prefering a crap like Mohammad Sami(who is a genuine fast bowler but of no use to the team) over medium pace seamers like Umar Gul who've done well at test level.

Last edited:
I have ben hearing Imran Khan sing praises of the talent Sami has (for the past 3 years) but I`ve never seen him do anything brilliant apart from a game against NZ and a hattrick against SRL.

I might make some Pakistanis by this, but Zaheer Khan is a more wicket-taking bowler than Sami .
Pakistanis seem to be so obsessed with pace that they feel any bowler who bowls less than 100mph is crap !
Firstly, I feel Sami is talented. And I agree Zaheer is better. Sami isn't crap, have you seen him bowl? He is fast, skiddy, gets swing and reverse swing, has a good yorker, and troubles many batsmen. For some reason, he just doesn't get wickets. Maybe it is the lack of a variation, or a definate stock delivery. When Sehwag made that 309, he was dropped off Sami like two times! Infact, when you see all his tours, in each one he has had atleast one or two missed opportunities(LBWs, Catches...).
Oh, and Rana naved is excellent to.

Now, @Shoaib87 - Ok, lets take some great frontline bowlers:
Vettori: Average of 34.86 in tests, 34.03 in ODIs. This means he is crap, and that the ICC are total morons to select him in a best of the rest World XI.
Abdul Razzaq: Test bowling average hovering near 40. Is he crap? (If you do call him crap, then your an idiot)
Flintoff: His test bowling average is 6 points higher than Shoaib. I don't think any introduction to Freddie is neccessary.
RP Singh: His ODI bowling average is better than Shoaib's himself.

If you feel that stats are everything, then you are a moron. I think many members here will back me up that stats aren't everything.

Vettori: Average of 34.86 in tests, 34.03 in ODIs. This means he is crap, and that the ICC are total morons to select him in a best of the rest World XI.
Vettori was a political appointee in the ROW,he was not there because of his performance or good average.

Abdul Razzaq: Test bowling average hovering near 40. Is he crap? (If you do call him crap, then your an idiot).
If u call him a good bowler,then u r an idiot not me (if I call him crap) because he is surely a third class bowler who doesn't deserve a place in the test side.
Flintoff: His test bowling average is 6 points higher than Shoaib. I don't think any introduction to Freddie is neccessary.
He was crap early on in his career but for last one year or so,he has done a great job for his team but he cannot be compared with Shoaib Akhtar.
RP Singh: His ODI bowling average is better than Shoaib's himself.
Compare his average with Akhtar when he has played 50+ ODIs.

If you feel that stats are everything, then you are a moron. I think many members here will back me up that stats aren't everything.
I've never said that stats are everything but they are the main source of judging quality of a bowler/batsmen.Mohammad Akram,Aaqib Javed & Ata-ur-Rehman have very poor stats as compared to Wasim /Imran/Waqar/Sarfaraz/Shoaib, would u call those ordinary bowlers "better" than these legendary fast bowlers?If u do,then I won't hesitate to say that u know nothing about cricket.U can't ignore the stats & start judging quality of players yourself.Surely,there are other factors apart from stats also,but they are not as significant as stats.

Last edited:
Shoaib87 said:
Our pacers went there only to get trained by Dennis Lillee & we don't give a **** to those other coaches at MRF who haven't been able to produce a single world-class pacer since the foundation of that academy.And Mohammad Irshad is one of the most promising young prospects that we have & he proved his worth by showing good performance in the practice match against England.

Mohd Irsad did nothing against England, it was Asif and Yasir Arafat that did well in side matches.

Mohd Irshad is a fake copy of our legend Srinath, i hardly think he will ever be as successful as the great legend.

Wahindiawah said:
Mohd Irsad did nothing against England, it was Asif and Yasir Arafat that did well in side matches.

Mohd Irshad is a fake copy of our legend Srinath, i hardly think he will ever be as successful as the great legend.
Srinath was a good bowler but not a legend.And no,I don't think that he is a fake copy of Srinath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread