Most Underated Bowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZoraxDoom said:
Really? In that case Boucher must be one hell of a bowler, and Micheal Clarke must be better than Warne in tests ay? Infact, Clarke would be the best test bowler ever...
And Attapattu's stats seem to surpass even Vaas's bowling, wonder why he doesn't bowl more...

Point made.

Thats true, but that doesn't make Sami any better. During the Eng v Pak series if England were batting under pressure, they could attack him quite easily.

Shoaib87 said:
Srinath was a good bowler but not a legend.And no,I don't think that he is a fake copy of Srinath.

Since the days of cricketweb ;) you have been found guilty of hyping Mohd Irshad. Believe me the guy will probably never even going to a test cap!!

Shoaib87 said:
Vettori was a political appointee in the ROW,he was not there because of his performance or good average.
*sigh*. Just wait till you play New Zealand, hope you have a big appetite cause you will be eating your words...

If u call him a good bowler,then u r an idiot not me (if I call him crap) because he is surely a third class bowler who doesn't deserve a place in the test side.
So, your selectors, Inzy, and Bob Woolmer are idots...

He was crap early on in his career but for last one year or so,he has done a great job for his team but he cannot be compared with Shoaib Akhtar.
Well then, Razzaq was fantastic early is his career, but has lost a bit of bowling of late. And yes he can, he has played pretty much the same opposition, and is almost as experienced.

Compare his average with Akhtar when he has played 50+ ODIs.
So compare Sami and Ul-Hassan when they have played for 10 odd years.

I've never said that stats are everything but they are the main source of judging quality of a bowler/batsmen.Mohammad Akram,Aaqib Javed & Ata-ur-Rehman have very poor stats as compared to Wasim /Imran/Waqar/Sarfaraz/Shoaib, would u call those ordinary bowlers "better" than these legendary fast bowlers?If u do,then I won't hesitate to say that u know nothing about cricket.U can't ignore the stats & start judging quality of players yourself.Surely,there are other factors apart from stats also,but they are not as significant as stats.
Stats aren't the most significant. Many batsmen in the past have averages which now days would be considered ordinary, but the wickets they played on were harder. No way you can call them crap. The same way, now days bowlers are getting hit about because wickets ae batter friendly, so their stats will be poorer. Mohammed Akram, Aaquib Javed, Ata-ur-Rehman weren't and never were great. We can say that because their careers are over. But Sami, Ul hassan, and all the others are still playing and are young and have potential. I didn't compare them to anyone. Just because their stats are bad doesn't mean they are crap. Stats are nothing, expecially with players who are currently playing and are performing. You are ignoring the quality and basing it purely on stats. You even said it in your posts:
Shoaib87 said:
Pace & swing are are not the ideals to judge a bowler's quality.Actuallty its average,economy rate & S/R which tells how good a bowler is.Mohammad Sami is definitely a crap as he has been play international cricket for more than 4 years now & yet his place in the team is under question.He surely is one of the worst bowlers I've ever seen playing international cricket for such a long time.
Shoaib87 said:
Naved-Ul-Hasan:Naved has an economy rate of 5+ in ODIs & his bowling average in tests is 60+ which means that he is crap.
Danish Kaneria:If u calculate this guy's overall average against top 7 test playing nations other than Pakistan(AUS,ENG,SA,IND,NZ,SL &WI),its in high 40s with a strike rate of 80+(Even Afridi's S/R is better than that) & no good bowler(a spinner in particular) can have such stats....
Even an ordinary bowler would perform on such tracks.And in ODIs,we all know that he is utter crap.

You are just oozing ignorance. And saying that Srinath isn't a legend, utter rubbish.

Drewska said:
Thats true, but that doesn't make Sami any better. During the Eng v Pak series if England were batting under pressure, they could attack him quite easily.
He still is young. I am not saying he is great, just that he has potential, and for some reason hasn't fulfilled it.
I reccomend this article:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/233444.html
Oh, and this should help you see through my eyes on Sami and why Agarkar shouldn't be dropped:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/146037.html

Last edited:
ZoraxDoom said:
So, your selectors, Inzy, and Bob Woolmer are idots...

NOt anymore, as finally they have realised that M Sami is crap and have dropped him.

When you have Asif and Gul in ur squad, then there should be no place for a player like Sami

And its funny how Vettori was the best bowler, even with perhaps the worst stats. Him and Murili were the only ones who looked anywhere near great.

So compare Sami and Ul-Hassan when they have played for 10 odd years.
Pakistan team management would be idiot if they allowed that crap(Mohammad Sami) to play for 10 years more.Sami has been playing international cricket for more than 5 years now and has done nothing extra-ordinary to claim a place in the team for himself.

You are just oozing ignorance. And saying that Srinath isn't a legend, utter rubbish.
And when r u going to say that Mohammad Sami & Ajit Agarkar are also legends?Dude,Srinath was a very good bowler but great cricketers,experts & gurus don't consider him a legend(I'm saying
he is not a legend not because of personal like/dislike).

Many Indian cricket gurus consider him a legend. He was our lone pacer in times when spin dominated. He also could have had tons more (well, about 40 actually) had not so many dropped catches and missed chances went past him. In India's history, he is our second most successful paceman after Dev. May gurus would consider him a legend, at the least in India.

Pakistan team management would be idiot if they allowed that crap(Mohammad Sami) to play for 10 years more.Sami has been playing international cricket for more than 5 years now and has done nothing extra-ordinary to claim a place in the team for himself.
But how can you compare him? He can always have a purple patch in the next five years. Many a player struggled early in their careers but flourished later on.
And nothing extraordinary? So two international hattricks is just routine for every bowler then?

Last edited:
Sri's performance is legendary, considering the fact that he was the sole pace bowler for India in the 90's. Imran Khan once said that "Sri is the most talented bowler in Asia but also the most unfortunate" and there are reasons behind it.

I consider Srinath under-rated.

cricket_lover said:
Sri's performance is legendary, considering the fact that he was the sole pace bowler for India in the 90's. Imran Khan once said that "Sri is the most talented bowler in Asia but also the most unfortunate" and there are reasons behind it.

Srinath is a living legend. Mr Shoaib Ahmad seems to be jealous of ur hero.

Pak has been trying to hype up M Irsaad, who is a fake copy of Srinath, but Irshaad has neither the speed, nor the talent to match the Indian legend.

Srinath is a living legend. Mr Shoaib Ahmed seems to be jealous of ur hero.
Would I be jealous of him as he was one of my favourite bowlers in 90s & I think U haven't read what I said about him:
He was a very good bowler.

Pak has been trying to hype up M Irsaad, who is a fake copy of Srinath, but Irshaad has neither the speed, nor the talent to match the Indian legend.
Mohammad Irshad's ideal is Shoaib Akhtar & tries to copy his run-up & action.So,how come he a fake copy of Javegal Srinath?

Yeah, he is definitely underrated but any bowler who is underrated is not a legend.I personally(like many cricket followers & experts),put him in the same category of Jason Gillespie,Damien Flemming,Shaun Pollock,Darren Gough & Chaminda Vaas who all are/were very good bowlers but they simply can't be considered "legends".If we do consider all these bowlers(including Srinath) as "legends",then 70%+ bowlers will have to be called legends.Legend is a term which is often misused.If we consider Srinath a legend,then it would be insult of people who are actually legends i.e Glenn McGrath,Allan Donald,Kapil Dev,Imran Khan,Courtney Walsh,Wasim Akram,Malcom Marshall,Waqar Younis,Richard Hadlee,Sarfaraz Nawaz,Dennis Lillee & Shoaib Akhtar.

Last edited:
andre nel is easily the most underrated

when u think of the south african pace attack u think of pollock and Ntini but Nel is also important

he regularly troubled the aussie batsman this summer and its a shame he got injured when he did. He triggered their batting collapses at Melbourne and Sydney.

Shoaib87 said:
Mohammad Irshad's ideal is Shoaib Akhtar & tries to copy his run-up & action.So,how come he a fake copy of Javegal Srinath?

Here my Rating of Pak Pacers

1Akhtar
2Rana
3Asif
4Umar
5Sami
6Yasir Arafat
7Najaf Shah/S Nazir/Rao Iftikhar

Irshaad have a great hurdle to cross, unless he do something very dramatic, he will find it very hard to get a place in the team

How come Mohammad Sami better than Yasir Arafat/Najaf Shah/Shahid Nazir/Rao Iftikhar Anjum?

genghis_khan said:
andre nel is easily the most underrated

when u think of the south african pace attack u think of pollock and Ntini but Nel is also important

he regularly troubled the aussie batsman this summer and its a shame he got injured when he did. He triggered their batting collapses at Melbourne and Sydney.

I agree, hes definatly underrated. He had a good chance to stamp his mark during this VB series, it was a shame he got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread